• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 6/6 Lightning Build Week Group

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
So is there a rough estimate of start of build to delivery yet? I've never really done a car preorder before so not sure what's normal assuming no parts delays. 6 weeks? 8?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I've got to bone up on how to watch the live production video. I hate to sound skeptical, but is it true there's a way to do this?

Sponsored

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
I've got to bone up on how to watch the live production video. I hate to sound skeptical, but is it true there's a way to do this?
Oh that would be neat - where'd you hear about that?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So is there a rough estimate of start of build to delivery yet? I've never really done a car preorder before so not sure what's normal assuming no parts delays. 6 weeks? 8?
8 weeks is a good estimate. About 1 month to build it, 1 month for shipping. 6 weeks might be possible if you are lucky, 10 to 12 weeks if there are issues.

Based on my personal experience with the Mach-e, as well as general trends for it. You might save some time in shipping since it is coming from the US vs. Mexico, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
This is where I belong. I don't know what to expect from delivery. My ICE F150 sat after production but I'm hoping this rolls quicker.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Anyone in this group get a notification on the build date or did you all just check the ford web page?

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
Anyone in this group get a notification on the build date or did you all just check the ford web page?
No notification - I had been checking daily.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I've been checking twice-weekly because I heard that Ford stopped sending out e-mails, and that the target production week on some of their other models hadn't been proven accurate.
Sponsored