• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), below is the updated schedule for the 2022/2023MY F-150 BEV Lightning.

• 04/01/2022 - 2022MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 07/28/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 10/09/2022 - 2022MY Balance Out Date

• 08/10/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/04/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins (Update Pending)
  • 10/10/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date

The 2023 F-150 BEV Lightning Order Guide will be released on or about the date that the 2023 Order Bank opens and will be available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section at that time.
All dates are subject to change.

MODERATOR:
https://shop.ford.com/configure/f150-lightning/2023/model/customize/pro?gnav=header-electrified-bp
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Thanks for posting, i called ford today and they gave me no info. Better than maverick which is September

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Probably trying to adjust pricing to keep under the new tax caps...I'd expect a Lariet ER, perhaps with an option like max tow, to come in at 79999.

emulsifide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tesla Model S P85, 2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+
What does this mean for reservation holders?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
What does this mean for reservation holders?

Honestly..no one knows for sure. Ford has not said how they intend to open up 2023s for ordering yet. Possibly waves again..but no details yet.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Probably trying to adjust pricing to keep under the new tax caps...I'd expect a Lariet ER, perhaps with an option like max tow, to come in at 79999.
22 Lariat ER is 80094 with max tow (was 79994 prior to delivery fee increase in March?). I'm not envisioning zero increase in price. Maybe add a fcsp delete option (fleets have this). Max tow seems like something that you really want, but crossing that price hurdle of 80k will make it a 7500 option. Maybe lariat ER all come in over the limit?? Or they find other features to remove.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
22 Lariat ER is 80094 with max tow (was 79994 prior to delivery fee increase in March?). I'm not envisioning zero increase in price. Maybe add a fcsp delete option (fleets have this). Max tow seems like something that you really want, but crossing that price hurdle of 80k will make it a 7500 option. Maybe lariat ER all come in over the limit?? Or they find other features to remove.
I’d remove the sunroof if I had the option

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Given the troubles with the FCSP and Sunrun, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they just stopped bundling it with anything, and perhaps bundling it with the inverter equipment instead.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Inflation alone would push the Lariat ER, with no extra options, to about $87k.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm actually more concerned about the other end of the spectrum. With the Credits likely to be there next year maybe Ford sees an opportunity to push up Pro/XLT a couple thousand more.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Highly doubt that for an ER Lariat.

My SR Lariat was $69K without any options.

Add to that the MY23 price increase, and it's probably going to come in around $74K - base Lariat without any tow package or any options....

OnTheGround

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Accord
I'm actually more concerned about the other end of the spectrum. With the Credits likely to be there next year maybe Ford sees an opportunity to push up Pro/XLT a couple thousand more.
The problem there is marketing. Now, admittedly I’m not exactly a marketing expert but as I see it the Chevy Silverado EV is still advertised below $40k and I doubt that will change for at least another year (They need to get examples into consumer hands and have some positive reactions from the public before the truck’s reputation will start selling it. Raising their price too soon would be a disaster). Ford will need to keep the Pro below $40k until next year in my opinion to keep up with Chevy.

Now, the Lariat Extended Range is barely tagging $80k. Add the Max Tow package and you cross that line. I don’t see them lowering prices, so I’m guessing IF Ford wants to keep the EXT Lariat down in the rebate range some standard features will go away (Such as the moon roof and power rear window; they can be lumped into a $1,500 “window package”). Now I don’t think the price of the truck would change that much despite the feature removal. Only enough to keep the truck below $80k with either Max Tow or the window package.

With all that in mind, Ford’s pricing is pinched right now for models between $40k and $80k. The price of both the Pro and Lariat can’t really change. The XLT and Platinum can increase in price, but if they move the XLT more than about $2,000 the top-end XLT starts overlapping with the bottom-end Lariat and that becomes a different headache for Ford’s marketing team. And the Platinum is facing its own problem with feature deletion. For all this I don’t see the prices of any model moving too much this year. Maybe $1,500 for the XLT, feature deletion with no major price change for the Lariat, and $2,000 for the platinum IF they return some features that were removed.

What I see Ford changing will be the pricing of options. I think some of the popular add-on-feature prices will go up substantially. Base pricing won’t move a lot, but if you want Towing technology, Max Tow, premium packages, etc you’re gonna pony up 30%-50% more for those packages.

Now, once again, I’m not a marketing expert and I could be completely off base in terms of base pricing for the Pro. Perhaps Ford won’t care about keeping the Lariat ER under $80k. Perhaps Ford only cares about making money and screw everybody speculating in these forums. We should see in the next week or so I hope. My dealer says I should get an early 2023 model and I can’t afford more than about $60k out the door, so I’m really hoping the pricing doesn’t move too much.

OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think the marketing will be an issue. Ford delivered what they promised, one model year of a 39,999 electric truck. Car prices go up each year. As far as Chevy's price, it wont be a huge stretch for them to just raise the price before taking any official orders and site adjustments to market conditions, especially with all of the obviously known inflation we've had. The Cyber truck was the original 40k Truck but we all know that's not happening either, at least not at that price. I suspect the Pro will go up by 3-5k$ since many of the '23 f150 ICE have already been going up by a similar amount. The more curious price may become the XLT since it's price was less marketing and didnt feel like a great value to begin with.

The new tax credit is going to put a huge amount of pressure on the PRO/XLT and naked Lariats which may not line up with Fords allocation planning.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I could see Chevy charging 45k be instead of 40. They were ineligible for the tax credit before and now they will be again. They could go as far as 47.5 and say that it is equivalent to what they advertised previously. This would then give Ford more room to adjust the base price (so chevy won't say anything until just before production). There is still going to be a price crunch at 80k. Maybe the only ER to qualify will be xlt and pro? They painted themselves into a corner with 2022 pricing with few good options to go up. It wasn't going to be a problem because they were going to run out of credits and the 80k limit didn't exist.
Sponsored