• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Hybrid , 21 Harley Road Glide
Occupation
Ford Commercial Sales Manager
You find a suitable replacement yet?
I traded it on the white powerboost in the picture. Fully loaded 502A Lariet. Was looking at a platinum but since they’re deleting the massaging seats I couldn’t justify it
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog I forget ... how long does it take for convoy information to show up in the ordertrack.app
If you're referring to this section...... it never lists the rail/convoy shipping details, you need to contact online customer chat or ping your sales manager for the rail tracking information for CSX , ex CNA-digits shown in VVR.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1664205325995

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
If you're referring to this section...... it never lists the rail/convoy shipping details, you need to contact online customer chat or ping your sales manager for the rail tracking information for CSX , ex CNA-digits shown in VVR.

1664205325995.png
ah ok. I think knowing its shipped is enough. Heading to the dealer Friday to get all my accessories lined up and they mentioned they believe the whole transaction will be online checkout now. I'll see how that goes.

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
ah ok. I think knowing its shipped is enough. Heading to the dealer Friday to get all my accessories lined up and they mentioned they believe the whole transaction will be online checkout now. I'll see how that goes.
Before finalizing your accessories just remember you’ll get a bunch of Fordpass points for buying the truck and then you’ll be able redeem those points.

Sponsored

NoCharge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting Pro Iconic Silver
Glad to see @chrislittle finally getting close to the finish line! I just crowned 700 miles today and am happy to report that every day is better than the last and am happy with the purchase. I use roughly 16kwh per day on my commute and am averaging around 2.3 mi/kw. I am absolutely loving 1pd, especially in curvy sections of the highway. It's like automatic trail braking to the apex. I think the only change I will have to make are the seats. The vinyl is decent but they don't breathe at all. I have OEM cloth covers from a '21 XLT that I will install but I'd like to wait and see if I can add OE heated seat elements and change out the climate control panel with an XLT panel so that the heated seat buttons are OE. The base stereo sounds fine but I'd like a little more bass.

So far the only negatives are that even though the truck is very quiet, there is a lot of wind noise from the drivers door around head level and the steering wheel is off center. Also, I washed, clay barred(there was a lot of rail dust/fall out on the hood and roof), paint corrected, and ceramic coated it right away. There was a TON of dirt in the paint. I know there will always be some, but there were some pretty big specs in it. The front end needs to be sprung stiffer or the shocks need stiffer compression/rebound valving. Frunk beep please stop!

It was worth the wait.

On a side note, this weekend I got behind a Rivian on the interstate while in the Mustang. We both took the same exit and the driver of the Rivian was feeling a bit randy and canned it on the straight when he seen me behind him. I obliged with WOT and kept him honest for a short bit but man, that little trucks hauls ass.

Last edited:

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
Glad to see @chrislittle finally getting close to the finish line! I just crowned 700 miles today and am happy to report that every day is better than the last and am happy with the purchase. I use roughly 16kwh per day on my commute and am averaging around 2.3 mi/kw. I am absolutely loving 1pd, especially in curvy sections of the highway. It's like automatic trail braking to the apex. I think the only change I will have to make are the seats. The vinyl is decent but they don't breathe at all. I have OEM cloth covers from a '21 XLT that I will install but I'd like to wait and see if I can add OE heated seat elements and change out the climate control panel with an XLT panel so that the heated seat buttons are OE. The base stereo sounds fine but I'd like a little more bass.

So far the only negatives are that even though the truck is very quiet, there is a lot of wind noise from the drivers door around head level and the steering wheel is off center. Also, I washed, clay barred(there was a lot of rail dust/fall out on the hood and roof), paint corrected, and ceramic coated it right away. There was a TON of dirt in the paint. I know there will always be some, but there were some pretty big specs in it. The front end needs to be sprung stiffer or the shocks need stiffer compression/rebound valving. Frunk beep please stop!

It was worth the wait.

On a side note, this weekend I got behind a Rivian on the interstate while in the Mustang. We both took the same exit and the driver of the Rivian was feeling a bit randy and canned it on the straight when he seen me behind him. I obliged with WOT and kept him honest for a short bit but man, that little trucks hauls ass.
good information. I think I'm going to give the Vinyl a try but likely do some seat upgrades too. Just not sure in what form that will take yet, outside of the fact I want heated seats here in NH.

<How much was all the clay bar, paint correction & coating?> EDIT: realized you noted you did it yourself!!

Last edited:

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500

It was worth the wait.

Where are you? Can I bring mine over for the exterior work over! I plan to do so but it's a lot of real estate to cover.

I've not been in super hot weather to tell if the vinyl will cause swamp crotch but have thought about swapping for cloth as a general upgrade. I've also focused in on the wind noise. I think it's created by the side mirror but manifests around head level.

NoCharge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting Pro Iconic Silver
Where are you? Can I bring mine over for the exterior work over! I plan to do so but it's a lot of real estate to cover.

I've not been in super hot weather to tell if the vinyl will cause swamp crotch but have thought about swapping for cloth as a general upgrade. I've also focused in on the wind noise. I think it's created by the side mirror but manifests around head level.
LOl. I'd estimate it took me close to 20 hours to do it. Not sure if I'd do it again unless I had nothing else to do. Yes, lots of acreage to cover and some tough spots to reach. Stripping wash, clay, tape off all the textured pieces, polish, paint prep, and ceramic. Woof. The ceramic was $149, the rest of the stuff I already have. Very labor intensive to do it right.

I checked the door alignment and gaps and everything looks good so I'm a little perplexed as to why it's so loud.
Sponsored