• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I still can't get this stupid update to install... I have disconnected the 12v, charged the truck, set a schedule, driven it around for an hour, parked it outside, and connected it to my wifi and NOTHING is working. If this is what the normal process is for updates Ford needs to get their stuff together. At least let me download it to a freakin USB drive and tell it to pull the update from there.
Waiting is all you can do. Just forget it and walk away from it, it'll install in a few days when the sun is just in the right location. As others noted, all it is going to do is give you a false sense of your range anyway.
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I'm kind of glad I haven't gotten the DTE update. It seems that it just paints a Smiley Face :) on the GOM by ignoring driving history. I'd rather have one that shows me Ford's best guess based on everything they want to consider. I will keep tabs on what's really happening by monitoring consumption during that particular drive.
Yes I updated yesterday and my miles dropped by 10 after the update. My drive to work I got 1.8 and usually get 2.8 or better. I did not precondition this morning I forgot to set it. No errors and Android Auto connects fine

thesneak155

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Waiting is all you can do. Just forget it and walk away from it, it'll install in a few days when the sun is just in the right location. As others noted, all it is going to do is give you a false sense of your range anyway.
At this point I am over it but I need my phone to quit alerting me that it failed and "needs my help" and then gives me no information on how to actually help... lol

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
My range estimate went back to normal after a little driving. 131 mi at 56% right now. That's in line with my recent driving. I'm curious to see if it will read 320 again after charging to 100%.
I charged to 90% this morning and it estimated 288 miles. The truck was tracking pretty well with my actual efficiency while i was at lower SoC but 288miles at 90% is completely unrealistic (i had 95 miles at 45% on Sunday, which is just about what i would expect). It’s fairly clear to me, at this point, that the update changed the DTE algorithm to track like “normal” at lower states of charge (around 50% and less) while artificially inflating DTE at higher states of charge to avoid customer complaints.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes I updated yesterday and my miles dropped by 10 after the update. My drive to work I got 1.8 and usually get 2.8 or better. I did not precondition this morning I forgot to set it. No errors and Android Auto connects fine
The update only changes the GOM algorithm. The MPK is a calculation based on facts (miles driven, kWh consumed), the update doesn’t change the MPK calculation. Your difference is certainly due to the lack of preconditioning.

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Are you all reseting the Gom after the update?

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Out of the blue, I got this update (was on 3.5.4) while driving. I haven’t had WiFi access for a week.

The update installed just fine after my drive, but to my surprise the GOM wasn’t actually reset and showed almost the same number as before. Charging it to 100% now to see if that’s what resets the GOM.

EDIT: 10 minutes later it charged from 79% to 81% and the GOM jumped from 194 miles to 248 miles. So either charging or some time delay seems to have triggered a GOM reset.

Last edited:

Alan168

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, Rapid Red Metallic
Occupation
Retired
I have tried 17 times to install this update. Split about evenly between manual and automatic attempts. I have tried everything described in this string. My home wi-fi is very strong and the truck modem symbol shows upload/download signals. I've also tried driving to a location that has a stronger signal but nothing has worked yet. If I don't get the update soon I'll call Ford tech support.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I have tried 17 times to install this update. Split about evenly between manual and automatic attempts. I have tried everything described in this string. My home wi-fi is very strong and the truck modem symbol shows upload/download signals. I've also tried driving to a location that has a stronger signal but nothing has worked yet. If I don't get the update soon I'll call Ford tech support.
Sadly - mine only installed after I quit worrying about it.

As noted, it's not going to be an improvement in anyway for real life numbers. Your DTE may look good, but it will not be realistic.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Mine has tried to load 3x now but did not make it thru the loading process.

2x it was scheduled and said there was an "error" (preconditions not met) even though it was sitting in my driveway at 1230a..doors locked, not plugged in.

1x I tried to initiate manually after parking at work in the parking garage. Again, vehicle locked and lights off (non charging). Another "conditions not met" error.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E premium, Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Arborist
I’m on try number 6. Haven’t driven the truck in a week though. I’ll try it tomorrow 🫠

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Yeah in terms of the update content: so far matching what others are saying. It pretty much seemed to place a lower limit on how pessimistic the car is about the range estimate. I was actually liking that both in cold weather and for my San Jose commute (5 ish miles each way in heavy traffic), it was basically saying 175 miles at 100% on an ER. That was actually realistic — take 5 mile drive to work, it’s now at 169.

Now it says like 250 and I drive 5 miles and it says 230. It’s still more accurate than a Tesla model 3/Y but now to be perfectly honest it feels like my 2017 older Tesla S in how accurate the range display is.

Maybe this calmed some people’s range concerns but I’m not sure I entirely agree with it.