• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
To be objective this is not a good sign. There were over 200,000 reservations placed before that option was discontinued. After deliving approx. 15,000 Lightnings in 2022 by mid-year 2023 the order banks are open for all - no reservation needed. Probably about 7,500 have been sold this year means the conversion rate rate from initial reservation holders less than 15%. Rising prices, rising interest rates certainly not helping out but those numbers are pretty staggering. I'm happy with mine ('22, 19,000 miles) - still debating worth 2 hours of charge time from Maryland to Maine this summer.
I just drove from DC to Colonial Williamsburg, VA for a conference. Charged at Electrify America in nearby Newport News while I shopped for some snacks at WalMart. Figured the net add to my trip was about 20 minutes since i would have gone foraging for snacks anyways (and did not want to pay resort prices).
Sponsored

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Just got this update on the pricing (5-9-2023):

Christopher,

Well sure enough we got our pricing updates for the Lightning in a doc first thing this AM.

The Pro trim stayed the same, starting at $59,974

The XLT Standard Range 311A went up $1000, now starting at $64,474
The XLT Standard Range 312A stated the same, starting at $68,474
The XLT Extended Range 312A decreased by $2000, now starting at $78,874 (and notching in under the $80K EV credit cap).

Lariat 510A Standard Range went up $1000, now starting at $76,974
Lariat 511A Extended Range stayed the same, starting at $85,974

Platinum stayed the same, starting at $98,074.

Last but not least, the Max Trailer Tow Package (available only with Extended Range Battery) increased $100 to $1100.

Let me know any additional thoughts or questions you have and how I can further assist!

Sincerely,

Mike Powers
Inventory and Fleet Manager
Ourisman Ford Lincoln of Alexandria
6129 Richmond Highway
Alexandria, VA 22303
Max Tow “only available with ER battery”? Since when? Max Tow Pkg is available on SR battery pack, per B&P (and also, on my order!)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Max Tow “only available with ER battery”? Since when? Max Tow Pkg is available on SR battery pack, per B&P (and also, on my order!)
It can be added to SR battery trucks.....

My test was to see how to configure an ER truck and still make it tradesman (haulers) friendly as that's why they would also be looking for endurance AND extra cooling capacity while hauling, simple as that & nothing more implied.....

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This morning Jake reached out to me to give the high points of this ordering campaign and pricing changes.

Good morning Noel,

Sharing the news that as of this morning the F-150 Lightning will be available to order by all retail customers, with updated pricing.

Here’s what you should know:

• We are lowering the MSRP of the F-150 Lightning XLT with extended range battery by $2,100, which means it is eligible for $7,500 in federal tax credits under the Inflation Reduction Act
  • XLT standard range and Lariat standard range MSRP are both increasing by $1,000 each
  • Ford will prioritize current order holders to ensure a timely delivery of their trucks

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
It can be added to SR battery trucks.....

My test was to see how to configure an ER truck and still make it tradesman (haulers) friendly as that's why they would also be looking for endurance AND extra cooling capacity while hauling, simple as that & nothing more implied.....
My comment referred to the incorrect info from the Ourisman Ford message in chl’s post:
“Last but not least, the Max Trailer Tow Package (available only with Extended Range Battery) increased $100 to $1100.”

Sponsored

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
Disappointed they didn't lower the price of the Lariat ER at all.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Search for ‘22s on cars.com.
I have, there's a new 22xlt that I've been eyeing that's only $4k more than my truck, or at least that's what they are showing online. I'm guessing they are asking a huge markup or it would have sold by now.

JTWIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
How long before is the wait once you place an order

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
How long before is the wait once you place an order
60-90 days, depends on production resources and batch scheduling.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
60-90 days, depends on production resources and batch scheduling.
Man lucky bastards that are just now ordering and don't have to wait 18+ months.
Too bad the price is almost $20k higher than my pro order or I'd be less concerned about not picking mine up and then ordering later.

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Does this mean there is no longer a backlog? I am about to take delivery for a Pro that I have to try and price adjust and looking at inventory and some used ones I am almost get a used Lariat down to the price of a new Pro (if they sold them)
Used .... lose the $7500 tax credit

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I am in this same boat. My Pro was orderd @ $53K total price (I dont get 22 pricing) and looking at used XLT are getting into the $55-57 range. I don't know if losing a year of the warranty is worth it. Also there the tax credit to consider. I will be watching prices closely until my truck gets delivered.
Sponsored