• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT someday
The Place Order circle is a status not a button. You can only order if you received an invite to order. For the rest of us it will show an order page but it is non-functional. Did you receive an email invite today? Did you get an invite earlier this year that you extended? From your first post you haven't heard anything from Ford. So you can't order yet. Backdoor only works for those who have an invite.
Thanks. I guess I'll just continue to get no information from a company that doesn't seem to want my business and engages in bait and switch.
Sponsored

claybird22

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ordered

2023 Pro
Avalanche
Tow Tech Package
Tailgate Step
Spray In Bedliner

Confirmation of price matching the MY22.

Mostly I'm ecstatic that I waited and didn't waste money getting an XLT due to FOMO. I also prefer the Avalanche color to the omitted Iced Blue. Win Win. Now the long wait beings.
Congrats! How did you get a confirmation of price matching? Something in addition to the text at checkout?

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Are you email-invited customers only ordering through the backdoor link or is the actual order page linked from the email up and running now?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Congrats! How did you get a confirmation of price matching? Something in addition to the text at checkout?
Just my dealer agreeing that if I was shown that, it would in fact be that way.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Are you email-invited customers only ordering through the backdoor link or is the actual order page linked from the email up and running now?
I did the actual order link/button, not the backdoor.

Sponsored

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
I think this is a good thing. While your order is in they have to accept it. From the Order FAQ: "An order request sends your vehicle configuration to your selected Dealer who will then process your order request." It would be good to get them to sign off on the price so you don't get any surprise ADM. They may also want your driver's license to make sure it's really you and an order deposit if you didn't do it online. My son was able to do this via scan and email for his Mach-E though.
Good to know! Thanks for that info.

After a few phone calls with the sales rep, I think I'm good. She actually called her Ford contact after I pushed back on coming in to sign and that contact told her that you can't order a 2023 Lightning yet :rolleyes: and (in a nutshell) I don't know what I'm talking about. So apparently, Ford's own people don't know what's going on. Anyway, she has it figured out now (allegedly) and tells me the person who can accept my order (guess there is only one at such a small dealer?) is off today and will accept it in the morning.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I think they should have done this to begin with. Rather than make a tiny amount and disappoint folks, they should have been upfront, allowed more to order, and been clear that they would be scheduled out for ‘23 and beyond. That way they could sell the higher margin trims first, then make the lower ones as production became more streamlined. Better expectations management that way, and I think many would have been fine with this approach. Of course, they had to deliver at least one 40K Pro in order for the marketing.
Agreed. They should have just postponed the Pro or said it was going to be VERY limited rather than pretending like it was going to be readily available at launch, etc.

I'm glad some people are getting Pros, now, and that I've ordered one, now, but they could have really done a way better job setting expectations with the Pro (a handful built before fall 2023), reservation timestamp value (surprise! We let a bunch of people cut the line at the last minute!), etc.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just my dealer agreeing that if I was shown that, it would in fact be that way.
Just got off my phone with my dealer. The MY22 price adjustment will be applied as an offer/instant rebate from Ford at the time of purchase (he said Ford will most likely send me the details ahead of time, he said something in the $6k-$8k range). He did confirm they have received that communication and I should be good to go.

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I checked on my backdoor page
ORDER STATUS BACK DOOR LINK:
https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxxxx
(Put your 8 digit reservation number in place x's. Log into your Ford Account.)

It showed the order button working and I started playing with it. I decided to go back to the normal reservation page and check on it again. At that time it showed the Place Order button available.
Just got off my phone with my dealer. The MY22 price adjustment will be applied as an offer/instant rebate from Ford at the time of purchase (he said Ford will most likely send me the details ahead of time, he said something in the $6k-$8k range). He did confirm they have received that communication and I should be good to go.
I was hoping that it was going to be at least half of the 7k price hike. That is even better. Great news.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
So are all the Pros sold out on day 1 - wave 1 ?
You all have to wait till next year ?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Congrats to all the first MY-2023 order makers!!

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I was die hard Pro but can’t afford to wait another year. I went ahead and ordered an XLT. I have a lot of respect for those of you that deferred for a Pro. Twice!
More people be like this fine person. I’m stuck in the XLT extenders wave but can only afford a Pro now and am more than happy to wait for one. Fingers crossed they aren’t all gobbled up in Wave 1. I’m so jelly right now it hurts.

OP
OP
Oneand0

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
So are all the Pros sold out on day 1 - wave 1 ?
You all have to wait till next year ?
It sounds like it. This is for my father and he is the most patient man I have ever met. He was happy that I selected the Pro and not the XLT for him, no matter the wait. We will hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
cool order has been accepted by they dealer and he said no mark up. I Asked about x plan and he said he would have to check

Just my luck they are ending the x plan for stockholders LOL
Sponsored

Last edited: