• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I've now slipped once again to 1/6-1/12 estimated delivery. And yet I read about trucks on the way or already at the dealer for 12/12 build week.
Yup mine hasn't done anything since 12/19 great job @Ford Motor Company FML
Sponsored

RobFitz167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GB FE
I just walked away from my Lariat order, the dealer wouldn't honor the MY2022 pricing that I was promised when I extended my reservation during the initial wave. That on top of missing out on the tax credit by a week, and I just couldn't justify it. I still have my FE Mach-E, which is the best and most fun car I've ever owned. Had a long relationship with AutoNation Ford Tustin that I can break up from with few regrets.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
My baby is home. It had 50% charge, 45 miles on it and Bluetooth was paired to some dudes phone. I think someone drove it home last night but not sure. Despite my fears, I let them detail it and I am glad I did. Dealer did not pull anything. Everything went as expected and smooth. They did sign my home made (GM modified) tax form and were open to sign anything else I bring them in future. It did not have mobile charger but they did sign an I owe you for it. I will report later how that goes. I highly recommend have them sign a revised agreement with the total bottom line stated ahead of time. That went a long way in a good delivery experience.

It feels much higher than anything else I have owned. 30 seconds After I pulled out of the dealership, I got a thumbs up from an ICE F150. For the rest of the trip home I didn’t look at the side windows just to make sure I don’t crash the thing on the first day.

Those of you that are still in the crappy part of the process, it is well worth it. Hang in there, the good part is not that far.

Last edited:

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My baby is home. It had 50% charge, 45 miles on it and Bluetooth was paired to some dudes phone. I think someone drove it home last night but not sure. Despite my fears, I let them detail it and I am glad I did. Dealer did not pull anything. Everything went as expected and smooth. They did sign my home made (GM modified) tax form and were open to sign anything else I bring them in future. It did not have mobile charger but they did sign an I owe you for it. I will report later how that goes. I highly recommend have them sign a revised agreement with the total bottom line stated ahead of time. That went a long way in a good delivery experience.

It feels much higher than anything else I have owned. 30 seconds After I pulled out of the dealership, I got a thumbs up from an ICE F150. For the rest of the thrip home I didn’t look at the side windows just to make sure I don’t crash the thing on the first day.

Those of you that are still in the crappy part of the process, it is well worth it. Hang in there, the good part is not that far.
pics?
also you were convinced you were gonna be last and your one of the first

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)

It feels much higher than anything else I have owned. 30 seconds After I pulled out of the dealership, I got a thumbs up from an ICE F150. For the rest of the thrip home I didn’t look at the side windows just to make sure I don’t crash the thing on the first day.

First of all congrats!! Second of all…I’d be extremely upset with 45miles on it!! what the heck ?!?! Unless maybe Area 51 had to fix something and do testing lol

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First of all congrats!! Second of all…I’d be extremely upset with 45miles on it!! what the heck ?!?! Unless maybe Area 51 had to fix something and do testing lol
Thanks. I was OK with it since the dealer didn't act up otherwise and I didn't see any damage.

pics?
also you were convinced you were gonna be last and your one of the first

I feel funny posting pics since it is nothing new so I try to at least post with a different perspective.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1673131213358

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1673131267213

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1673131307542

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1673131446097

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1673131494483

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1673131407442

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1673131364903

Last edited:

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning

Picked mine up today, too. Mine had around 55 miles. I doubt those are dealer miles. I think the truck was driven between Dearborn and Flat Rock. There was a lot of road salt and dirt on it.

No difficulty with the price protection. I had already flagged it for the dealer a few days earlier, so they had everything nice and tidy with the paperwork when I got there.

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro

congrats!!!!

Did you de-select the mobile charger option when ordering? Your dealer is still going to provide you one free of charge? If so, congratulations again!!

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
congrats!!!!

Did you de-select the mobile charger option when ordering? Your dealer is still going to provide you one free of charge? If so, congratulations again!!
Thanks.

That is correct. I always felt like point of getting the $7K rebate was for Ford to give me back the opportunity they took away the first time they offered me to order. Even though I am being taxed on that $7K now, they did offer it and I did get it. Even though I didn’t get the 2022 $7,500 tax incentive, I believe Ford tried in good faith to get the truck to me as fast as possible. So when their customer service rep told me I will be getting the mobile charger even if I did not select it, it made sense to me that they are trying to restore my 22 ordering condition. If I do get it, I probably will be exception to the rule but I will post here if that happens.

Even though dealer signed an I owe you paper on this one, I believe it when I see it. I have a feeling, they will come back and say we made a mistake and try to get out of it. My thought on the mobile charger in general is that it makes sense to have it as an option for the truck and not include it automatically, but Ford didn’t make the change to reduce the price, they did it as a part of price increase. $500 for that charger is way over market value but dealer can pay for it with the Doc fee they charged me. Ford should offer the mobile charger at 10% over cost.

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Picked mine up today, too. Mine had around 55 miles. I doubt those are dealer miles. I think the truck was driven between Dearborn and Flat Rock. There was a lot of road salt and dirt on it.
Congrats. Time to enjoy. What color is yours?

you may be right on the mileage. It did look like that under the driver feet and under the truck a bit too. I wonder who won, when they were racing our trucks in snow.

Sponsored

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
Thanks.

That is correct. I always felt like point of getting the $7K rebate was for Ford to give me back the opportunity they took away the first time they offered me to order. Even though I am being taxed on that $7K now, they did offer it and I did get it. Even though I didn’t get the 2022 $7,500 tax incentive, I believe Ford tried in good faith to get the truck to me as fast as possible. So when their customer service rep told me I will be getting the mobile charger even if I did not select it, it made sense to me that they are trying to restore my 22 ordering condition. If I do get it, I probably will be exception to the rule but I will post here if that happens.

Even though dealer signed an I owe you paper on this one, I believe it when I see it. I have a feeling, they will come back and say we made a mistake and try to get out of it. My thought on the mobile charger in general is that it makes sense to have it as an option for the truck and not include it automatically, but Ford didn’t make the change to reduce the price, they did it as a part of price increase. $500 for that charger is way over market value but dealer can pay for it with the Doc fee they charged me. Ford should offer the mobile charger at 10% over cost.
Did you get the $5k price protection too?

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From the amount of crud I have to clear out of my wheel wells, my driver clearly gave your driver a good run.

PXL_20230107_155555225.jpg

My truck is grey.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ith-the-color-options-on-the-lightning.11649/
Yup, I think mine lost that race. Mine was not as intense with coverage.

Did you get the $5k price protection too?
Yes, that was the first thing they put in writing. Apparently that was a standard practice long before Lightning. Ford honors the price at the order time and in my opinion any dealer playing dumb on that one is trying to pull a fast one. The $7K rebate is what I had problem getting clear response to. I had to go in person, have them get to the correct screen and once we all saw it together, they revised and signed the original order to include it with the balance due including both. That is exactly what I paid at the pick up with no drama. This was all new to me, and I owe it all to this forum and it's members. If I looked clueless going in, things could have been very different.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Yup, I think mine lost that race. Mine was not as intense with coverage.

Yes, that was the first thing they put in writing. Apparently that was a standard practice long before Lightning. Ford honors the price at the order time and in my opinion any dealer playing dumb on that one is trying to pull a fast one. The $7K rebate is what I had problem getting clear response to. I had to go in person, have them get to the correct screen and once we all saw it together, they revised and signed the original order to include it with the balance due including both. That is exactly what I paid at the pick up with no drama. This was all new to me, and I owe it all to this forum and it's members. If I looked clueless going in, things could have been very different.
Congrats Maxx!!
Beautiful truck and pictures! Surely worth the wait. I am so happy to hear that you didn't face any challenges in getting the $5k + $7k, plus they signed your Tax form. Great job!
I will do the same when I am taking delivery. Hopefully mine will be smooth as well.

Nobody knows where my truck is. I called Ford Marketing on Friday and they said it's still on microchip hold, but the status has been shipped since 12/22 with No delivery estimate and no email. I was told it's on BNSF train and it's been in Blue Island, IL for over 2 weeks...

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Thanks.

I 100% agree with you! Every time I called customer service and they told me I was getting it even though I didn’t select it. Every time I told them to put it in my notes. They told me to call them when I pick up the truck if it wasn’t included. I will try to get one from the dealer and tell them to pull it from one of their cars on the lot. If that doesn’t work, I will have them call customer service with me or the Ford rep.

Not trying to be a pain in the butt here, but like you said, the 2022 was supposed to come with it, and we were never offered that truck, since it only went to fleets. Also I ask customer service multiple times and they said yes. Oh and when I place my order, the website said it comes with it (see attached pic).

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) C0DAD8CD-2BCD-4788-9846-75B656C0CB5F
Sponsored