• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
MUCH Better! We put some new wheels/tires on the Lightning today. These are 20x9 Niche Vice Wheels with P275/60R20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. And of course some new Gorilla Lugs.

If anybody wants this setup or a similar setup, let me know. We can ship these to your door.

One thing to note about our Lightnings... these trucks are HEAVY! We were only able to get the front 2 on in our shop. We have a 1.5 ton jack we use (and a 2.5 ton on display that we sell but it's new so we were not about to use it). It took 2 of us to pull down on the jack when we lifted the rear but even still this truck is SO HEAVY that the jack couldn't lift it as high as we needed to.

We took it a few blocks down to the local tire shop and even those guys had to use TWO floor jacks to lift the rear up. They did love the truck. Spent more time talking about the truck then they did swapping the two factory wheels off for us.

Ford F-150 Lightning Niche Vice Wheels & Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires on F-150 Lightning Wheels1

Ford F-150 Lightning Niche Vice Wheels & Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires on F-150 Lightning Wheels2

Ford F-150 Lightning Niche Vice Wheels & Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires on F-150 Lightning Wheels3

Ford F-150 Lightning Niche Vice Wheels & Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires on F-150 Lightning Wheels4

Ford F-150 Lightning Niche Vice Wheels & Nitto Terra Grappler G2 Tires on F-150 Lightning Wheels5
Sponsored

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Very Nice! Looks like 20’s are perfect! What’s the offset and load rating on those wheels??

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Did you happen to get a weight of the new rim/tire combo?

Do they protrude more than stock? Curious about the aero impact.

Also, I really want to see some 18s (or even 17s if they clear the brakes and meet the load requirements) with some meaty tires if you happen to have some in stock.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation

Also, I really want to see some 18s (or even 17s if they clear the brakes and meet the load requirements) with some meaty tires if you happen to have some in stock.
No to the above lol. We're not a wheel shop so we don't have lots of wheels/tires sitting around to try out things.

They stick out a TINY bit more then stuck. I believe these have a +35 offset

Sponsored

Brandonhatch

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
MUCH Better! We put some new wheels/tires on the Lightning today. These are 20x9 Niche Vice Wheels with P275/60R20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. And of course some new Gorilla Lugs.

If anybody wants this setup or a similar setup, let me know. We can ship these to your door.

One thing to note about our Lightnings... these trucks are HEAVY! We were only able to get the front 2 on in our shop. We have a 1.5 ton jack we use (and a 2.5 ton on display that we sell but it's new so we were not about to use it). It took 2 of us to pull down on the jack when we lifted the rear but even still this truck is SO HEAVY that the jack couldn't lift it as high as we needed to.

We took it a few blocks down to the local tire shop and even those guys had to use TWO floor jacks to lift the rear up. They did love the truck. Spent more time talking about the truck then they did swapping the two factory wheels off for us.

Wheels1.jpg

Wheels2.jpg

Wheels3.jpg

Wheels4.jpg

Wheels5.jpg
Looks clean! Couple questions:
What color white is that? Oxford or Star?
What would a set up like that cost?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Looks clean! Couple questions:
What color white is that? Oxford or Star?
What would a set up like that cost?
That's Star White.

The wheels are $392 each
Tires are $277 each

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
What is the road nice like vs. stock?
Honeslty they feel the same. I DO feel a little difference with the tires BUT today was the first day I also drove the lightning in a decent amount of rain. We had a nice heavy rain today so it was different from all the other times.

Doesn't help it was the first time it rained since I got the lightning AND the first time with new tires/wheels. Felt great though

Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
No to the above lol. We're not a wheel shop so we don't have lots of wheels/tires sitting around to try out things.

They stick out a TINY bit more then stuck. I believe these have a +35 offset
All good. Do you guys have any LED valve stem offerings you could report back on? Preferably in bright white.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Are you able to have a look and guess if the aftermarket (I.e Amp, or the ford ICE OEM) power running boards will fit, if there's enough space in-between the cab and the frame for the motors?

SeanOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Raptor ‘21 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
Saw the truck yesterday when @4x4TruckLEDs.com got the wheels on, it looks even better in person. I picked up a Retrax cover from him and will be back for more once my truck arrives. Very nice shop and good people.

Last edited:
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales

Ah someone has the same idea as myself. Smaller wheel larger tire, get some weight out and add some comfort.
Sponsored