• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Like many others, I always enjoy Marques Brownlee content and his style/approach on his videos. His new review on the Lightning is no different and I think it's a great watch.

Enjoy!

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Iā€™ve now watched 999,999,999 videos of the Lightning. Why do people always refer to tailgating and then suggest calling it frontgate? We tailgate. We donā€™t backgate. If we call it anything at all, it would be nose-gating. Not front-gate. Not frunk-gate. Nosegate if you want to go that route.

But even that is wrong. Know why we call it tailgating? Because there's a tailgate! That thing that folds down to allow you into the bed, that thing. We dont have that up front. We dont have any gate. So stop trying to make it a thing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some kids to yell at to get off my lawn.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Iā€™ve now watched 999,999,999 videos of the Lightning. Why do people always refer to tailgating and then suggest calling it frontgate? We tailgate. We donā€™t backgate. If we call it anything at all, it would be nose-gating. Not front-gate. Not frunk-gate. Nosegate if you want to go that route.

But even that is wrong. Know why we call it tailgating? Because there's a tailgate! That thing that folds down to allow you into the bed, that thing. We dont have that up front. We dont have any gate. So stop trying to make it a thing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some kids to yell at to get off my lawn.
Listen here old man, you are going to frunk-gate, and you are going to LIKE it!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
These reviewers need something new to reviewā€¦..

Like the Build, Shipping, and Delivery timelines ā€¦ā€¦

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Like many others, I always enjoy Marques Brownlee content and his style/approach on his videos. His new review on the Lightning is no different and I think it's a great watch.

Enjoy!

Lots of people who have tailgate parties before an event don't even own a truck, so to me, the term is universal.

I think people like looking for variations in names just to make the connection to what became before it... like Watergate has spawned lots of (Something)Gates over the years. When the iPhone 4 came out, and the signal strength got weaker if you held it a certain way, it was "AntennaGate".

By that same logic, if there was a recall of the tailgates on F-150's because of a defect, it would be called TailGateGate. :)

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT | 2018 Tesla Model 3
Some of yā€™all are some grumpy motherfrunkers. :)
Sponsored