• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
I gave mine when I got my email….the first time.
Then my “Shipped” is 8/3/2022.

I asked my dealer if she had any logistics details and she didn’t have any more than I had already. I assume I’m still in New Boston as I’ve not done a chat since the first chat last Thursday.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

I asked my dealer if she had any logistics details and she didn’t have any more than I had already. I assume I’m still in New Boston as I’ve not done a chat since the first chat last Thursday.
Dont assume. Mine left New Boston last Saturday at 4:30am. You could be missing a whole bunch of tracking fun.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Where is the “Shipped” date coming from since the order tracker doesn’t give one? When we receive the “Your Vehicle Is On Its Way” email?
I'm not sure. We all know by chat or getting vvr from dealer. I think he scours the threads for that date

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Does anyone have insight into when United Road schedules their pickups? Should I not bother checking for the rest of the day?

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager

I'm sorry I thought you were already tracking..

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Does anyone have insight into when United Road schedules their pickups? Should I not bother checking for the rest of the day?
I think it depends on the dealers they are serving. We do not accept Sunday deliveries. Some may.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Is it more dependent on the shipping company? Or more on the dealer as to when it schedules?
I was having this discussion earlier this week at work.
Let's say we have 7 or 8 units at the yard. Rarely will they ever come on one truck. The drivers get paid per car and also get additional pay per drop. So if the driver can go to three dealers with one load they can make more money. They can only get 1-2 loads per day anyway with or without extra stops. So when the drivers loads are built that is taken into consideration. I think it's the luck of the draw as far as FIFO os LIFO. It's all mixed up. I know some of our Monday loads are drawn from the yard on Saturday or Sunday because the drivers may be sitting at the dealer when I open the gate at 6 AM.
Dealers are pretty much at the whim of both the rail yard and the transportation company.
Every since we quit using Jack Cooper down south our deliveries have been spotty.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Where is the “Shipped” date coming from since the order tracker doesn’t give one? When we receive the “Your Vehicle Is On Its Way” email?
Inference, based on when I see it transition from "Awaiting shipping" to "In Transit" on ORDERTRACK.APP or I see the SHIPPED status on the SHOP tracker sites.

Generally I'm watching this activity daily, though I missed the Saturday morning scan [462 mile bike trip to Northern NH], so for some folks I chose a Friday Shipping date, but you are welcome to share any information if you seen it transition before I did.

I'd love for FORD to record the action dates on the time bar, but they don't, so that's as close as I can get for the time being.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

Data posted, remember, If I don't have a VIN to research then just in time self reporting is all I have.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I am trying to get an understanding of the "In-Production" to "Built" to "Shipped" Process by reading my Window Sticker(s).

My Original Window Sticker was issued several weeks prior (6/18/22) to my Blend Date of 7/14/22 and it did not change day to day until 8/11/22, a week after my "Built" date (8/05/22) appeared (other than the daily date change at the bottom of the sticker).

What does the REV # at the Top Left Corner mean? Mine changed from REV-001684 to REV-008174.

Reading across I now show "47W" "654" LABL "6B" PRCS "A" and B10 "J". Can anyone decode this ? Or does it really have meaning for us?

Then, reading across I see my VIN#, "F-150", "MAIL" and "700/2288"

On my original sticker the last figure was "464/802" which meant my truck was the 464th unit produced in a run week of 802 units.

I assume my sticker changed when my truck was moved from the site where it left Quality Control (Ramp 51?) to the site where it is prepared for shipping. Maybe I am #700 out of 2,288 trucks ready for shipment (maybe including Ford ICE units?).

I have yet to figure out whether my truck will be delivered direct from factory by Convoy (I am about 300 miles) or by Rail through either Louisville or Lexington, KY (Norfolk Southern). I have a delivery scheduled via my Ford Web Page of 8/26/22 to 9/01/22. I assume trains are leaving Ford headed out about every two weeks (giving them time to deadhead back to Dearborn from their destinations) and if by Rail it will be off-loaded in one of the two KY cities one to two days after 8/26.

(This is a question for Train Expert @Yellow Buddy aka Thomas the Tank).

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group Thomas.JPG
;)

Thank for any suggestions.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
I am trying to get an understanding of the "In-Production" to "Built" to "Shipped" Process by reading my Window Sticker(s).

My Original Window Sticker was issued several weeks prior (6/18/22) to my Blend Date of 7/14/22 and it did not change day to day until 8/11/22, a week after my "Built" date (8/05/22) appeared (other than the daily date change at the bottom of the sticker).

What does the REV # at the Top Left Corner mean? Mine changed from REV-001684 to REV-008174.

Reading across I now show "47W" "654" LABL "6B" PRCS "A" and B10 "J". Can anyone decode this ? Or does it really have meaning for us?

Then, reading across I see my VIN#, "F-150", "MAIL" and "700/2288"

On my original sticker the last figure was "464/802" which meant my truck was the 464th unit produced in a run week of 802 units.

I assume my sticker changed when my truck was moved from the site where it left Quality Control (Ramp 51?) to the site where it is prepared for shipping. Maybe I am #700 out of 2,288 trucks ready for shipment (maybe including Ford ICE units?).

I have yet to figure out whether my truck will be delivered direct from factory by Convoy (I am about 300 miles) or by Rail through either Louisville or Lexington, KY (Norfolk Southern). I have a delivery scheduled via my Ford Web Page of 8/26/22 to 9/01/22. I assume trains are leaving Ford headed out about every two weeks (giving them time to deadhead back to Dearborn from their destinations) and if by Rail it will be off-loaded in one of the two KY cities one to two days after 8/26.

(This is a question for Train Expert @Yellow Buddy aka Thomas the Tank).

Thomas.JPG
;)

Thank for any suggestions.
Wow... thats a lot.
I'll just say that the "built" date is recorded as "release" date when looking at the vin on oasis.

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Hybrid , 21 Harley Road Glide
Occupation
Ford Commercial Sales Manager
Made it to Delaware last night. How do you know when you've reached the end of the line?
Delaware is where all our transit are dropped then Convoy in. I would imagine you are waiting for a truck at this point.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Wow... thats a lot.
I'll just say that the "built" date is recorded as "release" date when looking at the vin on oasis.
One more thing. The "built date" that is being used here is not the actual date used in oasis. There is a Built date there that is closer to the module pop day after Blend. It is all confusing.

Last edited:

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
First they wake you up. Then they kick you off. Once you’re off if you don’t recognize where you are, you know you’re at the end of the line
Hahaha - Had that happen one day on the Metro back in my youth. The conductor woke me up as she was waking back to the other end of the train to go back through town. Ended up an 1.5 hrs late and my boss never let me live it down.

Delaware is where all our transit are dropped then Convoy in. I would imagine you are waiting for a truck at this point.
Thanks! I just checked again and now it says it has arrived at the port of Wilmington. Time to get off the train and queue up in the United Road line. Looks like they have about 5 cars in the queue.
Sponsored