• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I was looking at a Platinum today. I knew the tailgate was different, but I didn’t realize how different the taillights were from the Pro until just now
Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
I was looking at a Platinum today. I knew the tailgate was different, but I didn’t realize how different the taillights were from the Pro until just now
Yes it is very different. That's why you can't reasonably add the light bar.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Yes it is very different. That's why you can't reasonably add the light bar.
What are defining as reasonably? It just means instead of stealing a tailgate, I’ll also need to steal the taillights right?

That can’t be more than what? 3 screws and an owner distracted with Taco Bell

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Hybrid , 21 Harley Road Glide
Occupation
Ford Commercial Sales Manager
Hopefully I ship out today, ETA is 8/10-16 so that would be tomorrow however Ford's ETA i take with a grain of salt. But in a side of good news when I check order track the amount of vehicles in similar is down to 41 from 55

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Hopefully I ship out today, ETA is 8/10-16 so that would be tomorrow however Ford's ETA i take with a grain of salt. But in a side of good news when I check order track the amount of vehicles in similar is down to 41 from 55
Your ETA is actually before mine. So strange.

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Your ETA is actually before mine. So strange.
You had to take a train with 15 stops and then get a truck. I just need a truck with a pretty direct 1 day haul. However you've had a lot more fun tracking than I have.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
For “fun” I went through OVISS. Over the last 2 months there was a convoy from Twin Oaks to my dealer 4 times on every day of the week that is not Wednesday. All other ones were delivered on Wednesday. I guess it’s relatively safe to think my truck will be delivered to dealer on Wed…

Do I be a pain and call my dealer to explain I won’t be here?

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
For “fun” I went through OVISS. Over the last 2 months there was a convoy from Twin Oaks to my dealer 4 times on every day of the week that is not Wednesday. All other ones were delivered on Wednesday. I guess it’s relatively safe to think my truck will be delivered to dealer on Wed…

Do I be a pain and call my dealer to explain I won’t be here?
Probably wouldn't hurt to call and let them know what is up so they don't screw you and sell it.

Sponsored

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
Well dealer just verified my vehicle is still sitting in Michigan (New Boston I presume) waiting on a carrier (train). So I highly doubt Ford will make their estimated delivery window for me (8/14-8/20). Disappointing....first real disappointment I've felt throughout this process knowing that it's just been sitting there for two weeks or more.

EVfuture

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning mach e
Occupation
business
There is a lot of posts about new law, and how it could affect out tax credit. I talk to my dealer, and he agreed to sign purchase agreement today, so ill be locked before Biden signs new bill. I am doing this just in case. There is no clear indication new law will affect us

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Well dealer just verified my vehicle is still sitting in Michigan (New Boston I presume) waiting on a carrier (train). So I highly doubt Ford will make their estimated delivery window for me (8/14-8/20). Disappointing....first real disappointment I've felt throughout this process knowing that it's just been sitting there for two weeks or more.
Have you checked on Ford chat also? Maybe there's good news from them...

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
There is a lot of posts about new law, and how it could affect out tax credit. I talk to my dealer, and he agreed to sign purchase agreement today, so ill be locked before Biden signs new bill. I am doing this just in case. There is no clear indication new law will affect us
I did the same last week. Not really sure it's needed but I figured I'd try to err on the side of caution and have it on hand.

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
I did the same last week. Not really sure it's needed but I figured I'd try to err on the side of caution and have it on hand.
General consensus is that only EVs built outside of North America are immediately ineligible. The price and income caps do not take effect immediately (some kind of review process before full implementation) so Lightning is "safe" until at least Jan 1, 2023.
Sponsored