• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package

LightingFast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT, BMW M3
+1 for me as well. At least they managed to email the correct group of people it would seem.

Anyone have a guess as to what is happening? @TaxmanHog you always seem to know what is up. :)

I know I have my tear tag number and from this some or all of the rest of us do as well. How do they get to a tear tag but cannot finish? I am not familiar enough with the production process.

Thanks and sigh.... I sold my old 2003 F-150 this past weekend, now I do not have a truck. That was my choice and no one to blame but I thought with the tear tag and projected date of June 18 at dealership I would be ok.

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
+1 for me as well. At least they managed to email the correct group of people it would seem.

Anyone have a guess as to what is happening? @TaxmanHog you always seem to know what is up. :)

I know I have my tear tag number and from this some or all of the rest of us do as well. How do they get to a tear tag but cannot finish? I am not familiar enough with the production process.

Thanks and sigh.... I sold my old 2003 F-150 this past weekend, now I do not have a truck. That was my choice and no one to blame but I thought with the tear tag and projected date of June 18 at dealership I would be ok.
I got the same canned email. I don’t expect to see build complete until this weekend, but also have to go through the spray in bed liner process so don’t know if there is an as built state that would show that.

LightingFast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT, BMW M3
I got the same canned email. I don’t expect to see build complete until this weekend, but also have to go through the spray in bed liner process so don’t know if there is an as built state that would show that.
@FordBookends what is your sequence number?
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1685627648312

Looks like I am 359/461 with the bed liner. You may have additional options not sure, but this pushed our group out to the mod shop. Curious if you are earlier in line and how how respective timings end up sequencing.

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
@FordBookends what is your sequence number?
1685627648312.png

Looks like I am 359/461 with the bed liner. You may have additional options not sure, but this pushed our group out to the mod shop. Curious if you are earlier in line and how how respective timings end up sequencing.
I am #336 of 461... WE are clustered pretty close to each other!
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1685630758137

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
I just got the same email on my Lariat order which had blend of 26 May. I have spray in bed liner (398 of 461). Hopefully it won’t be too long of a delay.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

The digital systems are all programmed and the tear tag indicates the coding is archived for technician use through the life of the vehicle.

There are many non-digital facets of the build that could be delinquent and the truck is not marked built in the production system until those parts are installed, could be days, weeks or months before that happens, hopefully it won't be long, the norm is 10-14 days after tear tag you would see built status date. YMMV

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@Ragnar your truck was marked built on 6/3!
The rest of this build week should see progress soon (I'm tracking 5 others which are all still in production stage)

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1685897950665

Ragnar

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 GMC Sierra, 2011 Ford Shelby Mustang
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Taxman, Glad to know someone was watching this for me. It has been a long wait, so I am verry happy to know my Lightning is finally reaching the conclusion of this process. I am sure the delays to the 5/22 week build group were most probably due to parts shortages on the production line, so I am sure all the others who also got delayed won't be far behind. Best of Luck with your order.

Sponsored

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning on order
I also received the email about the delay. But my biggest concern is that my sticker shows an MSRP increase of $2,500 over my order price which now puts my MSRP over $80k which put my tax credit in doubt. Maybe this has been covered in a thread somewhere else, but does anyone have any insights on this?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I also received the email about the delay. But my biggest concern is that my sticker shows an MSRP increase of $2,500 over my order price which now puts my MSRP over $80k which put my tax credit in doubt. Maybe this has been covered in a thread somewhere else, but does anyone have any insights on this?
This is an example of a truck that meets the standard, note that D&D is excluded from the qualifying value.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1685912499206

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, that's the way I understood it when I ordered. Base MSRP + Options = Total MSRP for tax credit calculation purposes. My original order is below. The Base MSRP at the time was $74,474. I added $3,140 in options for a total of $77,614. I pulled up my sticker last week and it showed Base MSRP of $76,974 which is $2,500 more than my original order.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works, it appears that I'm now at $80,114 MSRP which puts me $114 over the limit! I would post my sticker, but I didn't save it and now it doesn't pull up at all. So something weird is going on.

I called my dealer who said they'd look into it and get back with me in 10 minutes. Of course, you can guess what happened....crickets.

So now not only is my order delayed but apparently the new price is going to disqualify me for the tax credit. If that's the case, then I'm out. I'll wait and see what happens with the Chevy Silverado which I have a reservation for. :(

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 6.15.42 PM

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes, that's the way I understood it when I ordered. Base MSRP + Options = Total MSRP for tax credit calculation purposes. My original order is below. The Base MSRP at the time was $74,474. I added $3,140 in options for a total of $77,614. I pulled up my sticker last week and it showed Base MSRP of $76,974 which is $2,500 more than my original order.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works, it appears that I'm now at $80,114 MSRP which puts me $114 over the limit! I would post my sticker, but I didn't save it and now it doesn't pull up at all. So something weird is going on.

I called my dealer who said they'd look into it and get back with me in 10 minutes. Of course, you can guess what happened....crickets.

So now not only is my order delayed but apparently the new price is going to disqualify me for the tax credit. If that's the case, then I'm out. I'll wait and see what happens with the Chevy Silverado which I have a reservation for. :(

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 6.15.42 PM.png
Try this direct link to the sticker database, it will fail, but paste your VIN to the right of the = sign in the URL after the failure screen appears then retransmit, it should pull your sticker.

Sticker

Also based on your snap shot of the WEB order screen, assuming the dealer and factory accepted the order based on these values, you have "Price Protection" for this amount.

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here's my order and the sticker showing the price increase. Assuming that I have "price protection", do you know what the IRS will require for proof? The screen shot of my order would be the only thing I have. I'd hate to buy it and then have a problem with the IRS over the tax credit due to a technicality.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 6.15.42 PM

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 7.58.21 AM
Sponsored