• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 Lightning - B&O stereo : good sound / performance? upgrading?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Discussion and experience for the B&O stereo. How does it perform. How have you improved it? Replaced speakers? Sub? I'm going to start a few topics I hope to see some feedback on from owners. We are losing a lot of good discussion in delivery threads that will some day die off. It will be nice if we can have a place of on going discussions of certain features.
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Both B&O systems should be exactly the same as the ICE versions unless I'm missing something. Mods should also be the same, with the exception of the size of the 12 volt battery.

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
It sounds great! Enjoyed it in the lariat yesterday over apple car play. Reminds me of Tesla’s stereo in a lot of ways. Didn’t play any rap/hip hop in it, but great for rock/indie.

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
It sounds great! Enjoyed it in the lariat yesterday over apple car play. Reminds me of Tesla’s stereo in a lot of ways. Didn’t play any rap/hip hop in it, but great for rock/indie.
Is it comparable to the B&O unleashed?

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
I think for 80k, ford should have included the unleashed version...that should have been a no Brainer for the lightning Lariat. I've heard lots of good things about how the unleashed version is, but not paying 90k to get it. I mean come on...80k is alot of money for a truck...give us unleashed sound system Ford! Make us say "Hell-Ya!" "Thats what I'm talkn bout"...when we crank it up on the dealer lot!

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I hope AM radio is still included as that is my primary news channel.

Battalion3419

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I hope AM radio is still included as that is my primary news channel.
Hence one of the reasons for the big antenna on the front - it gives much better AM reception

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I hope my ears hear what yours did. I wasn't seeing a lot of positive response about the 8 speaker system in the ICE forums. Tesla has done this right. I wish Ford would quit paying royalties for name sakes. Just build it in house, build it good and people will love it. Putting a big name on it, charing stupid markups for it and then not delivering is hurting both brands.

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
I think for 80k, ford should have included the unleashed version...that should have been a no Brainer for the lightning Lariat. I've heard lots of good things about how the unleashed version is, but not paying 90k to get it. I mean come on...80k is alot of money for a truck...give us unleashed sound system Ford! Make us say "Hell-Ya!" "Thats what I'm talkn bout"...when we crank it up on the dealer lot!
Haven’t heard the unleashed version to compare, but it reminded me a lot of my model S.

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
I hope my ears hear what yours did. I wasn't seeing a lot of positive response about the 8 speaker system in the ICE forums. Tesla has done this right. I wish Ford would quit paying royalties for name sakes. Just build it in house, build it good and people will love it. Putting a big name on it, charing stupid markups for it and then not delivering is hurting both brands.
Yeah I have a buddy at work that has the lariat standard b&o and he says he's not impressed with it...
I've not heard the b&o myself so sont judge based on what I haven't heard.

Reactions: GDN

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
B&O in my 2 door Bronco was awful. The only reason I got Lux was for B&O and heated steering wheel. Sound was terrible and it was more like a slightly warm wheel. My Sierra HD and BMW are fine.

• Sad
Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Most of the ICE forum is disappointed with B&O - specifically the 8 speaker system and truly most even for Unleashed, for the upgraded price. It takes some tweaking and playing high quality music to get much of anything out of it.

I don't typically spend much aftermarket on a vehicle, but I can see this needing some help. You can do a lot with reasonably priced speakers as long as they put a decent amp in the head unit to drive them.
Sponsored