• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/23 Lightning Build Week Group

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Cape Breton Lightning

Sorry everyone...but like I posted earlier today mine is going to
🇨🇦 🍁...will have the distinction of...
being the lonely last one out the door !!!

But again glad to see the rest of our week on the move !!!
There are still eight of us from this week without a build date (one of those has not been seen for nearly a month, so maybe seven)
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Dang, this is depressing. My truck is the only MA truck that's passed its blend date, except @Nate977p, that doesn’t have a built status. Not sure if Nate has been around to update whether he’s got a built status but i feel like i’m going to be missing the train to New England with the other Built trucks from this week.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'll likely post it in another thread, but must share with my buddies from 5/23. I live in the North part of Dallas. I went out to dinner tonight and damn - sitting right there. Made me 100% giddy. First one in the wild less than a mile from my house.

I know - it isn't even mine, or my color, but to get to see it in the wild. Definitely made my waiting game a little harder.

The VIN on this truck is only 110 off from mine.

Any chance the owner is on the forum?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/23 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_1492
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/23 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_1494

emmelj

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Tesla M3
I'll likely post it in another thread, but must share with my buddies from 5/23. I live in the North part of Dallas. I went out to dinner tonight and damn - sitting right there. Made me 100% giddy. First one in the wild less than a mile from my house.

I know - it isn't even mine, or my color, but to get to see it in the wild. Definitely made my waiting game a little harder.

The VIN on this truck is only 110 off from mine.

Any chance the owner is on the forum?

IMG_1492.jpeg
IMG_1494.jpeg
Grapevine ford has their demo in, that is just like that one. Maybe the GM is driving it around!

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
As an update... I did finally get someone to talk to me at Sunrun today. They are planning to provide me with a delivery status to my email address "within a few minutes". We'll see.

I do plan to install it myself and also set it up with a manual transfer switch and use the truck as a "generator" from the 220v outlet if it is ever necessary. (My power rarely goes out: 2 times over the past 12 years.) However, I am curious to get a quote for them to install the home backup system. Just curious, doubt I'll spend what they want for it.
I’ve read a bit about concerns with the bonded neutral provided on the Lightning’s 240V supply and concerns with tipping breakers, especially GFIC circuits. I have an existing critical load sub panel with a 60A manual transfer breaker and in-feed circuit via an exterior mount NEMA 14-50 twist lock connector.

Did you research/planning consider this as an issue?…still need to have this conversation with my electrician installing my FCSP…….

Sponsored

cag

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion
Occupation
Police Dispatcher
Last edited:

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Jyep
@Firestop There is a thread that discusses that exact topic. And last time i checked it was dozens of pages long. I'd go try and find it if i were you. No disrespect! Its just not a simple answer.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/installed-transfer-switch-in-house.1267/
Yep, there are so many threads on this general topic I’m having trouble finding great information that has been posted as its getting lost in the jungle of threads. Another new one just started….

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...d-home-integration-system-self-install.11022/

emmelj

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Tesla M3
Grapevine ford has their demo in, that is just like that one. Maybe the GM is driving it around!
Grapevine Ford no longer has their demo.......HMMM

• Wow

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
So looks like someone drove the truck around for about 3.1 miles and then brought it back to the same place . Probably a burger run... Not getting my hopes up... But the TPMS sensors now show real data
Can you post a screenshot of which lot? If you want to private message that’s ok.
They put 3 trips totaling 5 miles on Wednesday.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See now we know what they are doing with our trucks... Some are for logging... And others are for driving to get food... So they got their bases covered...
These guys must be hungry. I’ve got 91 miles, but it appears they go weeks between vehicles - so they switch it up so they don’t get found out. LOL 😂

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Grapevine Ford no longer has their demo.......HMMM
I googled the VIN last night and it seems to have been connected to 5 Star Ford on 190 which is just about 3 miles from me and 5 miles from where I saw the truck. The window sticker is no longer available for that truck however, so I couldn't confirm custom order or not, but likely it was.

smax64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09 F250 FX4
Occupation
Firefighter
Can you post a screenshot of which lot? If you want to private message that’s ok.
They put 3 trips totaling 5 miles on Wednesday.
here you go... It's been sitting there for 3 days now... And probably will be there all next week... Until they mark it as lost... FML...

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/23 Lightning Build Week Group Screenshot_20220702-101006

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
The last few times I’ve checked my truck it hasn’t moved since Wednesday, but occasionally it reports that it is “plugged in not charging”.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/23 Lightning Build Week Group 960A4447-8DAF-4ACC-82BB-F95F615074FE

Last edited by a moderator:

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The last few times I’ve checked my truck it hasn’t moved since Wednesday, but occasionally it reports that it is “plugged in not charging”.
960A4447-8DAF-4ACC-82BB-F95F615074FE.png
From our zip code we might be in the same lot. Don’t know if ya know - but if ya hit the underlined zip code near top - it will show you on map. interestingly was just up the road which is next zip code over. I sometimes see the plugged in not charging message.

little jealous of your low mileage. LOL 😂
Sponsored