• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
These are just my "Opinions"
  1. Kind of like trying to pick which kid you like more. Both have their Pro's and Con's
  2. Ride - Lighting. Actually it's not that close from a comfort basis
  3. Ride - R1T. Actually it's not that close from a Sporty/Handling basis/feel
  4. Interior - Lightning. I just like the APPLE CAR Play and XM Radio, Seats, Cup Holders, Fold Down Spot for My Laptop and more. For me the R1T might be more contemporary but it's less usable for my purposes.
  5. Exterior - R1T. Looks more futuristic
  6. Size - Personal preference.... I'd tip toward the R1T as for trailering or as someone said a "Snowplow" I don't think either is a good choice for me. But for parking and maneuverability the R1T has the edge.
  7. Frunk - Lightning. Mostly because of the lower threshold.
  8. Power Supplies - Lightning both inside and outside the cab. 230v USB, charging etc...
  9. Performance - R1T. Not even close. The Lighting is quick, but the RT1 is that and fast.
  10. Off Road - R1T. Haven't done it and probably won't ever do what some here would consider a real off road work out.
  11. Less Road Noise Wind Noise - Win - Lightning. By a fair margin, some of which might be because of the suspension on the Ford.
  12. Which one to Keep----- I'll decide over the next week or so. I was offered $118,000 for the R1T and in spite of the plusses and minuses I'm not sure I want to part with it.
So depending on the daily use and your preferences either one can be a winner, but it doesn't make the other a loser.

Ford F-150 Lightning 🥊 My Rivian R1T vs my Lightning comparison review F150 Lightning vs Rivian R1T review comparison 4

Ford F-150 Lightning 🥊 My Rivian R1T vs my Lightning comparison review F150 Lightning vs Rivian R1T review comparison 1

Ford F-150 Lightning 🥊 My Rivian R1T vs my Lightning comparison review F150 Lightning vs Rivian R1T review comparison 2

Ford F-150 Lightning 🥊 My Rivian R1T vs my Lightning comparison review F150 Lightning vs Rivian R1T review comparison 3
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Congratulations twice!! Have a lot of fun trying to decide. Don’t forget serviceability!

Jerry The Cowboy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on order
Occupation
High End Home Electronics
I am so stoked for you!
How amazing to walk out of your house and have to make that choice every day (or hour?? I would be looking for excuses to go somewhere!)
A big part of the joy is getting tired of one and then driving the other. But your description says you have many cars. Seven would be great, one for each day of the week.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
That’s like $200k on the driveway there lol.

If you were to keep one, I would one 100% keep the Rivian. For the original price it was sold at, it’s a better deal than the Lightning Pro. They massively underpriced that truck.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
  1. Kind of like trying to pick which kid you like more. Both have their Pro's and Con's
  4. Interior - Lightning. I just like the APPLE CAR Play and XM Radio, Seats, Cup Holders, Fold Down Spot for My Laptop and more. For me the R1T might be more contemporary but it's less usable for my purposes.
  6. Size - Personal preference.... I'd tip toward the R1T as for trailering or as someone said a "Snowplow" I don't think either is a good choice for me. But for parking and maneuverability the R1T has the edge.
  8. Power Supplies - Lightning both inside and outside the cab. 230v USB, charging etc...
  9. Performance - R1T. Not even close. The Lighting is quick, but the RT1 is that and fast.
  10. Off Road - R1T. Haven't done it and probably won't ever do what some here would consider a real off road work out.
  11. Less Road Noise Wind Noise - Win - Lightning. By a fair margin, some of which might be because of the suspension on the Ford.
  12. Which one to Keep----- I'll decide over the next week or so. I was offered $118,000 for the R1T and in spite of the plusses and minuses I'm not sure I want to part with it.
So depending on the daily use and your preferences either one can be a winner, but it doesn't make the other a loser.

F150 Lightning vs Rivian R1T review comparison 4.jpeg

F150 Lightning vs Rivian R1T review comparison 1.jpeg

F150 Lightning vs Rivian R1T review comparison 2.jpg

F150 Lightning vs Rivian R1T review comparison 3.jpg
One question. Rivian has already had one recall...if they recall your vehicle for some reason, where does it go to have the fix action?

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer

You realize if you give up the Lightning... I'll be first in line asking for it. :)

As far as looks. I LOVE the fact that it's nearly identical to the ICE version. If it looked any different, it wouldn't be an F-150.

The only way I'll accept a futuristic F-150 is if the ICE version gets the same look.

Just a reminder, dibs on the Lightning if you decide on the RT1.

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape

Did the dealership offer you 118k for the R1T or another party?

Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
so the road noise is less in the lightning? That's nice. I did read they tried to soundproof it some. it can tell a huge difference on the highway between our Subaru Outback and the M-B GL350. The sound dampening in the GL is outstanding. How much do they two vehicles vary in overall length and width? It is noticeable parking, etc?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
What’s interesting is the
And as parents we also know that while you love all your kids equally…there’s one you definitely like more.

So which one is it?

Wolfpackfx4

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Sooooo…. How much you want for the Lightning….
And boy are you going to get a nice tax refund next year, hopefully some fun accessories.