• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
I got an email from Ford with my VIN number! I checked my order but do not see it there yet. Kind of wrapped up with work trip, so I have not looked up the cheat codes for the web page.

@FordBookends what did you do to get your FCSP delivered? I want to get mine so I can schedule an install of that along with a Generac transfer switch.

Getting excited that my turn is coming up.
@LightingFast , I called the SunRun number on the Ford webpage after I got my VIN. They tried to look me up through the order number but that did not work, but the VIN did, and they could verify my order. I did have them come out and do the site survey, and had them survey for the HIS too. My install is about as easy as it gets, the FCSP will be on a wall nearly directly behind my main breaker panel and solar inverter, so their quote was reasonable and decided to avoid 3rd party hassles by going with them. I signed some online paperwork and it triggered a ship notification within a few days. I am expecting them to install in a few weeks, still haven't followed up with my "account coordinator" on that yet. I bet she pings me by Friday, she has been pretty good.
Sponsored

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
Exciting, everyone!!!

I also got my window sticker today!! And I called the dealer to let them know, and asked if they could start looking into how the pricing thing is going to work. Would much rather have it come off at the front so I don't have to pay more taxes. They did let me know when I placed the order that the original $7,000 discount was a rebate, so I would have to pay taxes on that.

Last edited:

LightingFast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT, BMW M3
What is you blend day?
Look at your window sticker at this link, after it fails, add your vIN to the right of the = sign and retransmit. It could actually be the start of the build week on 5/22.

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1683864138490

Looks like 05/24.

Thanks for the pointer, I had forgotten what the magic link was. So I *do* have a sticker, it just is not on my order page yet. Very cool!

What is the average time these days from blend to finished production?

I will pester my dealer as soon as I return from my travels. I want to get my FCSP delivered and installed.

Thanks!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

JTPDX

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum Azure Grey
Hey hey, my dealer just posted up my VIN with all its stock photo likenesses. Kinda fun. Like seeing an ultrasound before your baby is due. Meanwhile I’m eagerly looking ahead to my trucks actual birthday next Thursday. Tick tock… almost go time.

Sponsored

LightingFast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT, BMW M3
Hey hey, my dealer just posted up my VIN with all its stock photo likenesses. Kinda fun. Like seeing an ultrasound before your baby is due. Meanwhile I’m eagerly looking ahead to my trucks actual birthday next Thursday. Tick tock… almost go time.
Dumb question, how do you know what your dealer posted and where?

Thanks!

JTPDX

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry, should have mentioned, it’s up on their regular inventory search on their website. Makes it look like they have dealer stock even though it’s noted as “not in stock, in transit”….and in fact not even built yet. It’s one reason why people on the forum sometimes get the impression that there are so many Lightnings for sale, when actually dealers are just hyping the special orders as inventory.

I’ve been watching the practice for awhile with my dealer, which has allowed me to visit and see some of the different trims and colors at the lot as they move through to their owners. I mean, we’ve had 2 years to wait… ! Gotta do something to pass the time!

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package

LightingFast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT, BMW M3

JTPDX

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great to hear from the 5/22 club. I’m up tomorrow, so hope I catch this wave too! Then, yes, wait… yet a little further down this long road!

Sponsored

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
Great!

I get the same thing, except no tear tag on mine yet. Last 2 days saw the BCE modules list go from nothing to many pages long.

Keeping up hope for good progress!
I see I now have BCE modules populating too, right on time!

LightingFast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT, BMW M3
Well...still holding. I think it got mostly built as the modules page updated with a tear tag value. The dealership says that it has not been released yet, so that have a soft target date of June 18. My order page still shows as in production.

I do have the spray in bed liner option so maybe it is in the mod shop path. Maybe I am stuck somewhere in inspections. I just dunno. No wiggles at all since Wednesday 24th, which was my blend date. Maybe Ford union workers are all on a 1 week holiday for Memorial day. Heehee.

Anyone on this build week thread seen theirs move to ship status yet?

JTPDX

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same status as you, with a blend date of 5/25, but in production 5/24.... Based on the positive action seen in the 5/15/23 group, and I'm presuming Ford's desire to ship every single truck they can to recognize Q2 Revenue growth by the end of June with the shutdown/expansion approaching, we should see some movement in the coming days this week. Tick tick tick tick tick.....

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Anyone on this build week thread seen theirs move to ship status yet?
I'm tracking six VIN's for this B/W, none have reached "BUILT" status nevermind "SHIPPED", but by the end of this week I think you all will see progress unless there is a part delay on these trucks.