• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 9/12 Lightning Build Week Group

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Come on @sonny2244 !!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/12 Lightning Build Week Group 1667133779130

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/12 Lightning Build Week Group 1667133808876
Sponsored

JackBurtonJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
My FCSP shipped Friday and is due in Oregon on Tuesday.
How were you notified it shipped? Are you working directly with SunRun for install?

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
How were you notified it shipped? Are you working directly with SunRun for install?
Got email Friday, saying delivery is Tuesday. No SunRun in OR. I prepped for it (breaker, conduit, wire, etc...), so when I get a dry day I will install it.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Got email Friday, saying delivery is Tuesday. No SunRun in OR. I prepped for it (breaker, conduit, wire, etc...), so when I get a dry day I will install it.
Received it early today!

Sponsored

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Acquired. Close the books on Saul.
What kind of charges did the dealer apply?

Update, finally got to see my truck today. Might take delivery tomorrow
Do you know the total price with dealer charges?

Trying to figure out where my dealer is coming up with an extra $1800 plus. Paying cash. Telling me the two deposits of $500 and $100 are refunded by Ford, not applied at sale. That does not seem correct.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
What kind of charges did the dealer apply?

Do you know the total price with dealer charges?

Trying to figure out where my dealer is coming up with an extra $1800 plus. Paying cash. Telling me the two deposits of $500 and $100 are refunded by Ford, not applied at sale. That does not seem correct.
They are wrong. The $500 goes to the dealer. If you used a credit card, show them the cc bill which will have the dealer name as the "payee". It does not go to Ford, that's BS.

The fees(if any) should be outlined on the buyers order. Insist they provide this to you for your review of the numbers line by line. The salesperson should be able to explain what each line is. This is std practice.

If they balk you know something's up. You're not asking for anything unusual here.

(Is the $1800 taxes and/or registration fees?)

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: Dealer received truck (finally) on 10/27. I had to leave for a weekend business trip the next morning so I went to inspect, test drive, leave deposit, and get a signed purchase order for Parsons CU.

Email signed purchase order/agreement to Parsons. Touch base with Loan Officer Friday(while traveling) he approves and send it to funding Monday. Loan was finalized Monday with digital signatures and check was overnight ship to dealer.

Check arrived yesterday, went in yesterday afternoon to sign final papers and picked up truck. It was a long process for sure..more than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

My dealership experience was great (Metro Ford in Schenectady NY). I highly recommend. No games, no BS, MSRP price. Only add on was $150 for them to do DMV paperwork. They apperantely have the system figured out as they had 8 initial MY22 allocations, then 7 additional MY22 Lariat trim allocations. They also now have a couple "stock" SR Lariat trucks.

They will honor MSRP for ordered vehicles..the "stock" vehicles they do have at a significant markup(ADM)-- $10-15k over msrp, so I cannot recommend them for that. But for ordering from Ford(at MSRP) I highly recommend.

I initially had my reservation at another dealer who refused to answer repeated attempts to get information. I switched to Metro and I am totally convinced that is why I am driving a Lightning today vs still waiting. My opinion, if your dealer will not talk to you its a red flag for issues to come. Find a new dealer and switch pronto.

If interested in Metro, send me a PM..I'd be happy to pass along my salesperson's contact info.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/12 Lightning Build Week Group 20221101_160125

Last edited:

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
They are wrong. The $500 goes to the dealer. If you used a credit card, show them the cc bill which will have the dealer name as the "payee". It does not go to Ford, that's BS.

The fees(if any) should be outlined on the buyers order. Insist they provide this to you for your review of the numbers line by line. The salesperson should be able to explain what each line is. This is std practice.

If they balk you know something's up. You're not asking for anything unusual here.

(Is the $1800 taxes and/or registration fees?)
Thanks for that! Found the credit card statements with charges to my dealer, for the $100 and $500 deposits. I understand how the fees should be outlined. The dealer finance guy told me on the phone to bring a check for $X, and I asked for details. He then said we should sit down and review. I specifically asked about the $600 in deposits, and he said I had to go to Ford for those. Going in a bit, and I will straighten them out. It shouldn't be difficult, but they tend to make it so.

EDIT-So, I had two finance guys on the phone, and they said they "found" my $100 deposit, but not my $500 deposit. I gave them the date of the charge, and I hear "Oh, yea,there it is!" It pays to say on top of details. My number makes sense now (for the most part).

Last edited:

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for that! Found the credit card statements with charges to my dealer, for the $100 and $500 deposits. I understand how the fees should be outlined. The dealer finance guy told me on the phone to bring a check for $X, and I asked for details. He then said we should sit down and review. I specifically asked about the $600 in deposits, and he said I had to go to Ford for those. Going in a bit, and I will straighten them out. It shouldn't be difficult, but they tend to make it so.

EDIT-So, I had two finance guys on the phone, and they said they "found" my $100 deposit, but not my $500 deposit. I gave them the date of the charge, and I hear "Oh, yea,there it is!" It pays to say on top of details. My number makes sense now (for the most part).
"Oh..there it is"

Thats code for they thought they could squeeze an extra $500 out of you...

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/12 Lightning Build Week Group 1667746898167

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/12 Lightning Build Week Group 1667746927713

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Heated steering wheel no longer works, anyone else experience the same issue?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Heated steering wheel no longer works, anyone else experience the same issue?
Have you tried remote start? (works for me)
Scheduled Departure, preconditioning? (does not work since most recent Power UP)
Or simply not working while driving and you switch on manually (Usually works)
Sponsored