• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 XLT - Heated Mirrors - Yes or No

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Now that I have taken delivery of my 2023 XLT I am trying to figure out if it has heated mirrors or not. I guess I will know soon enough as the weather worsens but I am curious if there is any way to figure it out now. So far I have not found anything indicating that I have them but I was also never informed that they were removed.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Mine doesn’t say it had them removed but the sales guy thought the fact that it wasn’t included in the details on the top half implied they removed it from the base spec. For what it’s worth none of my other fords have had a specific button just came on with defrost, they did have the defrost line on the mirrors, my lariat does not have anything that makes me think it has them.

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
What does your window sticker say? See this post: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...3-lightings-as-of-11-15-22.13059/#post-276587. Also seems like you would have a switch if you had them. or a blank if you didn’t.

Also did you sign a delete acknowledgement? Would need to look at paperwork. My guess is finance guy runs by that one real fast so you may not have noticed.
Sticker says nothing about mirrors on my XLT, only mention is about lights on the mirrors. The linked examples are all for Lariats I believe.

Where would the "blank button" be? I have not found anything that looks like a button is missing. I also have never had a vehicle where I could control them manually either.

I read every piece of paperwork carefully, it's kinda my thing and tends to drive others a bit nuts. There was nothing about the mirrors. Nor was there any kind of credit for it. I did clearly have to acknowledge the smart scales delete and the credit for that is on the window sticker.

It isn't really a big deal, more of a curiosity to me at this point (although there will be days were heated mirrors would be helpful). The weather will prove if I do or don't eventually.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Don't heated mirrors normally have a heated mirror icon on the mirror glass, or is that not a thing anymore?

Sponsored

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
"If you have power folding mirrors OR BLIS you still have heated mirrors..." Until hearing this I was concerned by the missing logo on the mirror glass but the video indicates that they may still be heated as the XLT does have BLIS.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I know I'd be upset if I spent all that dough on a new truck and didn't have heated mirrors. and you live in Minnesota! you're probably going to want that.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Never knew that existed because it never gets cold in So Calif.

Never turned on the rear defroster either.

Also never turned on heated steering wheel.

Waste of money for me.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I have a Pro and my heated mirror control is the first hard button below the screen

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Now that I have taken delivery of my 2023 XLT I am trying to figure out if it has heated mirrors or not. I guess I will know soon enough as the weather worsens but I am curious if there is any way to figure it out now. So far I have not found anything indicating that I have them but I was also never informed that they were removed.
Do you have this switch on the XLT?
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 XLT - Heated Mirrors - Yes or No 1669342395596

On Lariat & Platinum's, they come on when the rear window defogger is turned on.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Mine’s a Lariat and the sticker doesn’t list heated mirrors. I just confirmed that the mirrors do heat up when I turn on the rear defrost.

OP
OP
GarageMahal

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Mine’s a Lariat and the sticker doesn’t list heated mirrors. I just confirmed that the mirrors do heat up when I turn on the rear defrost.

Brilliant idea, I confirmed that my 2023 XLT does heat the mirrors when the rear defrost is turned on. Note that I do not have a separate switch for the mirrors.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Brilliant idea, I confirmed that my 2023 XLT does heat the mirrors when the rear defrost is turned on. Note that I do not have a separate switch for the mirrors.
I'm hoping my Pro with the Tow Tech has the same feature.

Aside from the standard Scale Removal this would've been the only removed feature for me.
Sponsored