• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 FORD F-150 LIGHTNING ORDER BANK OPEN - What does that mean?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yeah, I need a video to know what it means. o_O

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
actually, unlike the thread's TITLE, there is no 'order banks' opening for any Lightnings - there's not even any RESERVATIONS opening for any Lightnings... this is simply the 2023 Pricing and info for those old reservations holders who 'might' get an invitation to order a 23 model... which will still only by a TINY amount of the outstanding reservations ...

it's not fun, but it's just part of the business of 'new' EVs hitting the market at a time when there is such pent-up demand for new vehicles, and the EV equation is now starting to make sense. Ford can only ramp up production 'so' fast - there is no 'magic' button to go from 20,000 vehicles to 100,00 vehicles overnight, maybe not even in a whole year.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Thanks Tim. Very well explained as per your normal standards.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ford need a new(better) communications department...

@FordVideoGuy (Tim)-- thanks for everything you do. Its great someone can articulate clearly what is going on.
YES !

Ford does need a much better email & automated updates for their customers.

Since I ordered, I received a total of 3 emails - production date, get ready to pickup and photo snapshot coming off the line which was 2 weeks after it shipped.

Sort of sparse isn't it ?

Wonder how much Ford puts into their IT/ISO dept ?

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I just hopped on to check my reservation, and at least they removed the "XLT" from the reservation that was added last week. I'm starved for Ford's attention, so even the smallest IT change gets me going. haha
Sponsored