• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Congrats! Though I am extremely jealous. So much for my hope ours were on the same delivery vehicle. I really hope someone can tell me where my truck is soon!
Sponsored

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Congrats! Though I am extremely jealous. So much for my hope ours were on the same delivery vehicle. I really hope someone can tell me where my truck is soon!
Me too!
I got desperate and did a Chat with Ford this am. They said it June 18 is the date that "shipping" should be completed.. I said so thats the estimated delivery date then? He said no, and repeated it was the date shipping is expected to be completed...and it could still change.
Oh well, trying to be patient.
Congrats to all who have received yours, love the Avalanche colour!

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
All current build weeks are getting this pattern letter, including 1/30/2023!!!!!
I got that same email back in mid May as well. Ford site still shows still shows in production as of week of April 24 and no progress since. When I plug in the order number to get the window sticker, I get an invalid order number error message even though I have cut and pasted it from the Ford site.

I wonder when/if the truck will ever get built and shipped to the dealer so that they can sell it to someone off the street. I had reserved it in case my early build 22 went sideways and so far she is behaving herself - so no need to replace (and keeping fingers crossed).

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am not sure why some builds get stuck in limbo while others are smooth sailing. I don't think the difference between trims are that substantial. Every Ford rep I speak with repeatedly tells me that my truck is not waiting on parts or showing any other delays besides the obvious delay of missing the original delivery ETA. I am assuming the status stays "In Production" until a carrier accepts it for shipping and only then does it move to "Built". Makes me wonder if there is an issue with my dealer and Ford...

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I am assuming the status stays "In Production" until a carrier accepts it for shipping and only then does it move to "Built". Makes me wonder if there is an issue with my dealer and Ford...
Nope, I have many examples of "BUILT" trucks stuck waiting for scheduling of a train car out of the Rouge, front line C/S folks are limited in what they can say.

Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I plug in the order number to get the window sticker, I get an invalid order number error message even though I have cut and pasted it from the Ford site.
I had the same issue. Finally figured out that it seems to be a Chrome browser issue. Tried using Edge and it worked fine.

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Nope, I have many examples of "BUILT" trucks stuck waiting for scheduling of a train car out of the Rouge, front line C/S folks are limited in what they can say.
I do think that is the case in regard to the C/S folks. Not their fault and I try to remain understanding in that regard when I speak with them.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I had the same issue. Finally figured out that it seems to be a Chrome browser issue. Tried using Edge and it worked fine.
I also discovered several issues with Chrome and the Ford site. someone on another thread mentioned doing a "chat" with CS . there is no button anywhere on the ford site IF your using Chrome. But it works with Edge.

Sponsored

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro (Avalanche)
Now that I've had the full weekend with the truck (and have some time off the road) I can give some initial impressions.

tl;dr - The truck is everything I expected and more. The Pro doesn't leave me lacking much. SR doesn't seem like it's going to be much of an issue for me. This truck is massive.

So the truck is absolutely amazing. The acceleration, even w/the SR battery, is just exhilarating. I'm coming from a tuned Subaru STi with a nice kick of boost, and this is in another class completely. The suspension is a little pillowy, but I think it strikes a pretty good balance. The avalanche color is gorgeous IMO, although I may be a little bias. The complexity in different shades of light, and the blue in the lightning logo just pops off the side so nicely.

The Pro delivers on almost everything I want. I don't mind the seats, we had a hot day and the vinyl wasn't overly sticky or anything. They're comfortable and should also fair well with 2 kids and 2 good sized dogs. I actually like the front end without the light bar - it looks pretty aggressive and imposing. The grill contrasts the avalanche color nicely, I'm not in a rush to change anything there. Things I'm 'missing' would be a power seat, and to a lesser degree the moonroof (more of a nice to have). Heated rears would be nice to have for the kids in the winter I'm sure too, but my ass will be warm. Overall the ruggedness of the interior should suit my family needs fine.

The interior is plastic-y, but it's tastefully done IMO and doesn't look or feel cheap. Nice combination of colors, textures, and materials, makes it all seem fairly quality. I actually love the infotainment system overall, the interface to toggle between or display both of the stock Ford interface and Android auto is nice and I find various combinations useful for different purposes. Having physical buttons is huge for me, and aesthetically I like the smaller screen better, so I very much enjoy that over a massive touchscreen. Most of the UI is pretty intuitive IMO.

Charging at home is quick and seemingly ample for 95%+ of what I think I'll need using my Emporia 48amp hardwired unit. Napkin math says it will cost 1/3 the cost of our Palisade and 1/8 of my Subaru to drive, so the gas savings alone are going to be a game changer. I've set it to charge to 85% here. Range doesn't seem to be much of a concern for most of what I need. I did all the kids stuff today (a big driving day for us in general) from 85%, and came back w/125 miles on the guess-o-meter. I could easily go another 3-4 days for my needs probably without charging, but I'll generally just keep it plugged in anyhow when I've used it.

The other big thing that really sticks out to me - this truck is huge! Our 3-row Palisade is good sized. I've driven work vans and other 'big' vehicles, but this truck is just bigger in every way. I should have probably been prepared for this a bit better, but actually getting it was just eye opening. I'm actually going to have to move some cabinets in my garage so the truck can fit reasonably, for now it's a really tight squeeze on the other side of the bay. It struggles to fit in some parking spaces around here. On the other side it's incredibly roomy and I can't wait to start loading it up w/truck stuff.

Already have some things in my amazon cart - floor mats, screen protector, and side steps are a must for me ASAP. I'll grab a tailgate strut since it's cheap and will prevent the tailgate from slamming down. I'll fit a dashcam on there as well soon since those have came in handy in the past. I'm sure there will be more, but those are the immediate things that come to mind.

I'm really rooting for the rest of you that are still waiting. Keep checking with the chat when you see movement on your 'last update' date, it's pretty quick and easy. The good news is, I'm 100% sure it's worth the wait!

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
Great first time write up, I have found my past F150's could barely fit in my garages just giving enough space to squeeze by*. They need to make 'Merica Obesity Car size garages :) .

I also discovered several issues with Chrome and the Ford site. someone on another thread mentioned doing a "chat" with CS . there is no button anywhere on the ford site IF your using Chrome. But it works with Edge.
I found the issue with Chrome is when you are logged in or have a "cookie" saved from the ford.com site. If you use private browser / incognito on Chrome it works fine.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.20.55 PM

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.22.27 PM

I am finding the same update today as well. My "Blend" date was 4/29/23 and my "Built" day now shows 5/25/23; not sure what it was doing for a month. Only option I really opt'ed for was the max tow package. My original delivery date was 5/20-5/26; now pushed to estimated delivery of 6/15-6/21.

I have a 2023 Tesla Model 3 that is 5 months old that I am trying to trade-in but just assume I should start trying to sell it privately but was really hoping for a trade estimate.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Finally, something of a status update from both my dealer and via the Ford.com chat. They both report that the status shows the truck at Ramp 51 in Flat Rock MI, with a delivery date of June 3 or June 8.
I guess it won't be June 3 :rolleyes:. I won't hold my breath on the 8th.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Finally, something of a status update from both my dealer and via the Ford.com chat. They both report that the status shows the truck at Ramp 51 in Flat Rock MI, with a delivery date of June 3 or June 8.
I guess it won't be June 3 :rolleyes:. I won't hold my breath on the 8th.
Maybe it'll be parked close to mine that has been sitting there for 4+ weeks waiting to hitch a ride to Canada! Seriously tho, glad you have progress!

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wish anyone could explain to me the rhyme or reason behind why some orders sail through the process with regular updates and others get stuck in an information no mans land.

Now seeing posts from those with May blend/build dates that have moved to Built status and they can even see shipping plans and progress. Yet mine and others here struggle to understand the neverland that our trucks seem to exist in.

I know that different orders, colors, options, shipping destination and methods, etc. all factor into when a truck is completed and scheduled for shipment. But that doesn't explain why, no matter what the status, some orders enter this information limbo state, randomly showing up at the dealer with little to no notice (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Makes it very difficult to make plans and decisions, especially when thinking about financing a very expensive purchase.
Sponsored