• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin

Attachments

Last edited:

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Here's your first look at the 2023 F-150 Lighting Order Guide!

[August 9, 2022 - DOWNLOAD PDF]

2023 F-150 Lightning Order Guide.jpg
Hmm this says no mechanical change but range increased by 10 miles on the SR. Anybody else think this is some sort of software update to reduce the buffer? Potentially coming to the 22 trucks as well?

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Hmm this says no mechanical change but range increased by 10 miles on the SR. Anybody else think this is some sort of software update to reduce the buffer? Potentially coming to the 22 trucks as well?
Where does it say anything about Range. Numbers are TBD.

If you take the efficiency of how a extended range gets 320, then the standard range should got 240. Was never sure how that standard range ended up with just 230.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Ford put out a press release saying it has raised the range of SR batteries.

Thanks. Didn't see. I think this is likely just massaging the EPA data, since the usable battery pack is still 98kWh. Gotta have something to hide those price increases :)

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Bye bye AM radio. Does this mean the big antenna is gone?
Unfortunately, I do not think so. I noticed that when I removed my antenna for the car wash that I did not have good FM reception until the antenna was reinstalled.

Sponsored

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
How the heck do they remove AM radio only? I can’t imagine there was a chip being avoided that removes a constraint.
Yeah, that part is confusing to me, since the justification for the 'whip' antenna is AM radio in middle-america. I almost wonder if there was an AM-ONLY option for fleets that got removed? That perhaps just got replaced with AM/FM?

Unfortunately, I do not think so. I noticed that when I removed my antenna for the car wash that I did not have good FM reception until the antenna was reinstalled.
Yeah, just removing it makes it pretty bad, but the 'shorties' that get sold everywhere seem to do a 1/2 decent job unless you live far from reception. Mine was 'worse' (and I'm in a roughish area for FM anyway) with the shorty, but still good enough for my uses.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
Heated seats as standard caused the change.
Sponsored