• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord V6 EX-L 2015
Mine updated with no issues. I had about 12% battery left on the truck while it was charging. I did notice the truck stopped charging while the update was happening.

Now my charging milage is stating a 4-5 mile add per kwh which is totally wrong lol
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Updated today after 4 days, 8 attempts failed previously.
Currently on 3..5.5.

Took a couple of tries from the Sync screen.

Finally took - update took about 15 minutes - heard a lot of clicking, clacking, motor whine, lights flashing, horn honked once, and it did reset my AM & FM radio stations.

From outside after locking the truck - I saw this beautiful event:
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation 69489928164__13B352F2-81AE-4035-B2B5-215539070503.JPG

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I experienced what most continue to with repeated failures before mine finally installed back on December 15.

Kind of a crazy side note, I've been working on my truck installing a new stereo over the last few weeks. If I've had the truck "on" for a while without driving and it times out and shuts off after 30 minutes or so, when I restart the truck - I get the "Download SW" icon back on the screen. It stays until I go to the SW screen to see what has downloaded and install, but there is nothing new ever there. It's happened 3 times now in the last couple of weeks.
Well - oddly enough I guess my SW download icon wasn't from this DTE release, I actually just received a pop up in my Ford Pass app noting that I received 4.1.1 on Friday ! LOL. I kid you not, you can't make this up.

App message tonight that 4.1.1 installed on Friday, the SW icon popped up yesterday (Saturday) with no further information at all in the app or the SW screen in the truck. Then tonight the message saying, oh yeah, we installed 4.1.1 2 days ago.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My 2023 Pro is officially stuck. I have a Gateway update and a DC Fast Charge Module update pending. Tried to pull the negative battery, no luck. I have a service visit later this month, I'll ask them to install if it doesn't go thru until then.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well - oddly enough I guess my SW download icon wasn't from this DTE release, I actually just received a pop up in my Ford Pass app noting that I received 4.1.1 on Friday ! LOL. I kid you not, you can't make this up.

App message tonight that 4.1.1 installed on Friday, the SW icon popped up yesterday (Saturday) with no further information at all in the app or the SW screen in the truck. Then tonight the message saying, oh yeah, we installed 4.1.1 2 days ago.
4.1.1 is newer than this DTE correct?

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I got the update one night, then the first time I drove it, I had the weird primitive version of the sounds, and it was saying tailgate ajar... I hadn't opened or closed the tailgate in a while, so I figured hmm, at this stop sign in my neighborhood, I should just cycle it. SLAM... what? I get out, it's in manual mode, no responding to the close button, so when opened it, it must have just fallen open. I figure I will deal with this later and closed it up. Everything went back to normal when I came back out to the parking lot from a store I went to.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
My range estimate went back to normal after a little driving. 131 mi at 56% right now. That's in line with my recent driving. I'm curious to see if it will read 320 again after charging to 100%.

Davey B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I got mine at at exactly 4:09 this morning! How do I know you ask. Well, the update caused my the alarm to go off and I couldn't get it to stop until I unlocked the truck and physically opened the door.

I've received other updates without this unwelcome feature. All of my neighbors thank you, Ford.

Anybody else seen this?
IMG_2498.PNG

tempImagebmgKcb.png
Update: I called Ford and they were able to look at things (logs I assume) from their side and they saw nothing. They suggested I go to my local dealer and get my truck checked out.

It took a minute to get to the right team but once I got to the OTA team, they were helpful. FWIW, here is the OTA team's direct number. 833-389-0848.

Last edited:

2bacons

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat (Atlas Blue)
My truck is still on 3.5.4 and says it's up to date. I am even enrolled in the early access program... ha!

Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Anyone know if you can skip this update and go straight to 4.1.1 or do you have to take all updates?

TrinOKor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
This update added a bunch MTE for my standard range, it's nice. It's reporting 210 at 90% at 40 degrees F, higher than I've ever seen it even in warmer weather. Before the update it was 160-180 at 90%.

Who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
The night of the update (distance to empty update) I had the same "tailgate down" light on the dash and the power tailgate button in the cabin wouldn't work. I opened and closed it manually and it went off and worked again. Also, the truck charged to 100% the night the update happened and reset all my radio presets.

On another note, FordPass hasn't updated my range or battery percentage since yesterday afternoon. It could be that I'm running low on battery at the moment, but I would still like the information. Not sure if this is update related...I would like 4.1.1 too.

DucMan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
Put me “plain dumb luck” list. mine updated last night, everything went well, I guess. At 100% and 31* overnight it showed 307 miles.

scott
Sponsored