• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/22 Lightning Build Week Group

M4rked1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2007 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Wonderful way to start the day! Cant wait to just the truck instead of dragging the generator out of the shed.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/22 Lightning Build Week Group 8322F983-2E5D-44D1-995C-3A4197ACB2FA
Sponsored

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER Carbonized Grey Max Tow
Occupation
Retired Attorney; Teacher
Wonderful way to start the day! Cant wait to just the truck instead of dragging the generator out of the shed.

8322F983-2E5D-44D1-995C-3A4197ACB2FA.jpeg
When did that arrive?

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I bought it off a guy on Reddit months ago. I didn’t want to rely on sunrun to get mine to me on time.
Smart move. I’m selling mine or saving it for my retirement home in a few years.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I upgraded my primary breaker panel yesterday to fully use my service capacity. When my FCSP arrives, my electrician said to call back and they'll install the 100 amp breaker and install the charger. $2500 for the panel upgrade and charger install, but he said he only charges for actual labor and parts, so he's certain the final bill will come in much lower than the estimate.

Sponsored

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I upgraded my primary breaker panel yesterday to fully use my service capacity. When my FCSP arrives, my electrician said to call back and they'll install the 100 amp breaker and install the charger. $2500 for the panel upgrade and charger install, but he said he only charges for actual labor and parts, so he's certain the final bill will come in much lower than the estimate.
Nice. I’m just having a 50 amp plug installed on the side of my house. Not planning on staying here more than 5 years.

White_Lightnin_87

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Q7, 1966 Ford Mustang
Occupation
CPA
Well my truck is in Nashville less than 10 miles from the dealer. Curious how long it will take to get off the train to the dealer. My ETA for delivery is still 9.26-10.2

Jaufry

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tacoma
Occupation
Manager
So I'm thinking of renaming my truck Carmen as I try to track down where exactly in this world it is.
I got home to an e-mail from Ford yesterday letting me know that my expected delivery window was pushed back from the original 9/4-9/10 to the 9/17-9/23 that I was already aware of. I also logged in to the tracker again, and see a new delivery window of 9/24-9/30. HOWEVER... my dealer also e-mailed and let me know that they can see that my truck arrived in MA back on the 15th! Hoping that's the case and it might actually make it on a truck up here shortly!
I just got the final paperwork from the dealer this morning so I can finalize the loan today as they can't do a rate lock and I wanted to get in before the expected increase later this week.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Nice. I’m just having a 50 amp plug installed on the side of my house. Not planning on staying here more than 5 years.
That is an interesting thought. I don't know how long I will live at my current house as our family grows. Maybe I shouldn't put in the FCSP

Jaufry

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tacoma
Occupation
Manager
I have a 40 amp Juicebox installed at our house right now for my wife's Rav4 Prime, and my thinking is to rip that out and install it at work, then put the FCSP in at the house in case I ever want to do the whole-house backup. We already have a small transfer switch to cover heat/fridge/freezer, so installing the full system just seems a little to frivolous until the cost comes down.

Sponsored

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have a 40 amp Juicebox installed at our house right now for my wife's Rav4 Prime, and my thinking is to rip that out and install it at work, then put the FCSP in at the house in case I ever want to do the whole-house backup. We already have a small transfer switch to cover heat/fridge/freezer, so installing the full system just seems a little to frivolous until the cost comes down.
I also have a generator transfer switch and an outdoor plug to run my furnace, fridges etc.; now the Lightning will be the source instead of my Honda generator.

Jaufry

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tacoma
Occupation
Manager
It's here!! I just got the call from my dealer that it finally made it to their lot an hour or so ago! Of course between kids and appointments I can't grab it until Friday morning... tomorrow might be painful knowing it's just sitting there waiting for me!

Last edited:

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It's here!! I just got the call from my dealer that it finally made it to their lot an hour or so ago! Of course between kids and appointments I can't grab it until Friday morning... tomorrow might be painful knowing it's just sitting there waiting for me!
@Jaufry I am stoked for you!!!! When did the train arrive, and was it in fact to East Brookfield then a car carrier? Thanks for any info and enjoy!!!!!

spinnerbait

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
Some progress on my end - got the charger installed on Monday. 100 amp breaker somit will be interesting to see what the max output is going to be.

Now all I need is the truck.

There has been some progress. CNR dropped it in Riverdale, IL 5 days ago. The update from today is that Indiana Harbor Belt Railroad Co(an intermediate carrier)marked it as arrived. From what I understand, they will move it to the UP rail yard. One step at a time.

ETA still holds at 10/7 to NorCal.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/22 Lightning Build Week Group 9C5F9087-B627-4F8D-84A8-6A7B11BA5BBF

spinnerbait

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
@M4rked1 does a way better job than me of stowing the cable.

Some more details: I won't be using the truck for backup power since I already have the power walls for that. So from the main panel I have two lines going out. The one to the charger, and one to the Tesla system.
Sponsored