• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
With MY23 ordering beginning today, I thought I would post the Order FAQ's you get on the order screen. Most will blow right by it in a rush to order so here it is. What is interesting is it explains how the dealer can still add an ADM even though it might not show up in your order summary. Spoiler: the Order summary is an estimate of the selling price. I've added emphasis to the applicable section: (Disclosure - I didn't get to order but you can see this in the backdoor page https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=10XXXXXX which is otherwise non-functional for those without an invite EDIT: backdoor closed now for those w/o invite). Note a Purchase Agreement is generated and signed at delivery.
------------------------

Reservation to Order:

What is an Online Order?

By completing the Order Process (“Order Process”), you are not purchasing a vehicle (“Vehicle”); you are placing an order request with your selected Dealer. Your agreement to purchase the Vehicle will be with your Dealer and not with Ford and will be signed at the time of delivery of the vehicle (the “Purchase Agreement”).

To complete the Order Process for a vehicle, you will be required to: (1) create and/or login to your Ford account; (2) submit required information to Ford; (3) select an authorized Ford Dealer (“Dealer”) if a Dealer was not chosen previously; and (4) pay an order deposit (“Order Deposit”) which goes directly to the Dealer.

The Order Process allows you to: (i) configure a Vehicle by selecting an available model and options, and (ii) pay an Order Deposit directly to your selected Dealer. The amount of the Order Deposit varies by Dealer. By paying an Order Deposit, you are agreeing to the Dealer’s estimated selling price for your selected vehicle as displayed in the order summary page, which may differ from the MSRP.

The Dealer’s final selling price may be subject to change—that is between you and the Dealer and will be reflected in your Purchase Agreement. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fees, government fees and taxes, trade-in, finance charges, dealer processing charge, electronic filing charge, and emission testing charges. Optional equipment is also not included.

An order request sends your vehicle configuration to your selected Dealer who will then process your order request. Dealer acceptance of an order request (the “Order”) only confirms the vehicle configuration that will be built and delivered to your Dealer. Only order requests that are accepted (either online or offline) will be selected for production scheduling. Customer vehicle delivery is subject to execution of a Purchase Agreement between you and your Dealer. If a Dealer declines your order request, you may select a new dealer.

When will I take delivery of my vehicle?

Actual delivery times may vary based on selected vehicle model and configuration, residency & demand.

Once your vehicle is scheduled to be built, you will receive further notification from Ford and/or the Dealer with updates regarding the status of your Order.

Am I ordering this vehicle directly from Ford?

Your selected Ford Dealer is placing the Order with Ford on your behalf. Your Purchase Agreement is between you and your Dealer. You do not have a contractual relationship directly with Ford.

What is the Dealer Selling Price?

The dealer selling price is the price the Dealer is willing to sell the vehicle for in a purchase transaction and corresponds to the estimated dealer selling price for the vehicle displayed in the pricing summary at the time of your online (or offline) Order. The estimated dealer selling price excludes available incentives (including AXZD-Plans pricing for qualified customers), governmental taxes and fees, title or registration fees, and dealer-installed options. All current available incentives (including AXZD-Plans Pricing), taxes and fees will be applied at time of vehicle delivery and prior to signing of the Purchase Agreement. The final selling price, including Dealer Installed Options, taxes, fees and applicable incentives, will be reflected in the Purchase Agreement.

What is an Order Deposit?

This is the deposit your Dealer will receive to process your order request. The Dealer will hold the Order Deposit in accordance with applicable law e.g. a separate non-interest bearing trust account. Order Deposit refund policies vary by Dealer. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before you place your order request.

Can I cancel, transfer or assign my Order?

You must contact your Dealer to cancel your Order and request a refund of your Order Deposit. If your Order is cancelled (by you or the Dealer), the Order Deposit will be refunded pursuant to the Dealer’s refund policy. You may not transfer or assign your Order or any other rights under the Terms and Conditions.

What happens to the Reservation Deposit?

You may request a full refund of your Reservation Deposit at any time prior to placing an order request. Once you have placed your order request and it is accepted by your Dealer, all deposits will be subject to the Dealer’s refund policy. Your Reservation Deposit may be applied by the Dealer towards the purchase price of your vehicle. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before placing your order request.

Can I change my reservation configuration before I submit my order request?

Yes, you can modify your configuration prior to the time your order request is accepted by your Dealer and becomes an Order.

Can I change or update my Order?

You must contact your Dealer to request any changes to your vehicle Order.

Can I call or visit my Dealer to place my order?

Yes, your Dealer can assist with submitting and processing your order request.

What if I would like to change my Dealership prior to order?

If you would like to change the Dealership associated with the reservation prior to ordering, please contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-334-4375.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
So much for the EV direct to customer model. If I were ordering a '23 Lightning and got told that the price I thought I was paying 6 months ago just went up by 20-30K at delivery time I'd never want to buy another Ford vehicle ever.

This FAQ basically says "there is no price protection, how badly do you want to order?"

Wow.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
You
So much for the EV direct to customer model. If I were ordering a '23 Lightning and got told that the price I thought I was paying 6 months ago just went up by 20-30K at delivery time I'd never want to buy another Ford vehicle ever.

This FAQ basically says "there is no price protection, how badly do you want to order?"

Wow.
You can thank the OEMs, the National Dealers Association (NADA) and state laws for that.

The OEMs are partially responsible for the added costs that they have pushed on dealerships to rebuild showrooms to meet certain specs even where the showrooms were only a few years old or otherwise in good shape (yes, I know McDonalds has been doing something similar with its franchisees as well).

The point is that these dealerships have incurred major capital costs just to keep the OEMs happy. Now, with less inventory and higher fixed costs to cover, the dealerships are looking for any opportunity to cover those costs.

If all of the dealerships were to go under, the adverse impact on the economy would be huge from financial defaults and bankruptcies to the associated job losses and diminished federal, state and local tax collections.

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
I put in an order for a Pro in wave 1 a couple weeks ago. I was NOT required to add the Onboard Scale w/ smart hitch DELETE. So my order has that on it right now. Will this mess up my order? Im hoping that since this is going to be built later next year, that these things will come back to being available. I read on the 1st page these impacts are through 4Q 2022, which my build would be much after that (autumn 2023).

Also isnt Ford changing the Sync4 system to Android based? so wouldnt it be called something new? I see no mention of that anywhere.

Hatchback

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
I put in an order for a Pro in wave 1 a couple weeks ago. I was NOT required to add the Onboard Scale w/ smart hitch DELETE. So my order has that on it right now. Will this mess up my order? Im hoping that since this is going to be built later next year, that these things will come back to being available. I read on the 1st page these impacts are through 4Q 2022, which my build would be much after that (autumn 2023).
I did the same when I ordered a pro a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the dealer is suppose to select the option to delete the scale and hitch when they submit the order on their end (Per Tim Bartz).

It made no sense to require the deletion then have us manually select it. If it is going to be available later then it would have made more sense to have the option to add and just note it could delay the order. But I guess they have their reasons for doing it that way.

If the pro really is not delivered until fall 2023 then maybe the scales and smart hitch will be available.

If Ford is scheduling MY23 Sept 1st maybe there is a chance some pros other that fleet pros get scheduled. Hopefully not many carry overs from 2022 for all those from 2022 still waiting. I have no clue how scheduling works though. I did read a few posts where people spoke with customer service and was told deliveries maybe sooner than fall 2023.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

Wow.
Not exactly. Once you place the online “order”, go to your dealer and execute a signed purchase agreement. The price doesn’t change after that.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not exactly. Once you place the online “order”, go to your dealer and execute a signed purchase agreement. The price doesn’t change after that.
Okay, so you get the bad news right after you've ordered then instead of having to wait 6 months.

I am so glad I have my truck and will not have to do this again.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Okay, so you get the bad news right after you've ordered then instead of having to wait 6 months.

I am so glad I have my truck and will not have to do this again.
I’d be very surprised if the purchase agreement price didn’t match what was shown online. I know it will with my dealer. If it didn’t, I’d walk.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’d be very surprised if the purchase agreement price didn’t match what was shown online. I know it will with my dealer. If it didn’t, I’d walk.
I got my truck at MSRP from my dealer after buying 9 other vehicles from them previously. When their mannequin came in about two weeks after my truck did (basically a duplicate of my truck with Max Tow) they flat out told me they were marking it up by 50K and had every expectation of getting that price.

So like I said, I'm glad I'm not faced with buying a Lightning all over again and am so glad I have the one I do.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Any idea when they will start to schedule 2023 orders for production?

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Scheduling was supposed to start last month that says, have any members been scheduled for production yet?

punkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
That also came out a while ago, I wouldn't be surprised if things changed. I would expect to start seeing scheduling soon, however.
Sponsored