• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Update May 4:

The Owner's Manual is Now Available!
- [Download PDF]
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
I check daily for the workshop and wiring diagrams to be posted. Hopefully both will be soon. I did learn that the max towing is basically an extra compressor and chiller. No information about the programming of the system(which is what we really want to know about).

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
This manual is still not available, but I just see in a FB group that the manual is available in the Ford Pass app. So check it out there if interested. Go to the Service Tab, then Reference Guide, then Owner's Manual and last select the Owners Manual with a date of 5/4/22.

Will have some light reading to do tonight.

Sponsored

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
So for everyone that has a VIN. Were you able to add it to the Ford Pass App? I keep trying and it tells me "Sorry, FordPass ins't responding. Please try again later" I have tried now for a few days over the past week and keep getting this message. Anyone else get this or have any advice?

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
So for everyone that has a VIN. Were you able to add it to the Ford Pass App? I keep trying and it tells me "Sorry, FordPass ins't responding. Please try again later" I have tried now for a few days over the past week and keep getting this message. Anyone else get this or have any advice?
Had no issue as soon as VIN was issued. No clue on how to help, sorry.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I could not add it through mobile app (same error as you), but could add it online via browser. It shows up in Ford pass now.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I could not add it through mobile app (same error as you), but could add it online via browser. It shows up in Ford pass now.
That worked! Thanks for the help.

I was able to add it in the browser. It added fine there. Then I logged out of the app and back in again and boom, it was there. I can see the owner's manual now.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Some tidbits for battery health:

Frequent use of DC charging could result in reducing your battery's efficiency and lifespan. This is more pronounced on the standard range battery pack versus the extended range battery pack
I may assume the reason for this is because the standard range has less buffer to get that 230 miles.

We recommend you set your preferred charging times to be at least 2-3 hours after your typical plug in time. This allows the battery to cool before charging begins. Additionally, setting the maximum charge level to be less than 100% for everyday usage reduces strain on the battery.

Storing your vehicle in temperatures between 32°F (0°C) and 113°F (45°C) is the most beneficial range for the high voltage battery. At temperatures just above the freezing point or lower, plug in your vehicle to maintain battery performance and maximize driving range.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
This manual is still not available, but I just see in a FB group that the manual is available in the Ford Pass app. So check it out there if interested. Go to the Service Tab, then Reference Guide, then Owner's Manual and last select the Owners Manual with a date of 5/4/22.

Will have some light reading to do tonight.
Mine still showed ice manual

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Does not show up on my Ford Pass App

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
There are multiple copies on the FordPass app - at least for me. Look for the file with a date of 5/4/22. Never the less it is posted above and many other places already. It is not easy to read on the app.

robert5090

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, 2022 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Sales
Mine accepted it today. It shows up with the option to Activate. I've pressed it hoping a carrier will hit yes on the prompt!
Sponsored