• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I had my truck in for 5 days of warranty repairs (Shipping door ding, running board delamination, charge port replacement, wireless charger software update, wiper motor replacement). While in, service said they would run a scan and complete any additional outstanding software updates.

Well the Body Shop did a fantastic job…they had to repaint the entire door, and the paint is a perfect match! The new replacement running board was delaminating out of the box, but they installed it anyway since it looked better than the original….they have ordered another replacement.

Checked my Sync….this DTE update is stilll pending….and, failing. One upside….I no longer am getting the pesky ”help us with your update” messages in FordPass…only a notice on the main app screen that an update has been rescheduled.

Well, if the dealer can’t get this update to install, I really don’t care if it ever happens…as I posted before….no added value………
Sponsored

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
I surrender, I have tried everything that has mentioned on the forums, plus a few things not (Holy Water, Bucket of KFC was sacrificed) and nothing worked. I have spoken to Ford and they kept telling me the battery is at low state of charge.

I tried once more today and where I charged to 90%, drove for 45 minutes and triggered a manual update. Still failed.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I surrender, I have tried everything that has mentioned on the forums, plus a few things not (Holy Water, Bucket of KFC was sacrificed) and nothing worked. I have spoken to Ford and they kept telling me the battery is at low state of charge.

I tried once more today and where I charged to 90%, drove for 45 minutes and triggered a manual update. Still failed.
Update has failed repeatedly over last week. I leave the truck plugged in overnight with automatic update set for 1am. I ignore the pleas for help. It will update when it updates.

Reactions: GDN

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I have spoken to Ford and they kept telling me the battery is at low state of charge.
To me, this is an impressive fail by Ford. How in the name of all that is Holy can you not engage the DC to DC converter on an update that demands a high state of charge on the 12v battery.

The software team really needs to step their game up.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
To me, this is an impressive fail by Ford. How in the name of all that is Holy can you not engage the DC to DC converter on an update that demands a high state of charge on the 12v battery.

The software team really needs to step their game up.
Just as is discussed in the tuner threads, that Ford Service procedures instruct the service technician to put the LVB on a capable charger before beginning updates!!!!!

They should have the first steps of every package, begin with an LVB check & charge routine, once the LVB passes muster. Execute phase two of the update cycle to install whatever packages need loading.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
It turned my truck into a pumpkin for a day. Turned back the next. GOM is much higher than before, not sure what to believe. 155 to 202 miles at 90% on my SR. It’s winter, I have LT A/T tires and other add-ons so wasn’t surprised with the big drop from 200+ before with the same setup, that’s why I am skeptical of the new numbers. Time will tell which one was/is right.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation 010CDDD1-6A74-402C-A3AB-F8BA6BB14F1D

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
It turned my truck into a pumpkin for a day. Turned back the next. GOM is much higher than before, not sure what to believe. 155 to 202 miles at 90% on my SR. It’s winter, I have LT A/T tires and other add-ons so wasn’t surprised with the big drop from 200+ before with the same setup, that’s why I am skeptical of the new numbers. Time will tell which one was/is right.

010CDDD1-6A74-402C-A3AB-F8BA6BB14F1D.jpeg
My week with this update, neither is really right but it’s wrong in different ways now.

I’m seeing basically a lower limit for how pessimistic the GOM is willing to be.

The old pessimistic GOM can be a bit of a drama queen — especially right after driving up a 6500ft mountain in the cold, my ER at 100% can have a GOM as low as 140 miles. That’s ridiculous, there isn’t even another 6500ft mountain I can climb again to get 1kWh/mi!

But the new GOM is hopelessly optimistic and I’m barely hitting the estimate on a normal flat highway when the old GOM did nail those estimates.

Tyler Durden

First Name
Cornelius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm still stuck(*), but as everyone here has said, I probably shouldn't care about getting this update. Unless....

Is not completing this DTE update skunking the truck's ability to go to Power Up 4.1.1? Or whatever the next Power Up update I should be getting, whatever, whenever?

(*) I'm not getting the "needs your attention" in the app or whatever anyone else is getting. It's just failing to update manually or automatically. Still stuck at "step 2 of 3"

Last edited:

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Is not completing this DTE update skunking the truck's ability to go to Power Up 4.1.1? Or whatever the next Power Up update I should be getting, whatever, whenever?
I got DTE Thursday night (12th) and 4.1.1 came in the next night on Friday the 13th. Not sure if one begets the other.

GOM II should be nicknamed the Pollyanna edition because it's all sunshine and unicorns before it starts dropping off the cliff.

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
This update went through after failing for a couple weeks. Not sure what finally made it work?

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I got DTE Thursday night (12th) and 4.1.1 came in the next night on Friday the 13th. Not sure if one begets the other.

GOM II should be nicknamed the Pollyanna edition because it's all sunshine and unicorns before it starts dropping off the cliff.
Yeah, the new calculation is certainly more optimistic, though (at least for me) I find it less optimistic than the old one was pessimistic. It does get better when you plug in a route as well.

But we need to just forget all of these GOM issues and have Ford give us the battery % as a number on the dash!

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, DTE took the longest for me (5 days, 8 attempts) and once it finally installed, 4.1.1 was a day later - easy peasy.

Then the magic UI: 4.1.2 installed by itself without an warning and no message on the download icon.

4.1.2 just showed up 2 days after 4.1.1 - out of the blue with no message & no warning...

So the DTE was the major "roadblock" IMO.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation IMG_BB85A0721AD5-1

Brady

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 F150, 22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Teacher
Mine just updated the other day after probably 50 attempts, trying all kinds of things suggested here and more. For an unrelated reason, I turned off my wifi router in the house for a few minutes and restarted it… that night it successfully updated. Might be worth a try if anyone is still waiting.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
My truck is refusing to install this update.

I fully charged my 12v last night. Update still fails.

Resetting the SYNC system did nothing. Plugging it in to charge it did nothing. Doing a rain dance did nothing. Begging the OTA gods did nothing.

I cannot think of anything left to try. My truck seems allergic to the update.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
My truck is refusing to install this update.

I fully charged my 12v last night. Update still fails.

Resetting the SYNC system did nothing. Plugging it in to charge it did nothing. Doing a rain dance did nothing. Begging the OTA gods did nothing.

I cannot think of anything left to try. My truck seems allergic to the update.
How many days have you been trying? I just finally walked away and gave up. It finally installed a couple of days later when it got ready.
Sponsored