• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I was able to go pickup my truck yesterday. I'm happily locked in before any potential shenanigans from the new EV tax rules go into effect. I assume 2022 buyers will be fine, but I also love to worry, so it's a relief to me!

I had plans last evening and today, so I only put about 25 miles on the truck so far. A few quick thoughts:
- Coming from a Model 3 with limited truck experience (only when borrowing my father's Ram), I will need a bit of time to get used to driving this thing. It is gigantic in comparison and all of my suburban driving trials were fine, but I'm admittedly a little nervous taking it into urban areas. Parallel parking this thing is not in my immediate future. I heard many Lightning reservation holders are first time truck buyers, so maybe some of you will be in the same boat. Funny enough, I had to get new plates in NY, because the weight of the truck classifies it as a commercial vehicle. That shows it's big!
- In the same spirit of this thing being large, I didn't plan my garage out accordingly. I cleared some space, but I have about 6 inches of room to fit the truck and I'm not comfortable with that. I have a project or clearing out some totes to open another 18 inches of room, at which point I'll start parking in the garage.
- The truck is very easy to drive and I'll generically say everything just feels smooth. The 360 camera makes parking in suburban parking lot spaces a breeze. Most of my observations are F-150/truck specific, not really Lightning. The only thing that's Lightning specific and a bit odd is how the tires really screech if you floor the accelerator, it's not something I'll be looking to do much, versus my Model 3 Performance which I'll gleefully floor any chance I can get.
- One pedal driving is simple and the amount of braking you get is sufficient and just feels right. I will never touch the two pedal mode, once you go one pedal, it's hard to go back.
- The truck's infotainment is going to take some time to get used to. Setting a charge limit was far too difficult, that is something that should be front and center. Also don't like that there is a second sub window always open and taking up a ton of screen, why can't I close this?
- Overall very happy, I wanted to diversify the types of vehicles in my garage, and now I have a truck to do truck things.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
great news... and I saw that your delivery was VERY quick, and I used that to convince my dealer to go ahead with the purchase, check, and paperwork yesterday - even the temporary tag is now in my hand. They were hesitant at first, not knowing 'when' it would arrive, as they say they get less information and emails than we do, but since I used August 16th as my eta date, they went ahead with it.

...on a Norfolk Southern train now, in OAKWOOD, heading to ATLANTA

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
There were four Lightnings delivered to West Herr Ford in Amherst, NY last Friday after business hours. I was one of them. Shockingly, the other three people weren't knocking down the door on Saturday to pick up their trucks. The sales guys said that most people take their time after delivery to go pick up their vehicles, I couldn't believe it!

I will add one more note, this was the first time I dealt with West Herr Ford and they did a great job. They honored MSRP and worked with me to close the deal quickly on a Saturday, it was top notch service. They also weren't too pushy with extra stuff. I bought some paint and fabric protection thing for $800 solely as a thank you for honoring MSRP, but I could've just as easily walked out with no add-ons. I'm also going to buy the Ford tri-fold bed cover directly from the dealer even though there are some cheaper options out there, cause I wanted to give them a few extra bucks for a job well done.

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
Checked on the delivery via rail: CNA 712356, arrived in buffalo today, scheduled to arrive in Selkirk tomorrow. I think it's on to convoy from there, about 4 hours south of the dealer. From what everyone says it's luck of the trucker draw from there, from first minute reservation to first wave order, might have this puppy in August.

mikee179

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Such a tease! Saw Shipped exactly once and then went back to built :\

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_3306.PNG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Such a tease! Saw Shipped exactly once and then went back to built :\

IMG_3306.PNG
Refresh screen and re-login a few times that will clear the browser buffer. Then it should show shipped.

mikee179

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Back to shipped consistently now on the shop page. Not updated on my the reservations page yet. No date listed under the Shipped state.

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
My status also just got updated to shipped. About a week ago the email from Ford estimated the delivery date of September 7 - 13. Seems a little pessimistic now.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 9.41.22 PM

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
None of my order or tracking pages show an estimate. Nor does my “Shipped” ford email. I did receive an estimate from my dealer right after it shipped however.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
I was able to go pickup my truck yesterday. I'm happily locked in before any potential shenanigans from the new EV tax rules go into effect. I assume 2022 buyers will be fine, but I also love to worry, so it's a relief to me!

I had plans last evening and today, so I only put about 25 miles on the truck so far. A few quick thoughts:
- Coming from a Model 3 with limited truck experience (only when borrowing my father's Ram), I will need a bit of time to get used to driving this thing. It is gigantic in comparison and all of my suburban driving trials were fine, but I'm admittedly a little nervous taking it into urban areas. Parallel parking this thing is not in my immediate future. I heard many Lightning reservation holders are first time truck buyers, so maybe some of you will be in the same boat. Funny enough, I had to get new plates in NY, because the weight of the truck classifies it as a commercial vehicle. That shows it's big!
- In the same spirit of this thing being large, I didn't plan my garage out accordingly. I cleared some space, but I have about 6 inches of room to fit the truck and I'm not comfortable with that. I have a project or clearing out some totes to open another 18 inches of room, at which point I'll start parking in the garage.
- The truck is very easy to drive and I'll generically say everything just feels smooth. The 360 camera makes parking in suburban parking lot spaces a breeze. Most of my observations are F-150/truck specific, not really Lightning. The only thing that's Lightning specific and a bit odd is how the tires really screech if you floor the accelerator, it's not something I'll be looking to do much, versus my Model 3 Performance which I'll gleefully floor any chance I can get.
- One pedal driving is simple and the amount of braking you get is sufficient and just feels right. I will never touch the two pedal mode, once you go one pedal, it's hard to go back.
- The truck's infotainment is going to take some time to get used to. Setting a charge limit was far too difficult, that is something that should be front and center. Also don't like that there is a second sub window always open and taking up a ton of screen, why can't I close this?
- Overall very happy, I wanted to diversify the types of vehicles in my garage, and now I have a truck to do truck things.
you will get an update in a day or two and you will be able to Expand to take up most of the screen. I am guessing this is the XLT?

I am in Upstate NY as well and my dealer was able to register as a passenger vehicle, no need for commercial plates.

Sponsored

mikee179

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got the shipped email as well. Was hoping to get a photo of my truck coming off the line like others have, but haven’t seen any links like that in the emails.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
None of my order or tracking pages show an estimate. Nor does my “Shipped” ford email. I did receive an estimate from my dealer right after it shipped however.
It should be visible on the personal order page!!

Last edited:

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
you will get an update in a day or two and you will be able to Expand to take up most of the screen. I am guessing this is the XLT?

I am in Upstate NY as well and my dealer was able to register as a passenger vehicle, no need for commercial plates.
I just went on the NY DMV website and it does seem to confirm my dealer got it right, any vehicle over 6,000lbs needs to be registered as commercial in NYS. It doesn't seem to matter a ton, my registration cost is tens of dollars more, since this goes by weight. My insurance wasn't impacted, since I won't be using the truck for commercial purposes.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
I just went on the NY DMV website and it does seem to confirm my dealer got it right, any vehicle over 6,000lbs needs to be registered as commercial in NYS. It doesn't seem to matter a ton, my registration cost is tens of dollars more, since this goes by weight. My insurance wasn't impacted, since I won't be using the truck for commercial purposes.
There was just a post about this.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/nys-and-commercial-registration.11715/

The dealer is wrong. The law was updated recently and typical of our DMV nothing was updated.
Sponsored