• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
it did, the convoy was just taking it from one ramp to another. I wound up on a Norfolk Southern car
Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Ford Chat kept saying it will take it directly to the dealer

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Sunday 9/4 reports, no changes.
@TaxmanHog Have you continued to keep track of the number of Lightnings in each of the build weeks and doing your projection on the total number of 2022's being built?

I was just looking at the 9/19 thread and they only have 391 Lightings for the week. Is Ford going to build 15,000 of the 2022 models? I'm being lazy and didn't want to go through each week's thread,

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog Have you continued to keep track of the number of Lightnings in each of the build weeks and doing your projection on the total number of 2022's being built?

I was just looking at the 9/19 thread and they only have 391 Lightings for the week. Is Ford going to build 15,000 of the 2022 models? I'm being lazy and didn't want to go through each week's thread,
9/19 build week numbers were weird, I think I mentioned that over there, the day after spray in volume was higher than the initial batch of stickers, so I had to alter the projected total volume formula to account for this, inconsistency like this makes me suspicious of the entire scheme of determining how many trucks will be built, other than tracking highest VIN to date which is G14611

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1663340434640

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
9/19 build week numbers were weird, I think I mentioned that over there, the day after spray in volume was higher than the initial batch of stickers, so I had to alter the projected total volume formula to account for this, inconsistency like this makes me suspicious of the entire scheme of determining how many trucks will be built, other than tracking highest VIN to date which is G14611

1663340434640.png
Thanks for keeping up with this.

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

1663340434640.png
Thanks for sharing. Great data.

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
it did, the convoy was just taking it from one ramp to another. I wound up on a Norfolk Southern car
Do you mind telling me the route it took and how many days?

They put me in NS as well and looks like I am currently in Holt MO

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Unfortunately my vehicle still didn't ship yet and I have no idea why. I see vehicles that are built 2-3 days ago being ship and my built day was 6/30. My dealer keeps telling me they are looking into it but not giving me any solid information to why this might be happening. Ford support keeps telling me to contact the dealer. At this point is there any other number or person I can contact to figure out whats actually going on? Am I just unlucky or something else is going on is what I am trying to figure out. It was pulled back to the factory for some reason end of Aug and I suspect they replaced the 12v battery but it was re-released Aug 6th for shipping. It is hard to believe they are struggling to ship only mine after 2 months but not having issues shipping vehicles built 9/23. My delivery window keeps moving but its useless since it is not even shipped yet. The latest one shows delivery between 9/23-9/29 which is not possible since its 3 days away and from what I understand they first use rail to ship to VA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unfortunately my vehicle still didn't ship yet and I have no idea why. I see vehicles that are built 2-3 days ago being ship and my built day was 6/30. My dealer keeps telling me they are looking into it but not giving me any solid information to why this might be happening. Ford support keeps telling me to contact the dealer. At this point is there any other number or person I can contact to figure out whats actually going on? Am I just unlucky or something else is going on is what I am trying to figure out. It was pulled back to the factory for some reason end of Aug and I suspect they replaced the 12v battery but it was re-released Aug 6th for shipping. It is hard to believe they are struggling to ship only mine after 2 months but not having issues shipping vehicles built 9/23. My delivery window keeps moving but its useless since it is not even shipped yet. The latest one shows delivery between 9/23-9/29 which is not possible since its 3 days away and from what I understand they first use rail to ship to VA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I did look through your earlier posts and hate to see that you are still waiting. It took mine about 10 weeks to arrive but you are coming up on 16 or 17 weeks.

A couple of questions for my curiosity. Is your Ford Pass App still active? I saw where you posted that it had been activated it and you were able to keep track of the location. Can you still see the location? Was it info in the Ford pass app that indicated the 12V battery was replaced? It seems odd that they would take it back to the factory for something as simple as a 12v battery replacement

Has the dealer contacted their Ford Rep? Certainly the Ford rep could track this down and give an answer.

It does seem that sometimes (mostly what I've seen on the Bronco forum) that a vehicle gets some damage and Ford does not seem to be very forthcoming with the bad news. But yours with a status of "released for shipping" would seem to be promising.

Edit: If you are on twitter, you may try to contact Mike Levine @mrlevine He is Ford's PR guy but may be able to help you figure out what it going on.

Good luck, we're cheering for you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did look through your earlier posts and hate to see that you are still waiting. It took mine about 10 weeks to arrive but you are coming up on 16 or 17 weeks.

A couple of questions for my curiosity. Is your Ford Pass App still active? I saw where you posted that it had been activated it and you were able to keep track of the location. Can you still see the location? Was it info in the Ford pass app that indicated the 12V battery was replaced? It seems odd that they would take it back to the factory for something as simple as a 12v battery replacement

Has the dealer contacted their Ford Rep? Certainly the Ford rep could track this down and give an answer.

It does seem that sometimes (mostly what I've seen on the Bronco forum) that a vehicle gets some damage and Ford does not seem to be very forthcoming with the bad news. But yours with a status of "released for shipping" would seem to be promising.

Edit: If you are on twitter, you may try to contact Mike Levine @mrlevine He is Ford's PR guy but may be able to help you figure out what it going on.

Good luck, we're cheering for you.
Thank you for the Twitter information. I will check that out. I still have access to Ford pass app but when they took the vehicle back to factory someone disabled the location services. So i can see everything but the location. I still have security alert active so i know for a fact they didn't even open the doors since August 6th. They parked it and left it there with the status re-relased and ready for shipping. I talked to the GM today but he didn't have any additional information. I don't think I will have it for another month or so at least and have no idea what the deal is.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ugh, my estimate changed again

Estimated Delivery 10/7/2022 - 10/13/2022

I give up. I don't think they will ever send this truck to me. I wonder if anyone had their order canceled by Ford. They are holding my order hostage.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Ugh, my estimate changed again

Estimated Delivery 10/7/2022 - 10/13/2022

I give up. I don't think they will ever send this truck to me. I wonder if anyone had their Ford order canceled by Ford. They are holding my order hostage.
You think that's bad, one of the special orders on Auto-trader list that I have been tracking all summer [build week 5/9] is now at 98+ days in transit, with a revised ETA of 11/4/22 posted this morning!!

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You think that's bad, one of the special orders on Auto-trader list that I have been tracking all summer [build week 5/9] is now at 98+ days in transit, with a revised ETA of 11/4/22 posted this morning!!
That scares me even more. I am expecting mine is not going to be delivered this year somehow. I hope I am wrong.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
The mannequin we were going to purchase from a dealer for testing has been in ship status since June. We found out that it is on a chip hold and the 6-month clock has not started!
Sponsored