• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group

omoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Rapid Red
I am traveling so not checking in the truck every hour... But it is now showing a delivery estimate of 9/9-9/15 on the Ford preorder portal so that's a win.
Sponsored

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
I'm close. The sales manager sent me this text today, "It landed in SLC. As soon as a truck can go get it I’ll let you know." That's only about an hour drive away from the dealer.

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
I am traveling so not checking in the truck every hour... But it is now showing a delivery estimate of 9/9-9/15 on the Ford preorder portal so that's a win.
Ford.com -> My Account -> Reservations and Orders?

Sponsored

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
I bet you're okay if it's held this long.
My Lariat arrived with Scales installed and functional. Willing to bet yours will have it too.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
It changed. It now says its built! See you in a month! Hopefully.

• Scheduled for Production
    Scheduled for Production

• Built
    Estimated Delivery 9/17/2022 - 9/23/2022

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Was not planning on picking my Lightning up until Monday. Came home today and found my Lightning in my driveway with a case of beer in the back. Called the dealer to see what was up. Dealer said they wanted me to be able to drive it over the weekend. Has dealer tags on it. Nice surprise from a great dealer.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group a ford

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
congrats...

here's a little PROMPT for some of us while 'waiting' on that ever-important delivery. Don't wait on the DEALER to 'let you know' when it's ready - you GO there and make them get it ready!

Story: I purchased my truck on the 13th, and yet it wasn't there yet. I had a delivery eta confirmation of the 21st - the 27th of August, but having seen others get theirs in a shorter period, I asked my dealer to go ahead and get up the purchase paperwork and everything we needed to handle BEFORE it arrived 'next week', I told them. Well, they balked at first, but then conceded when the admitted that 'we customers' know more than they do when it comes to Ford communications and how things are progressing. I assured them that it would arrive the week of the 16th... o.k., I handled the paperwork, insurance info, driver license info, payment info, and all those pesky 'pages' to sign. They handed me my 'temporary tag' before I even left. I was ready.

Tracking the train was relatively easy, and somewhat fun. Tracking 'what' transport company, and the daily status of 'when' it would actually be coming to the dealer was NOT so fun. Phone calls helped, but it was still a mystery for 3 or 4 days, until I FINALLY was told that it was being loaded and DELIVERY that day....woop woop!

Well, I waited and waited and waited, until 10:30 that same morning(yes, that was several hours of waiting already, from a 7am phone call)... to be then told that it still had not 'left' the yard. Apparently this driver waits until after lunch to start their delivery, 150 miles, and over 3 hours.
Well, I gauged the timing, and waiting across the way from the dealer, at a Walmart, with views in BOTH directions. I knew it was coming, just 'when' was the question.
I texted my salesman at 4:00 and said "it's coming today, I'll be there in a hot minute to get it!"
He's good a replying quickly, but stated "I hope so! But, unfortunately, we'll not be able to process it, give it the PDI, and a good wash, before the guys leave at 5. We'll call you sometime tomorrow"

OH NO! He Didn't!!!! I responded with... "No, that truck is mine, it belongs to ME, I own it already, and it's coming home with me TODAY... it will be here in 30 minutes!"

Well, we had a few heated back and forths as he tried to 'let me know' that's not 'how it works'. They HAVE to do their paperwork, and checkin, and checkup, and test drive, and shoe shine, and polish, and whatever they 'need' to do.

I decided to take another tactic. " I've got $100 for the employee who stays late to check my LIGHTNING in and get it to me TODAY, the transport truck has JUST ARRIVED! "

Well, wouldn't you know it. $100 bill solved my problem. I drove it home 45 minutes later.

mikee179

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
My delivery window just got moved up a bit surprisingly, going from 8/30-9/5 to Now 8/27-9/2

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/25 Lightning Build Week Group 6C1DF6FD-742C-4E21-A1C7-BFF1C3EC690B

Last edited: