• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rickyv490

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus
Here's my question:

Were there any people who extended their reservation in order to buy a Lariat or Platinum? Otherwise, why would Ford say how much the "Personal Offer" would be for those?

I'm just guessing, but MAYBE they'll let people in this wave buy Lariats and Platinums if they want to. I mean, seems like most of us wouldn't do that since we waited for the Pro, but it also seems like Ford would probably be happy to turn some pros into Lariats/Platinums.

Guess we'll see!
I don't see why they wouldn't let them buy whatever. The extension would have been like 8 months ago it's not absurd for someone's financial situation to change or for them to just change their mind. Especially considering when you extended it seemed likely the tax credit would be gone by the time you got to order. Now the tax credit is likely to remain I'm sure some of the Pro extenders are now going to consider upgrading.
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I don't see why they wouldn't let them buy whatever. The extension would have been like 8 months ago it's not absurd for someone's financial situation to change or for them to just change their mind. Especially considering when you extended it seemed likely the tax credit would be gone by the time you got to order. Now the tax credit is likely to remain I'm sure some of the Pro extenders are now going to consider upgrading.
They might have won the lottery and can now afford a an XLT.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT someday
This whole experience is souring me on Ford. 8am 5/20 reservation. not a peep since.

My dealer is a major dealer with 4,000 reservations, but the people that answer the phone there are completely clueless about the entire process.

Would it be that hard to send an email saying "based on your reservation date and chosen dealer, we expect you to be able to order no later than _____"?

Just some basic modicum of customer or potential customer service would be nice.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Talked to my dealer. They still can't confirm for me what the "Private Offer" is, or how to complete my order. They told me to try the FordPass app. But it doesn't have anything, either.

This all feels very last-minute. Not sure what is going on here.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
if you click on the pre aproval letter in your account it goes to a page that says your order has been placed lol

Sponsored

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Hopefully this is fixed by tomorrow.

Leaning Avalanche with both tow packages, pro power, spray in, mobile cord. probably passing on the tailgate step.

Carbonized gray is still a contender.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
That wasn’t a thing. Lariat and Platinum were available during all the Waves. Pro was cut off after Wave 1 and XLT was cut off after Wave 2.

I am sure they will let you order whatever you want, Pro extension being first is due to that Trim being the first that was taken off.

I *think* technically a Lariat/Platinum extension was available if someone wanted to buy in 23 instead of 22..but I can't imagine that being very popular at all. I seem to remember Ford saying that in the email"invite"-- you could extend to 2023 for any reason.

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I checked on my backdoor page
ORDER STATUS BACK DOOR LINK:
https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxxxx
(Put your 8 digit reservation number in place x's. Log into your Ford Account.)

It showed the order button working and I started playing with it. I decided to go back to the normal reservation page and check on it again. At that time it showed the Place Order button available.

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro