• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/1/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW GTI / 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Status on Ford’s website still says “Shipped.” Checked with my salesman and he shows the truck sitting in Miami, Ramp 21. Guessing that’s at a railyard. Truck is only 15 miles or so from the dealer. Should be here soon.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Status on Ford’s website still says “Shipped.” Checked with my salesman and he shows the truck sitting in Miami, Ramp 21. Guessing that’s at a railyard. Truck is only 15 miles or so from the dealer. Should be here soon.
Hopefully it gets there soon. Mine is still 'in production' it seems like there was movement last week on vehicle from the days before mine so maybe this week something will happen.

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully it gets there soon. Mine is still 'in production' it seems like there was movement last week on vehicle from the days before mine so maybe this week something will happen.
It’s so weird how it works. At 374, I was only 67 trucks ahead of you. Same trim and similar options. Just don’t get how yours is still sitting there.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It’s so weird how it works. At 374, I was only 67 trucks ahead of you. Same trim and similar options. Just don’t get how yours is still sitting there.
Honestly at this point I've sort of got my fingers crossed that it takes it a few more months, it will probably be easier if it shows up after I get my house sold.

Sponsored

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My eta has been updated. One says from now to 6/15. The other days from now to 06/11. Getting excited. Hope there are no surprises ahead.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Honestly at this point I've sort of got my fingers crossed that it takes it a few more months, it will probably be easier if it shows up after I get my house sold.
I've heard of people that had their trucks built in late November having to wait 2 months for to be shipped after it was completed. My truck was built and completed three to four weeks after theirs and I received mine a week before they did. Who knows if it's certain areas that have regional shipping issues or if this trucks are just buried behind newly completed vehicles on their way to The train yards. It seems like it's pure luck sometimes.

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck made it to the dealership today. I’m going down there tomorrow to finish the deal (🤞). Interestingly, the price where you can finish your purchase shows the original, pre-October price. It lists that amount as the “Dealer Selling Price.” The window sticker is unfortunately $13k higher.

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
She’s in my driveway!!! Pictures to come later. But the short of the story, she’s a fully glitched pro order. I had to pay the sticker price, but I have all of promises in the world from the dealership that the price protection will be submitted.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
She’s in my driveway!!! Pictures to come later. But the short of the story, she’s a fully glitched pro order. I had to pay the sticker price, but I have all of promises in the world from the dealership that the price protection will be submitted.
I hate that Ford is allowing dealers to make customers cover this. I get it that there's a verification needed to ensure that the customer buying is the one who ordered, but Ford needs to be giving dealers assurance that they will get the rebate. Factory to dealer incentives in the past never required someone to cover it up front until Ford paid the dealership.

Did the dealer confirm that the amount is $13k? I am in the same situation but my truck is stuck in production. I don't know if I can swing $13k more even if it is for just a couple months.
Then if you want to adjust your payments, you'll have to refinance.

Sponsored

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
Congrats! Mine is still stuck “in production “. I also don’t know why the PRO orders have to pay current msrp. The current msrp is for fleet orders. Ford only sold PRO to retail customers for 2 prices. The original 39,974 and then $46,974 then they were sold out.

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hate that Ford is allowing dealers to make customers cover this. I get it that there's a verification needed to ensure that the customer buying is the one who ordered, but Ford needs to be giving dealers assurance that they will get the rebate. Factory to dealer incentives in the past never required someone to cover it up front until Ford paid the dealership.

Did the dealer confirm that the amount is $13k? I am in the same situation but my truck is stuck in production. I don't know if I can swing $13k more even if it is for just a couple months.
Then if you want to adjust your payments, you'll have to refinance.
I’m in complete agreement…why should the little guy float the costs? Why does it take Ford so long to verify the purchase? Why can’t it revert to the original price at the point of sale?

It’s hard to negotiate from a position of power when they got you against the wall. The dealer has no incentive to sell you your order.

Paying the extra 13 up front is a bitter pill To swallow. But for me, this deal makes sense. I’m in need of a new truck. I really can’t put it off any longer. And I have some debt that’s at a much higher interest rate than my loan from my credit union. The reimbursement is going to tha

I hope it works out for you cause it is an awesome truck. Also, I glitched my order order at the same time as you, so I’ve been following your story closely. For a long time, I didn’t think it was going to work. Even now, I’m still not out of the woods.

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/1/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1FC8BE84-B4D2-4AE9-9FF6-0A1EE4720820

She’s a bit dirty, but gorgeous. Biggest surprise was that the CHMSL camera was included. I was under the impression it wasn’t going to be there. Only deleted item was the customary onboard scales. Next is getting her clean.

Reservation: 05/19/21
Invite: 09/07/22
Ordered: 10/01/22
Blend: 05/03/23
Delivered:

StrikesTwice

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, my warm fuzzy feelings are fading thanks to the dealership. Now I’m being told by the sales manager that the dealer is not involved in the price protection. There is nothing for them to do or submit. If price protection applies, it’s automatically done by Ford. Does this sound accurate to anyone?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Well, my warm fuzzy feelings are fading thanks to the dealership. Now I’m being told by the sales manager that the dealer is not involved in the price protection. There is nothing for them to do or submit. If price protection applies, it’s automatically done by Ford. Does this sound accurate to anyone?
Some dealers are lazy and don't want to do a complete job with crediting the sales document with ~anticipated~ private offers and price-protection credits, lesson learned, if/when you make a subsequent purchase from these dealers.
Sponsored