• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group

Bomar

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Raptor, 2017 Focus RS, 2021 Bronco FE
Occupation
CPA
Good news. I got an email yesterday from KM Ford that my truck is in San Diego. Very happy to know its location!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Good news. I got an email yesterday from KM Ford that my truck is in San Diego. Very happy to know its location!
Something weird happening with the tracker data on your truck, two days go it reverted to BUILT/Awaiting Shipping status on ORDERTRACK and SHOP sites, now you say the dealership has the truck ????

Bomar

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Raptor, 2017 Focus RS, 2021 Bronco FE
Occupation
CPA
Something weird happening with the tracker data on your truck, two days go it reverted to BUILT/Awaiting Shipping status on ORDERTRACK and SHOP sites, now you say the dealership has the truck ????
Exactly what I saw. A couple days ago Ford's website said it was being prepare to ship. But then I reached out to the Ford chat and they said it was in San Diego. I was skeptical - probably still should be. We shall see pretty soon! Thanks again!

Tyler Durden

First Name
Cornelius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have the same result. Our trucks were on the same railcar going to the same dealership, but I don't think they've arrived at KM Ford--who emailed me and sent a screen shot of the VVR showing it's at the Port of SD.

Very close, at least. My outside ETA is now 10/3.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group L015 - Update

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have the same result. Our trucks were on the same railcar going to the same dealership, but I don't think they've arrived at KM Ford--who emailed me and sent a screen shot of the VVR showing it's at the Port of SD.

Very close, at least. My outside ETA is now 10/3.

L015 - Update.jpg
Your truck was the other which was tracking weirdly as well, (I hesitated to mention this until now, so as not to disappoint), hopefully it's this close to both of you and the trucks will be in your driveway soon!!!!

Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Yeah, that's real because you three (with gapsd) are all on the same Railcar # TTGX702283. :)

Close and Gratz!

I should be right behind you but the big unknown is whether it will arrive in SD and come back to the desert on 8E or if it will arrive in AZ and come across to the desert on 8W...and I'll have to drive three hours to pick it up :)

gapsd

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting
Occupation
Design Engineer
Strange I think my truck is as well, and they haven't contacted me yet.

I arrived ramp 5a on 9/23

gapsd

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting
Occupation
Design Engineer
Yeah, that's real because you three (with gapsd) are all on the same Railcar # TTGX702283. :)

Close and Gratz!

I should be right behind you but the big unknown is whether it will arrive in SD and come back to the desert on 8E or if it will arrive in AZ and come across to the desert on 8W...and I'll have to drive three hours to pick it up :)

I'm in Flagstaff right now. Just saw a train go by. Hoping it was on it for you. ;)

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm in Flagstaff right now. Just saw a train go by. Hoping it was on it for you. ;)
It has a pretty good chance of being on that train!

Kansas City, KS > Wellington, KS > Amarillo, TX > Clovis, NM > Belen, NM > Winslow, AZ > Needles, Ca > Barstow, CA then it comes down south to San Diego.

The website still shows 9/23 but the rep I spoke with this morning says the outside delivery ETA is 10/3. She also told me it's still in Blu Island as of the 19th (latest info in VVR somehow), which I know is inaccurate.

Between Ford, BNSF employees, the dealership, and myself we might just get this thing fingered out!

daguitaristz

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Jeep, Vette
Finally added my details to the tracker. Maybe it helps others that are trying to understand timing

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group 1664726249048

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group 1664726280473

daguitaristz

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Jeep, Vette
Seriously..... moved back another TWO weeks this am! It's been sitting in ATL an hour from the dealership for close to 3 weeks already. Is there field work they're trying to do or something?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group 1664801448011

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
Hi all, hoping someone can point out a good contact at Ford that can help me? I can see the frustration above with the delivery process but I think I must be the only person still left “in production” from an 8/1 blend week?

Ordertrack app now shows 46 days in production so I am well over halfway to owning the record nobody wants which is the longest wait of 80 days.

Dealer answers my calls but can’t seem to find out any more info than I can. Ford chat can’t tell me anything other than “Microchip Hold” but it doesn’t make any sense to me. I have no strange options on my truck that would require a different chip to all the trucks that are being delivered (Lariat with max tow). So logically I can’t work out why my truck is stuck when trucks are coming off the line from blend dates way after mine?

Seems like my truck is either lost off the production line or in some kind of infinite loop.

Does anyone have any knowledge of any contact point in Ford that might be able to help?

If I sound desperate it’s because I am!! :-/

Thanks in advance for any help

PS @TaxmanHog how do I get my info into your tracker?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have no strange options on my truck that would require a different chip to all the trucks that are being delivered (Lariat with max tow).
Your truck is on a chip hold and there's no information anyone has that provide any clarity of when that will resolve. Best guesses so far are that chips are earmarked for their destined VIN so trucks after you will get their chips before you do. But again, no one really knows, that's just what people in similar situations as you have come to believe.

The bottom line is "chips" is somewhat of a misnomer. You could be missing literal microchips, which could themselves be anything from the max tow to seat adjusting, or something completely different like the entire seat assembly is unavailable.
Sponsored