• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Just got this from chat.

They said I'm in transit at Riverdale junction point Illinois. It's in possession of Indiana harbor belt rail road company.
Sponsored

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
BD3C8E3E-B5B6-4344-BFA3-533ECF8B53B7.jpeg

Dealership report, they don’t have any more information. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Dont know if you'll have the same experience but that's all it said for me the entire trip so I wouldn't put much stock in that. My railcar number is now tracking at Mira Loma, CA, do you have your railcar number?

Last edited:

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Dont know if you'll have the same experience but that's all it said for me the entire trip so I wouldn't put much stock in that. My railcar number is now tracking at Mira Loma, CA, do you have your railcar number?
Yeah… TTGX705588

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wanna start my post by saying @Straight2VHS you are 100% correct that what is happening to you is BS and you should be doing everything you can to be heard because your experience is way outside the norm!! Hello @Ford Motor Company?!?! Also, as awesome as @TaxmanHog dataset is (and bro you're data is amazing!) it's not fully representative of the ground truth as its missing data points (like me, I know I'm a terrible person; but anyone else not on the forum is also not in there of course). I cant discriminate between SoCal and other areas of CA with the data; folks from Cali understand we're really different states lol. Lastly, if I use incorrect terms below, feel free to correct me I just ask not to get crushed in the process lol. I took the CA only delivered folks and derived an average and standard deviation.

With those disclaimers out of the way let me explain what the data is showing. We're seeing a 23 day average "shipped" to "delivered". There is also a standard deviation of 9 days. Just as a quick FYI, standard deviation is a great way of showing what would be considered the "norm" or the bulk part of a bell curve. So you take the average and you add/subtract the standard deviation and deliveries to California have been taking 14-32 days. Once you get outside that range, either more or less, you're experience is atypical and you should feel lucky to win the different award... or super justified in feeling like this is BS and you should have your truck already. The last column I added to TaxMan's spreadsheet is just showing the ratio of std dev, or multiples of the std dev... 1 std dev would suck but ok... 2 std dev is excessive and your super special... anything beyond and something else has to explain what's happening to you. Another way of understanding this is if you had teachers that graded on a curve, the normal range would be a "C", 1 std dev above the normal range would give you a "B", 2 std dev above would the "A" range.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1663759321736

I say all that to say, we're trending pretty nicely within the empirically represented data and not really seeing a significant delay... accordingly to our limited dataset. That plus I still couldn't find any indications of a carrier dispute in SoCal causing delays to the "last mile" delivery of vehicles, I'm not saying it's not there I just didn't find it. Also I just realized I may crush some people by showing you the range of dates you might be getting your truck, and dreams of when they thought it would arrive but hey miracles happen lol!!

On the plus side and I may be outside the interpretation of the data but looking at the standard deviation in comparison to actual delivery dates: Ford appears to be lowering the average and/or beating the average by multiples of the standard deviation regularly so that they're trending positively toward lowering delivery times. I will note the lack of recent data could be skewing all of this haha

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1663758631405

Last edited:

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah… TTGX705588
Can you re-chat Ford and ask them to give you the railcar number again... that number is talking about shipping notes from 9/4 and you didn't get the shipped notice until 9/16

Sponsored

architectTE

First Name
Tamir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER Max tow
Well, after being built 9/17 and having an ETA of 9/14-9/20 that came and went… new ETA has adjusted to 10/9-10/20

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Just checked on my ford order page. My eta was 9/10 to 9/17 then slipped to 9/25 to 10/2 a couple weeks ago, now its bumped back up to 9/17 to 9/23!!! Lets go!!!!! Its looking like it might be truck week!!!
Checked again this morning. Now I'm back at 9/25 to 10/1 eta. Reminds me of this scene from the office....

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group steve-carell-snip-snap

Sponsored

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
This is not a drill! Built! 9/20 date. Finally!

l9xbmuhf8frc5aa4uqgzpy3b1urufufii3p4tiq8&rid=giphy.gif
Congrats!! Finally!

Was finally able to track mine - Passed through Buffalo IL around 5:44 AM.

Railcar # COER900720 (Norfolk Southern Corp)

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Can you re-chat Ford and ask them to give you the railcar number again... that number is talking about shipping notes from 9/4 and you didn't get the shipped notice until 9/16
Just verified via chat:

“Based on the last update on September 18th, I was able to see that your vehicle is in transit with the reported location as Riverdale, IL. The ETA is showing October 5th, and the following information is available for transport: Railcar # TTGX705588 (Canadian National Railways ).”
Sponsored