• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

3.6 miles/kWh commute to work

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
My stop and go commute to work (730am-4p generally... 45 mins each way) is consistently returning superb efficiency numbers. Its a 50 mile round trip and i'm burning through only 20-25 miles of range. Weather in the morning is nice (75-80 degrees) and lightning is parked in a covered garage during the day. On my way back its been running around 100 degrees. There are also times when my range actually goes up by 1 mile... :)

are you all seeing similar results... i'm sure its not an anomaly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
What is the "3.6 kWh" in the title referring to?

Can't be the energy used to get to work. That would mean 6.9 miles/kWh.

3.6 miles/kWh?

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Is AC on? 3.6 miles/kWh means 290w/mile, which is better than Model X actually. Superb.

For similar condition I cannot reach that number due to AC on MX.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Cautious driving at speeds below 50mph?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Freaking sweet

I've done over 60mpg in my Prius on slow going commutes. My typical average is around 45-50mpg

Sponsored

Fryballin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat 511A Iced Blue, Max Tow
My work commute is much shorter, like 13 miles each way. I typically see at least 2.7 mi/kwh on the trip to work and at least 3.0 mi/kWh on the way back from work. Average speed is probably 45 mph, about 10 of the 20 minutes during the drive is at 55 mph. But this has been with extremely hot temperatures well into the 80’s on most days and some days over 90 during the last two months. I think at 45 mph speeds this truck will easily do 3.0 mi/kwh on mostly level terrain, even with moderate AC use.

OP
OP

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
3.6 is high, you could have a short distance where the efficiency was very high that raised the overall to 3.6. For reference, today I was able to achieve 3 miles per kWh over 100 miles. Very similiar conditions, except mine was with a full family and dog. I believe it though and even if it was still 3.2-3.4 still great. How many miles regen?
im driving one paddle all the time. It’s 25 miles each way so not a short distance at all

OP
OP

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
25 miles overall is a short distance but I was referencing a length of a mile or half mile where the effiency was through the roof raising the overall average. Im not convinced one pedal driving is more efficient, just a different way to drive.
gotcha

I’ve barely driven in the other mode but I can try one of these days to see if that makes any difference. Regen is so strong in stop n go I barely use brakes and recover 100% of energy almost all the time. Times when I’m seeing positive efficiency (range going up by a mile)… I’ve no clue what’s driving that. It’s flat land all around here

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I rarely see 2.0, mostly 1.5 to 1.8 but I also can't stop fast acceleration and high speeds. :oops:

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I've been seeing 2.5-2.9kWh here in Florida. Warm weather and low speed limits around town really bumps up the efficiency.
Sponsored