• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/22 Lightning Build Week Group

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Seems like it is good news day! I woke up to find that my delievery date changed to 9/27 to 10/3. My dealer confirmed the truck is in San Antonio that he should see it in a week or two. I'm hoping he sees it this week, it is only 88 miles to get from train depot to dealer.
If you are in Dallas, why did they send your truck all the way down to SATX?
Sponsored

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
He's using a dealership that is friends of the family.

astolleis

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Atlas Blue Lighting
If you are in Dallas, why did they send your truck all the way down to SATX?
good question, I bought from a dealer in Cuero. I’ve bought from them before and I have family in the area.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
good question, I bought from a dealer in Cuero. I’ve bought from them before and I have family in the area.
I commend you for buying from a small-town dealership. I'm sure it meant the world to them! (y)

mklcolvin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Insight, 2022 Lightning Lariat LR
Occupation
Retired; Former Systems Engineer
Picked up my truck today, and I'm over the moon by how well it drives/handles! It may not have the pure acceleration that our Teslas did, but it's a lot quieter & smoother. You guys are going to love this truck! My dealer kept up their end of the bargain, selling it to me at MSRP (after a short but intense battle), but they did add a spray-in bedliner and tinted the windows as part of a "mandatory package that all of their trucks received". I was okay with that since I was going to get those done anyway, so no harm. But still... Anyway, if you haven't gotten yours yet, keep your head up - the wait is worth it!

Sponsored
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Community Association Management
Congrats! Do you know what type of ceramic coating you are going with and the cost?
Sort of embarrassed to say I dont know what specific product...it was part of the original sales agreement. Costs around $1k; I will make it my mission to find out the details today and let you know! I actually tossed around the idea of whether to do it or not back when I submitted the order...ultimately I decided the 1.25% pricetag was worth the small amount of insurance/protection it might provide on an $80k truck.

I'll be at the dealer around 1PM today to pickup.

astolleis

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Atlas Blue Lighting
Happy Thursday everyone!! I just heard my truck was dropped off at my dealership this morning. Final steps in progress, hopefully I’ll be driving on Saturday in my Lighting.

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER Carbonized Grey Max Tow
Occupation
Retired Attorney; Teacher
My truck has been 2 miles from my dealer since Monday at 7:30 pm. I have heard zilch. Maybe I'll get lucky and at least get my truck photo during the 11:00 am-ish Ford e-mail dump.

Last edited:

M4rked1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2007 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
My truck has been 2 miles from my dealer since Monday at 7:30 pm. I have heard zilch. Maybe I'llget lucky and at least get my truck photo during the 11:00 am-ish Ford e-mail dump.
I can see all the deliveries to my dealer and they get them from both Ayer and Brookfield, they have gotten 2 deliveries from Ayer, and nothing from Brookfield. They have a dozen vehicles sitting at the train yard along with my truck. I wish United would share their delivery schedule. Has anyone tried calling them?

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I can see all the deliveries to my dealer and they get them from both Ayer and Brookfield, they have gotten 2 deliveries from Ayer, and nothing from Brookfield. They have a dozen vehicles sitting at the train yard along with my truck. I wish United would share their delivery schedule. Has anyone tried calling them?
Negative. Give them a shout! Lol.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Can you see deliveries to other dealers? United won't let a nom-dealer sign up.

FordEVTruck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@TaxmanHog and fellow 8/22 members:
My truck was delivered to the dealer at 2:46 pm today as evidenced by United Road email. Now let’s see how long till the dealer calls me. Do I play dumb?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog and fellow 8/22 members:
My truck was delivered to the dealer at 2:46 pm today as evidenced by United Road email. Now let’s see how long till the dealer calls me. Do I play dumb?
NO, you go down there immediately and stalk in person, LOL
Sponsored