• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
I don’t think COVP is necessary for Lightning, but the monthly snapshot is on the 15th every month. It helps dealers get extra allocation for their retail orders. There is no incremental allocation for Lightning.
Sponsored

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Does anyone know anything more about the private offer for people who reserved on like day 1-2? and are now ordering a 2023?

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I’ve been hearing some chatter about the possibility that the projected delivery date of autumn ‘23 for the new lightning pro orders might have been a typo or maybe it’s an over conservative estimate to avoid over promising but likely early orders will get their 2023 model pro sooner. Any people with the new wave one order offer still haven’t ordered that can confirm if the order site still says delivery in autumn of 2023 for the pro model?
I would believe that we might get them sooner (especially if "commodity constraints" make it harder for Ford to complete and ship some of the higher trims), but I doubt it is a typo. I suspect Ford wants to get its highest-margin vehicles out first, and is shifting Pro production toward the end of the model year.

But it would be nice if the chatter was right and we could get them this year.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know anything more about the private offer for people who reserved on like day 1-2? and are now ordering a 2023?
Point of clarification....
Reservations placed day 1 & 2 aka 5/19/2021 or 5/20/2021..... no price protection for anyone with a reservation that DID NOT convert to an order during the waves 1-7 [1/6/2022 to 6/14/2022]

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Point of clarification....
Reservations placed day 1 & 2 aka 5/19/2021 or 5/20/2021..... no price protection for anyone with a reservation that DID NOT convert to an order during the waves 1-7 [1/6/2022 to 6/14/2022]
My understanding is that anyone who was invited to order but chose to extend their reservation will get the private offer (price protection).

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
My understanding is that anyone who was invited to order but chose to extend their reservation will get the private offer (price protection).
Yes, that is true, I'm trying to weed out those who only have is a reservation and never had an invitation to order which was executed OR was deferred to MY23

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
For the past week I’ve been trying to switch my 2023 trim to an XLT. I was one of the deferred reservations and had ordered the Pro last week but chaned my mind due to the long wait time.
Dealer states they accepted the order but it somehow didn’t transfer to the WBDO system and they cannot even see it let alone try changing it. They said they contacted someone at ford but for the past few days I haven’t heard anything.

Does anyone have any experience on what to do?
My online account states order confirmed but doesn’t say “order accepted by dealer” as I’ve seen in other posts.

thanks

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
For the past week I’ve been trying to switch my 2023 trim to an XLT. I was one of the deferred reservations and had ordered the Pro last week but chaned my mind due to the long wait time.
Dealer states they accepted the order but it somehow didn’t transfer to the WBDO system and they cannot even see it let alone try changing it. They said they contacted someone at ford but for the past few days I haven’t heard anything.

Does anyone have any experience on what to do?
My online account states order confirmed but doesn’t say “order accepted by dealer” as I’ve seen in other posts.

thanks
I don't think my order ever said "accepted by dealer" but my dealer confirmed by phone that it was accepted. Also, not sure if it's confirmed, but I've seen other posts say that you'll lose the MY 2022 special offer discount if you switch from pro to another model.

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
I don't think my order ever said "accepted by dealer" but my dealer confirmed by phone that it was accepted. Also, not sure if it's confirmed, but I've seen other posts say that you'll lose the MY 2022 special offer discount if you switch from pro to another model.
Where did u hear if you choose another model you loose ur special.private offer? I plan an ordering a different model but have not heard that before. I though the offer was based on what you are ordering for 23, not what ur ordered or pushing in 22

Sponsored

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
Where did u hear if you choose another model you loose ur special.private offer? I plan an ordering a different model but have heard that before. I though the offer was based on what you are ordering for 23, not what ur ordered or pushing in 22
I saw it on one of the 2 forums and or possibly YouTube. It's unconfirmed, but I've seen it multiple times

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Your dealer will be able to see what your offer is. Can you check with them since you have an order in?

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I really don't think that's the case. Here is the verbiage from the letter sent to dealers:

"F-150 LIGHTNING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PRIVATE OFFER
The private offer amount is dependent on the 23MY F-150 Lightning configuration selected. See below for the incentive available for each configuration.
# 38570- F-150 Lightning Model Year Transition Private Offer
  • 22MY Retail Orders that transition to 23MY Retail Orders via MYCO
  • 22MY invited Pro Series “Extend My Reservation” reservation holders (All Wave 1 Invitations)
  • 22MY invited XLT Series “Extend My Reservation” reservation holders (All Wave 2
    Invitations)
  • 22MY Wave 7 (Lariat 510A & 511A Targeted Wave Ordering) invited reservation holders who
    did not convert (Will be included in Wave 3 Invitations sent Mid-September)
    Note: Only 22MY invited Wave 7 reservation holders are eligible within Wave 3 invites. All remaining invited unconverted reservation holders will NOT be eligible."
Also, the PCO price table in that same letter has offers for both Lariat and Platinum which were never unavailable. Plus, Wave 7 invitees that didn't convert are getting another invite in Wave 3 and they didn't specify a trim when passing on the first invite for the Lariat build run.

You also have to figure there is a non-zero number of order invitees that relied on the dealer to extend their reservation when they were picked and passed as they just dealt with the dealer in person or over the phone. It would be pretty dirty to lock the PCO to the trim the dealer selected.

Finally, there is my personal gripe, they didn't specify when extending that you were locking yourself into a specific trim. There was just a button under each unavailable model that said "Extend Reservation." There was no warning before clicking that button.

That said, at this point of, I wouldn't be surprised if they did jack this whole PCO thing up. Rationality appears to have gone out the window on a lot of things lately.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Who gets to order this week?

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Who gets to order this week?
Sure hoping I do! I extended for an XLT in Wave 4 (didn't know it mattered or I would have said Pro). Not sure what I will do if both Pro and XLT are available to me... but I am leaning toward the XLT today.
Sponsored