• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group

DevonD

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 340i, 19 F150 Ecoboost, Lightning Platinum
I also got my email to order my charger yesterday, but dumb me dows not have my reservation number handy until monday.... Unless taxmanHogg can pm it ro me.
I got the same email yesterday. Your reservation number should be at the bottom of the email. But it’s called “Reservation ID number”

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher
I got my signed purchase order yesterday, all signed with VIN, dates, and amounts for my 8/18 blend
I reached out to my dealer about it - I hope he will do it for me on Sunday…now that Congress has passed I just want to be safe since my build is over 80k.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Anyone else reaching out to their dealer and trying to get a binding contract or signed purchase order, or perhaps actually go ahead and finish the contract ahead of delivery, or just me? I’m definitely worried that if I don’t have one of those things then I’ll lose out on the tax credit when the IRA becomes law.
I tried and this is what happened:

I called the owner yesterday and explained what was going on and he told me to come in this morning and he'd sell me the car. When I showed up, he told me that Ford had sent out a directive to everyone that they can't do that until the truck is actually en route. He said Ford threatened a $25K fine if that was ignored. So then we looked up my truck to see where it was. It was listed in his computer as on Ramp 5, if I remember correctly. I said what does that mean, he said it means it's getting ready to be loaded on the train. I mentioned that the portal doesn't show it as "built" yet(although I just checked and now that section of the site isn't working properly) and he basically shrugged and said well it's there and it's supposed to get here on the 22nd (instead of the 26th it had from last week).

So I don't know what's up with that discrepancy. He said let's wait until toward the end of the month and revisit the situation. I said, well that bill is getting signed today so...and I said, what about this: I'm just going to write on this sheet of paper that I agree to buy this VIN at MSRP, I signed it, and then said now you want $100, $10, $1 dollar whatever consideration you want, stuff it in your pocket, and don't even show Ford it'll never come up it's just between me and the IRS if necessary.

Then he said, I'm so fucking pissed at Ford right now--pretty sure they don't want us in business anymore. Then he printed off a purchase agreement (not an order, and actual agreement) and wrote the price, the taxes, and said he was just going to estimate $1K in all the other fees, etc., then he signed it, dated it, and then handed it to me and said do whatever you want with that.

Now I don't know if that was some convoluted way of adding $1K ADM to my order but I didn't sign the form--it's in my glove box right now with all *his* info but I haven't countersigned so it's not like I'm held to what he wrote there. That said, if I have to trade $1K for the remaining $6,500 it's whatever at this point. I mean this economy is so heated and wonky right now the truck probably gained $1K value in that minute we spoke! I'm kidding but only slightly...the truck is effectively $15K less expensive than a 2023 so I was more concerned with him trying to tack $20K to encourage me to walk.

I generally operate under the belief that I can usually tell when a salesperson is lying to me (just watch the lips...if they're moving they're probably laying) ;).

Sponsored

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher
What are the chances Biden signs it on Monday? I know some here on the forums feel we have nothing to worry about, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. I hope my dealership manager is there on Sunday.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I think if you'd rather be safe than sorry you should get something done sooner rather than later. If not this weekend, certainly by Monday morning. There isn't any reason for him to wait to sign it and it's a significant victory that Ds can use on the campaign trail.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
What an epic journey this is turning into with losing Max Recline and Active Motion and massaging seats and being stuck with a trim that's $12000 more with less range, payload, and towing than the truck I would have otherwise ordered. And spending a lot of time getting the best financing rate and now this tax credit debacle. Anyway, I guess I'll have to use Frodo as inspiration and keep taking this ring up the slopes of Mount Doom. In the words of JFK, we do these things "not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

(Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or a tax professional, so get your signed PO before the bill is signed if you wish) I'm trying to research if we truly need the signed PO before the bill is signed. It's looking like we may not since the vehicle's final assembly is in North America - in that case the previous law applies until December 31. I'm still sifting through the full text of the bill to convince myself about the December 31 extension for vehicles built in NA, but see this Reddit link for what I'm talking about. Look at the link to the lawyer's interpretation and look for "ford" or "lightning" in the comments:

Here's the PDF of the current bill to research. Start on page 373. the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022

Still researching . . .

Last edited:

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher
(Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer or a tax professional, so get your signed PO before the bill is signed if you wish) I'm trying to research if we truly need the signed PO before the bill is signed. It's looking like we may not since the vehicle's final assembly is in North America - in that case the previous law applies until December 31. I'm still sifting through the full text of the bill to convince myself about the December 31 extension for vehicles built in NA, but see this Reddit link for what I'm talking about. Look at the link to the lawyer's interpretation and look for "ford" or "lightning" in the comments:

Here's the PDF of the current bill to research. Start on page 373. the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022

Still researching . . .
My biggest concern is that my order is over the 80k threshold (ever so slightly), and if I don’t have that signed PO, and that limitation goes into effect when signed by President Biden, I’ll be screwed out of the tax credit. I’m not a tax professional either, but that’s my reading of the bill.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My biggest concern is that my order is over the 80k threshold (ever so slightly), and if I don’t have that signed PO, and that limitation goes into effect when signed by President Biden, I’ll be screwed out of the tax credit. I’m not a tax professional either, but that’s my reading of the bill.
Yeah, definitely get it if you can. You almost have to have a reference to the previous 30(D) tax code on one monitor/split screen and then the new bill on the other and have multiple if-then statements to strike out parts that don’t apply to make any sense of it. I am hoping that the way it is finally interpreted by the IRS simplifies it, understands the reservation/order system and understands that a lot of these will be used as work trucks but hope is not a plan.

Sponsored

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher
Yeah, definitely get it if you can. You almost have to have a reference to the previous 30(D) tax code on one monitor/split screen and then the new bill on the other and have multiple if-then statements to strike out parts that don’t apply to make any sense of it.
I felt the exact same. It’s definitely difficult to parse out without doing that.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It looks like on p. 393 of the bill, regarding the effective dates, the main section of the bill that affects some of us Lightning orderers is the $80k limit since we pass the "final assembly in North America" test pre-December 31st. Our real deadline (not a lawyer, not a tax professional) *seems* to be after the Secretary of the Treasury (or the Secretary's delegate) provides guidance. Any chance we can convince the Treasury Department to go on vacation until December 31?
  1. (3) PER VEHICLE DOLLAR LIMITATION AND RE-
  2. 10 LATED REQUIREMENTS.—The amendments made by
  3. 11 subsections (a) and (e) shall apply to vehicles placed
  4. 12 in service after the date on which the proposed guid-
  5. 13 ance described in paragraph (3)(B) of section 30D(e)
  6. 14 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (as added by
  7. 15 subsection (e)) is issued by the Secretary of the Treas-
  8. 16 ury (or the Secretary’s delegate).

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I would be under the limit if the MSRP matched the price when ordered, but then in March when Ford bumped the delivery fee to 1795 from 1695, I am 94 over the limit. Lariat ER max tow atlas blue. My order sheet says 79994. MSRP now is 80094. It will be price protected, but does that lower the msrp?Ford should just lower the mrsp for those who would be price protected, particularly when the change caused by then, pushes the price over a tax credit/incentive limit.

Cypress

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
I called the owner yesterday and explained what was going on and he told me to come in this morning and he'd sell me the car. When I showed up, he told me that Ford had sent out a directive to everyone that they can't do that until the truck is actually en route. He said Ford threatened a $25K fine if that was ignored.
Do you or anyone else have any more info on this, so called, directive?

I'm in a similar boat and stopped by my dealer today. They refused to offer any kind of binding agreement until the truck is delivered AND goes through PDI. The manager stated he has received so such communication through Ford regarding this. Thanks!
Sponsored