• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
FORD F-150 LIGHTNING STANDARD RANGE INCREASED TO EPA-ESTIMATED 240 MILES; INDUSTRY-FIRST PRO TRAILER HITCH ASSIST NOW AVAILABLE; ORDER BANKS RE-OPEN WITH UPDATED PRICING

AUG 9, 2022 | DEARBORN, MICH.

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 9, 2022 – Ford is reopening order banks on Thursday for the next wave of reservation holders of the popular F-150 Lightning, adding new improvements including boosting its standard range battery models to an EPA-estimated targeted range of 240 miles1 and adding Pro Trailer Hitch Assist technology. 2

An industry first, Pro Trailer Hitch AssistTM automatically controls steering, throttle and brake inputs to make hitching trailers easier. Pro Trailer Hitch Assist is standard on the Tow Technology Package, which is available on Pro, XLT and Lariat trims and standard on certain Lariat trims and the Platinum trim.

Starting in the fall, vehicles built with the standard range battery, available on Pro, XLT and Lariat trims, will have a targeted EPA-estimated range of 240 miles – up from 230 miles.

F-150 Lightning customers can choose two new colors among the 10 available options – Avalanche Gray and Azure Gray metallic tri-coat. Those colors replace Atlas Blue, Ice Blue Silver and Smoked Quartz Metallic, which are not available on models built starting this fall.

The new Ford ProTM Special Service Vehicle Package is now available on F-150 Lightning Pro models for fleet customers. The package includes police-grade heavy-duty cloth front seats, built-in steel intrusion plates and available roof-mounted LED warning beacons.

Ford is adjusting the MSRP on the F-150 Lightning for the first time since it was revealed in May 2021 and has honored MSRP for all customer orders to date. Due to significant material cost increases and other factors, Ford has adjusted MSRP starting with the opening of the next wave of F-150 Lightning orders.

Lightning reservation holders who previously received an invitation to order, but who elected to extend their reservation because their vehicle specification was unavailable, will receive a private offer for use in upcoming waves.

“Current order holders awaiting delivery are not impacted by these price adjustments,” Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer, Model e, said. “We’ve announced pricing ahead of re-opening order banks so our reservation holders can make an informed decision around ordering a Lightning.”

The all-electric F-150 Lightning pickup, part of the Ford F-Series, the best-selling truck in America for 45 years3, officially launched in April 2022. The first customer deliveries began in May with over 4,400 sold year to date.

F-150 LightningMSRP
Pro $ 46,974
XLT $ 59,474
XLT High $ 68,474
XLT High / Extended Range $ 80,974
Lariat $74,474
Lariat Extended Range $ 85,974
Platinum Extended Range $ 96,874

MSRP excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge.
Sponsored

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
The range increase is interesting, I wonder how they managed that.

>> F-150 Lightning customers can choose two new colors among the 10 available options – Avalanche Gray and Azure Gray metallic tri-coat. Those colors replace Atlas Blue, Ice Blue Silver and Smoked Quartz Metallic, which are not available on models built starting this fall.

Wonderful! They've taken 3 of the more interesting colors away, in exchange for MORE greys!

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Lightning reservation holders who previously received an invitation to order, but who elected to extend their reservation because their vehicle specification was unavailable, will receive a private offer for use in upcoming waves.
Any bets on what the "Private Offer" will be for those like me who extended their reservation? I'd guess they split the difference between old and new pricing?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
The range increase is interesting, I wonder how they managed that.

>> F-150 Lightning customers can choose two new colors among the 10 available options – Avalanche Gray and Azure Gray metallic tri-coat. Those colors replace Atlas Blue, Ice Blue Silver and Smoked Quartz Metallic, which are not available on models built starting this fall.

Wonderful! They've taken 3 of the more interesting colors away, in exchange for MORE greys!
It doesn't look like anything else has changed specifications wise. Theoretically throttle mapping could have which would have an impact or tuning of climate controls (battery & HVAC) but I would imagine it would be much easier to have one software package for the trim level.

My best guess is it could be from testing. They increased the ER last year, they could have just held off on the results/reporting for marketing purposes this year.

Sponsored

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Any clue if this is a software upgrade? Wonder if my pro will eventually get a bump…

tough break though to see such a price hike on the pro, but predictable…

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
It doesn't look like anything else has changed specifications wise. Theoretically throttle mapping could have which would have an impact or tuning of climate controls (battery & HVAC) but I would imagine it would be much easier to have one software package for the trim level.

My best guess is it could be from testing. They increased the ER last year, they could have just held off on the results/reporting for marketing purposes this year.
I wonder if the EPA increase will come to MY22s via a software update. I'm assuming it's the same battery pack and it's more about software tweaks.

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
FORD F-150 LIGHTNING STANDARD RANGE INCREASED TO EPA-ESTIMATED 240 MILES; INDUSTRY-FIRST PRO TRAILER HITCH ASSIST NOW AVAILABLE; ORDER BANKS RE-OPEN WITH UPDATED PRICING

AUG 9, 2022 | DEARBORN, MICH.

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 9, 2022 – Ford is reopening order banks on Thursday for the next wave of reservation holders of the popular F-150 Lightning, adding new improvements including boosting its standard range battery models to an EPA-estimated targeted range of 240 miles1 and adding Pro Trailer Hitch Assist technology. 2

An industry first, Pro Trailer Hitch AssistTM automatically controls steering, throttle and brake inputs to make hitching trailers easier. Pro Trailer Hitch Assist is standard on the Tow Technology Package, which is available on Pro, XLT and Lariat trims and standard on certain Lariat trims and the Platinum trim.

Starting in the fall, vehicles built with the standard range battery, available on Pro, XLT and Lariat trims, will have a targeted EPA-estimated range of 240 miles – up from 230 miles.

F-150 Lightning customers can choose two new colors among the 10 available options – Avalanche Gray and Azure Gray metallic tri-coat. Those colors replace Atlas Blue, Ice Blue Silver and Smoked Quartz Metallic, which are not available on models built starting this fall.

The new Ford ProTM Special Service Vehicle Package is now available on F-150 Lightning Pro models for fleet customers. The package includes police-grade heavy-duty cloth front seats, built-in steel intrusion plates and available roof-mounted LED warning beacons.

Ford is adjusting the MSRP on the F-150 Lightning for the first time since it was revealed in May 2021 and has honored MSRP for all customer orders to date. Due to significant material cost increases and other factors, Ford has adjusted MSRP starting with the opening of the next wave of F-150 Lightning orders.

“Current order holders awaiting delivery are not impacted by these price adjustments,” Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer, Model e, said. “We’ve announced pricing ahead of re-opening order banks so our reservation holders can make an informed decision around ordering a Lightning.”

The all-electric F-150 Lightning pickup, part of the Ford F-Series, the best-selling truck in America for 45 years3, officially launched in April 2022. The first customer deliveries began in May with over 4,400 sold year to date.

F-150 LightningMSRP
Pro$ 46,974
XLT$ 59,474
XLT High$ 68,474
XLT High / Extended Range$ 80,974
Lariat$74,474
Lariat Extended Range$ 85,974
Platinum Extended Range$ 96,874

MSRP excludes destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge.
Big mistake with the XLT Extended range- over $80K so not eligible for the $7500 rebate- I hope that Ford will change that, otherwise the extended range battery is an even bigger cost.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Any clue if this is a software upgrade? Wonder if my pro will eventually get a bump…

tough break though to see such a price hike on the pro, but predictable…
Darren Palmer has said multiple times that Ford expects to extend the range in future years thru OTA updates. They did this with the MME as well.

I anticipate once they get more data about battery health, failure rates(hopefully low), etc. they will unlock a bit more range

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Big mistake with the XLT Extended range- over $80K so not eligible for the $7500 rebate- I hope that Ford will change that, otherwise the extended range battery is an even bigger cost.
Maybe it's on purpose so people are more likely to buy the SR and use up fewer of Ford's limited battery supply.

Sponsored

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Darren Palmer has said multiple times that Ford expects to extend the range in future years thru OTA updates. They did this with the MME as well.

I anticipate once they get more data about battery health, failure rates(hopefully low), etc. they will unlock a bit more range
Yeah it sounds like they’re trying to soften the blow of the $8k bump on a pro….

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure the range really changed, my sense is it was underestimated for 2022 given some of the tests.

I can't believe how much the prices have increased on the higher trims.

My fully loaded Lariat ER was 80,589 with spray in bed liner.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Yeah it sounds like they’re trying to soften the blow of the $8k bump on a pro….

They've been saying this for a long time..but yes I think the 240mi bump happening NOW is a psychological tactic to soften the negatives. I do still think the PRO is an amazing deal even at $47k.

Show me another 400hp truck for less than $50k...

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Hopefully the big price bump on the Pro means they're actually going to be willing to sell some.

They were a loss-leader before in the sense that they were at way, WAY lower margin than the rest of the line-up, so maybe now they're at a more acceptable margin and they'll be willing to build more than a handful of them.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
They've been saying this for a long time..but yes I think the 240mi bump happening NOW is a psychological tactic to soften the negatives. I do still think the PRO is an amazing deal even at $47k.

Show me another 400hp truck for less than $50k...
Yeah, Pro is still a great deal, but obviously people are understandably disappointed (again) that Ford only actually sold a few hundred retail Pros at the original, ultra-hyped price.

Probably only 1% of reservation holders who wanted a Pro originally actually got one at the $40k price. (25% of 200,000 reservations = 50,000. 50,000/500 Pros = 1%)
Sponsored