• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Often wonder, where did all of these people suddenly appear that can afford $80,000 plus for a vehicle? Maybe they have been there all along and never noticed.
Not at all a surprise - when I was looking at ICE trucks during the pandemic, they were going for over MSRP.
Looked the GMC AT4 Denali trucks at $70K + $10K ADM so it's the sign of the times - inflated prices to match all that federal monies they created to pay people during the pandemic.
When the Lightning reservation came around, I jumped on it and was rewarded 430 days later with my MSRP no ADM Lightning.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It’s almost as if the NYT anticipated all the comments here. The gist of their article was that EV’s are being marketed to the wealthy and those with lesser means that could benefit the most from lower operating costs are being priced out.
This will take a few years to work its way out and for purchase pricing to move to affordable.
A policeman directing traffic at a construction site yelled at me as I drove slowly by “how did you get that truck?”. Timing and luck, I guess.
But $46k for a Pro is still affordable, the issue is Ford getting them out there. We have the Bolt below $30k.

Minus $7500 at POS

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Not at all a surprise - when I was looking at ICE trucks during the pandemic, they were going for over MSRP.
Looked the GMC AT4 Denali trucks at $70K + $10K ADM so it's the sign of the times - inflated prices to match all that federal monies they created to pay people during the pandemic.
When the Lightning reservation came around, I jumped on it and was rewarded 430 days later with my MSRP no ADM Lightning.
Sorry, what is ADM? I looked it up, but I am acronym challenged.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Wonder what the scenario would look like if you got the dealer to mark down the xlt extended range battery a 1000.00 to meet the under 80k tax break limit. Any other considerations needed?
The tax credit "limit" is based on MSRP, not selling price.

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
9:00 AM CST and the build and price page is blank. I'm guessing that every one on our forum hit the web site all at the same time! Will try again in a few hours. The price incease, while not a surprise, certainly is enough to give me and plenty of others. I was expecting $80k for a Lariat, but $90k? Might drive my avalanche another year or two and let the infrastructure build out accelerate.

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JB9FLBK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

yes, you can plug into any type of 240v outlet with the right adapter, if it's not the NEMA 14-50 that the unit is built with.... so if you have to use a Dryer outlet, whether 3prong or 4prong, you can dial the EVSE down below 30amps.
Be careful buying any unit that has no electrical safety rating. Look for ETL or UL or CSA in Canada. Grizzl-E allows setting the charge limit- I use mine on a 30A outlet with the charge limit set to 24 amps.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Sierra, 2021 Expedition
Explain to me what I am missing, in the Lariat you can't get the two technology package and get the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0? So if you get the tow package you loose adaptive cruise control, and everything else that comes with that package? How? It does not do that in the ICE Lariat?

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
Be careful buying any unit that has no electrical safety rating. Look for ETL or UL or CSA in Canada. Grizzl-E allows setting the charge limit- I use mine on a 30A outlet with the charge limit set to 24 amps.
Which Grizzl-E do you have? Is it a mobile charger or a wall mount?

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, so a big mistake for Ford not to set that XLT ER at $79,999.
Either a mistake or intentionally priced to make people order the XLT SR.

This new pricing shows that Ford is saying you can get the credit if you order the Pro or XLT SR only.

All other trims & batteries are for the "wealthy" folks who don't care about the tax credit.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
9:00 AM CST and the build and price page is blank. I'm guessing that every one on our forum hit the web site all at the same time! Will try again in a few hours. The price incease, while not a surprise, certainly is enough to give me and plenty of others. I was expecting $80k for a Lariat, but $90k? Might drive my avalanche another year or two and let the infrastructure build out accelerate.
my standard browser is Chrome... I Tried again using MS EDGE and it works fine.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Explain to me what I am missing, in the Lariat you can't get the two technology package and get the Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0? So if you get the tow package you loose adaptive cruise control, and everything else that comes with that package? How? It does not do that in the ICE Lariat?
If you want both you have to take the copilot 360 active 2.0 with tow tech

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Wonder what the scenario would look like if you got the dealer to mark down the xlt extended range battery a 1000.00 to meet the under 80k tax break limit. Any other considerations needed?
The tax credit is based on MSRP, so that wouldn't work.