• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Headed to Table Rock for labor day! Just have to convince my wife to attempt a road trip in an SR
We'll be driving to the Lake of the Ozarks over Labor Day weekend. Still haven't figured out if I want to try this for the first road trip in my SR. It will take at least one stop in Springfield for a re-charge and then figuring out how to wire up some 240 at the lake.
Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
We'll be driving to the Lake of the Ozarks over Labor Day weekend. Still haven't figured out if I want to try this for the first road trip in my SR. It will take at least one stop in Springfield for a re-charge and then figuring out how to wire up some 240 at the lake.
Looks like Dierbergs in Osage Beach has an Ameren DC charging station, go charge while you get groceries. Let me know what you figure out cause I'm going to Camdenton area for deer season and I'll need a plan...

I probably won't really try it until they get a DC fast charger in Rolla. Right now, I'd have to stop in Sullivan and then again at the EA station in Lebanon. If I could charge over dinner in Rolla I'd make it down on one fast charge. Cabins we stay in all have J plug 32 amp charge stations.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The EA charger in Lebanon doesn’t have good comments.
The sister in law is over by Greenview so hopefully I find something on that side of the lake.
I’m glad I installed a 48 amp charge point at home. I was testing the mobile charger yesterday and it is slow by comparison. The 48 amp charger delivers over 11 KWh all the way through 90%. It’s 50% faster than the mobile charger plugged into 240.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
The EA charger in Lebanon doesn’t have good comments.
The sister in law is over by Greenview so hopefully I find something on that side of the lake.
I’m glad I installed a 48 amp charge point at home. I was testing the mobile charger yesterday and it is slow by comparison. The 48 amp charger delivers over 11 KWh all the way through 90%. It’s 50% faster than the mobile charger plugged into 240.
I've never had trouble with Lebanon and folks were there with their ID.4 about a week ago with no issues. It was actually their first DCFC experience (and second day of ownership) going from Springfield to Ft. Leonard Wood and back. All of the EA chargers in Missouri have had some pretty bad comments over the last couple of months, especially Sullivan. Kum & Go in Springfield is nice, but I don't think you can get full 125kw on 400v vehicle--at least I haven't. It's also expensive. If you have time to kill the VW dealer is free and you can kick the tire on a Taycan... :D

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DELIVERED!!

Only now I have to wait about a week for detailing and repairs… so close! Sure do hope it wasn’t the raccoons at the rail yard this time 😆
Repairs? Any details?

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Repairs? Any details?
Not yet. Hoping it’s a blanket statement, but our ID.4 and the one my folks just bought were turned around the day after arrival. I don’t think we’ve ever had a delivery take more than a day or two to turn around.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Mhmm. Pickup is scheduled for tomorrow. They still installed the “security alarm” but will disable it and not charge for it…. 🙄

I also had to decline the:
$5995 service plan
$4995 maintenance plan
$1295 perma plate coating

Which brought my XLT SR cost up to $77k …
Do folks actually fall for this nonsense ?

Fingers crossed for no more surprises tomorrow.
Jesus! I thought my dealer wanting $2300 for 5 year/75k plan was overkill at triple the price of granger. Your dealer is asking for almost 7x their cost. Sick.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
If your truck was sitting around Dearborn for a couple of months before you get it, make sure your dealer does a thorough examination of the paint during PDI.

My dealer called me this afternoon letting me know they were going to need extra time detailing my truck. When it arrived the exterior was filthy and nobody caught that there were calcified spots in the paint. It was just the keen eye of the detailer who noticed the paint wasn't as good as it should be. Apparently they are giving it a vinegar bath to remove the spots.

I'm guessing that at some point during the two months my truck set in Dearborn parking lots something happened that caused the spots. My salesperson described it as "acid rain" but I don't know if that is a accurate assessment.

My dealer has been in contact with Ford several times today getting this dealt with between Ford and the dealer.

I didn't see the spots and I may not have ever noticed them.

Edit: The spots still need to get straightened up. Not sure if it is something like a clay bar or buffing to get them out. Between the detail shop and the body shop they are going figure out what to do. I haven't tried anything myself. Looks like
1660618784874.png
I just noticed similar dots on my hood (black). Though they are much more spaced out. Was the dealer able to correct ?

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just noticed similar dots on my hood (black). Though they are much more spaced out. Was the dealer able to correct ?
I haven’t taken it over to the body shop yet. I’ve been enjoying it too much. I noticed on the roof it was much worse. I think everyone in the new car prep shop is too short and just hopes that nobody will pay attention to the roof.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1661092582529

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1661092614009

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
My Ford Pass was accepted, so now I get to watch it sitting at the ramp 15 minutes from my house. :LOL: Somewhat ironically, it's sitting in the parking lot of the GM Manufacturing facility since that's NS's rail depot for auto intermodal out here.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My Ford Pass was accepted, so now I get to watch it sitting at the ramp 15 minutes from my house. :LOL: Somewhat ironically, it's sitting in the parking lot of the GM Manufacturing facility since that's NS's rail depot for auto intermodal out here.
At least you know exactly where it is in the parking lot. If it’s there more than a week you may be eligible for a conjugal visit.

If you turn on Secure Alert you’ll find out when a door gets opened and hopefully loaded onto a truck.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Mine was supposed to be here today but got another 15 day delay. I am starting to lose hope. I am still connected to the vehicle through Ford pass but someone disabled the location share about 12 days ago so i cannot see where it is. No movements on the last 12 days though. I do have the securialert active so i know whenever the door is opened. Lost all the excitement and now have anxiety to get it delivered before end of Q3 fearing Ford would have sold over 200k vehicles and I will lose half of the tax rebate. I still cannot comprehend why ford is this incompetent when it comes to shipping.
Sponsored