• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Here’s where I’m at on mods for those still watching this thread.

20” wheels from an STX
Running boards from a Tremor
30% tint on front windows

I’m really pleased with the improvement the wheels made. I want to get paint-to-match door handles and mirror caps. I’m contemplating painting the grille body color. Then I’ll likely be done.
AD3F9F80-2B7D-4CEE-8E59-633FCD426FB4.jpeg
EBECA4D1-8539-499D-B0F5-25EC9D6E81CF.jpeg
Looks sharp! If you paint the grille and mirrors will you do the bumpers too or keep them black?
Sponsored

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
Looks sharp! If you paint the grille and mirrors will you do the bumpers too or keep them black?
I would likely keep them black. My pseudo goal is to get rid of or paint all the cheap looking unpainted matte black plastic pieces. The bumpers are a smooth painted black versus the unpainted textured matte black plastic of the grille, mirror caps, and handles. The mirror caps and handles would get replaced by the paintable smooth surface plastic ones. The grille would still be textured but would be at least be painted.

Now this could all change if people start selling their Lariat and Platinum grilles and light bars!

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
You’ll need to grab seats from a Raptor as well
I think they have red accents or piping. I almost bought a gently used Raptor steering wheel a couple months ago but couldn’t because of the red stitching and the red band at the 12 o’clock position.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I think they have red accents or piping. I almost bought a gently used Raptor steering wheel a couple months ago but couldn’t because of the red stitching and the red band at the 12 o’clock position.
But...you need 1 piece from each model!

Sponsored

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
He @chrislittle deserves a hotshot transport for having had to wait so long.
I would agree with that.

On a different note, I just signed a 6 month lease of my F-150L Pro with the option to renew for an additional 6 months. It's a little less income than Turo and I lose usage, but it's consistent income and a little peace of mind from someone joyriding or beating it up.

So as of now, I am officially w/o a Lightning. It's quite sad. I needed to take a trip to the dump today to get rid of some furniture...the R1T does NOT cut it.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Through Turo? Or you put a sign out in your yard?
Someone I know who is waiting for their own F-150L invite to order. I’m hoping they like my Pro enough that they keep the truck and let me order from scratch.

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Hybrid , 21 Harley Road Glide
Occupation
Ford Commercial Sales Manager
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group D8658EAF-6B67-4B09-AFBC-DC401EE5E343

McQueen you were a great truck, I truly enjoyed the 3,000 miles I was able to put on you during these last 35 days. But your lack of range and horrible charging network outweigh how you drive. Maybe one day me and a future cousin of yours will reunite, but for the time being I wish you great luck on your next owner.

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
D8658EAF-6B67-4B09-AFBC-DC401EE5E343.jpeg

McQueen you were a great truck, I truly enjoyed the 3,000 miles I was able to put on you during these last 35 days. But your lack of range and horrible charging network outweigh how you drive. Maybe one day me and a future cousin of yours will reunite, but for the time being I wish you great luck on your next owner.
You find a suitable replacement yet?
Sponsored