• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Enclave
Signed in to ford today and I have built status. Finally out of chip hold!
In production since 8/24
Built 9/23
estimated delivery 10/7 - 10/13
Still not built for me. Build date was 8/15

Straight2VHS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE, 1995 Mustang 5.0
So there is an issue with the lift gate. It beeps 3 times when trying to open it. In settings if you try to switch it from manual to power, it thinks for a second then forces the selection back to manual. I am thinking it could be a module issue or the sensors think there is an obstruction. Ideas?

also, there was a note On the window from the factory that said inspection failed, replace puma. Any idea what puma Is? That delayed shipping for a bit and I am also wondering if it is related to the tailgate issue.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So there is an issue with the lift gate. It beeps 3 times when trying to open it. In settings if you try to switch it from manual to power, it thinks for a second then forces the selection back to manual. I am thinking it could be a module issue or the sensors think there is an obstruction. Ideas?

also, there was a note On the window from the factory that said inspection failed, replace puma. Any idea what puma Is? That delayed shipping for a bit and I am also wondering if it is related to the tailgate issue.
The Puma is the device plugged into the OBDII port to wirelessly program the trucks modules while traveling down the assembly line. That notation means the truck didn't program while going down the line and had to have a different programmer plugged into it on the end of the assembly line before it went into the calibration station.

Sponsored

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Has anyone in this group taken the extended warranty?

Think it's worth it? I understand it doesn't cover the Battery?

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Absolutly. I'm gonna do first day loaner car option too. Good chance these things will need service.

Has anyone in this group taken the extended warranty?

Think it's worth it? I understand it doesn't cover the Battery?

Straight2VHS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE, 1995 Mustang 5.0
The Puma is the device plugged into the OBDII port to wirelessly program the trucks modules while traveling down the assembly line. That notation means the truck didn't program while going down the line and had to have a different programmer plugged into it on the end of the assembly line before it went into the calibration station.
Is it possible the module controlling the tailgate was missed then?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Is it possible the module controlling the tailgate was missed then?
No. It either passes them all on the first shot, it is retried with a different Puma and succeeds or it goes to the repair bay to figure out why it isn't accepting the programming. If anything fails it doesn't go to calibration.

Sponsored

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
Yes. We agreed to MSRP back in October. I think they picked up on how angry I am with them. Shaking angry. Now they want a five star survey rating to sell it at MSRP. Wow.
I'd take it. But since it's in writing it does help your case