• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/22 Lightning Build Week Group

DKZB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
Honestly, I’ve been having second thoughts about the factory spray in bed-liner. Sounds like Line-x is better and about the same price. Any idea if I can have it removed at this point?
Sponsored

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My dealer said he can make changes for about a week after we receive the build date which is about now. At that point when I placed the order I was uncertain on iced blue color choice since I had not seen other than photos. Doesn't hurt to ask especially since the spray lining is after the truck is complete so doubtful it would affect delivery negatively. The Line-X certainly looks like higher quality based on detailed video I've seen if you go that route.

I think I'll use the bedrug on the bottom as so many people have given it raving positive reviews. I will use the truck to move items whether supplies or delicate items and I think the bedliner is more like sandpaper to those items. I also dont like the idea of sanding a brand new truck. Plastic liners are slippery and have history of scratches underneath liner. Some bedrug reviewers say all the hard surface coatings are killers on knees so the rug one makes sense and is non-destructive to bed and can be easily and inexpensively replaced if needed. This is my first pickup so just what I've researched. Standard carpet linings have certainly worked well in SUV trunks for moving stuff. I'll probably get some folding hard cover as well as it snows alot here and I like having option of not unloading truck in bad weather.

DKZB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
My dealer said he can make changes for about a week after we receive the build date which is about now. At that point when I placed the order I was uncertain on iced blue color choice since I had not seen other than photos. Doesn't hurt to ask especially since the spray lining is after the truck is complete so doubtful it would affect delivery negatively. The Line-X certainly looks like higher quality based on detailed video I've seen if you go that route.

I think I'll use the bedrug on the bottom as so many people have given it raving positive reviews. I will use the truck to move items whether supplies or delicate items and I think the bedliner is more like sandpaper to those items. I also dont like the idea of sanding a brand new truck. Plastic liners are slippery and have history of scratches underneath liner. Some bedrug reviewers say all the hard surface coatings are killers on knees so the rug one makes sense and is non-destructive to bed and can be easily and inexpensively replaced if needed. This is my first pickup so just what I've researched. Standard carpet linings have certainly worked well in SUV trunks for moving stuff. I'll probably get some folding hard cover as well as it snows alot here and I like having option of not unloading truck in bad weather.
I spoke with my dealer today. They were able to remove the factory spray in bedliner. Line-X seems like the way to go, although, I may try a bed rug for awhile.

DKZB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
Hmmm I wonder if I have my VIN yet? I saw a workaround to get it from the FORD website so I will check that out. Reality is though that we are still 3 months from being built so lots of waiting between now and then.

I had posted on another thread but will cross post here:

any have experience with the ford factory tray liners vs Husky liners?
i have husky liners on my RAM 1500 and like them But no idea Idea if the Ford ones are good.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
F150 is scheduling this week, hopefully that includes Lightnings, keep your eye on your ORDER page at Ford.com

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
F150 is scheduling this week, hopefully that includes Lightnings, keep your eye on your ORDER page at Ford.com
Just checked and no dice today. Maybe Thursday will be a lucky day.

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Lariat ER Smoked Quartz Metallic and max tow, removed the bedliner a month ago and still not scheduled

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Lariat ER Smoked Quartz Metallic and max tow, removed the bedliner a month ago and still not scheduled
I have the same build, you will get this week.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
A lot of space for more scheduling!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1653689984535

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Sunday Report data from forum tracker and conversation here:
And the shuffle continues....
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1654485285102

DKZB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
Just checked… build week holding steady at 8/22

Last week I decided to remove the factory Bed Liner - in favor of eventually getting Line-X. This week I removed the floor liners - in favor of the Husky Liners.

All there is left to do is wait!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just checked… build week holding steady at 8/22

Last week I decided to remove the factory Bed Liner - in favor of eventually getting Line-X. This week I removed the floor liners - in favor of the Husky Liners.

All there is left to do is wait!
Are you aka DLZB?
I'll update my sheet