• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

400 mile range from the Lightning?

Myfirstlightning

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 lightning xlt sr
Occupation
Garage supervisor
I just saw a video posted from the Pittsburg auto show the rep is claiming 400 mile range
Ford F-150 Lightning 400 mile range from the Lightning? 6A2B1294-2E91-411B-97C8-2D3A14B3DA72
Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
No way that's not a lie based on everything we've seen, including the recent video showing the dash with the range while it was parked in Chicago.

Moetel6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Rode in an XLT today at the Pittsburgh Auto Show, was pretty much the 2nd ride of the morning. Vehicle was at 99% charge with a range of 226 miles, battery still needed to warn up he said, so range would go up from there. Track was small, but, was almost full acceleration on both straights, so computer had that factored in as well from the day before.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
\Vehicle was at 99% charge with a range of 226 miles, battery still needed to warn up he said, so range would go up from there.
Now that's funny. it's not going up, unless you start charging.

But the trucks on the test runs are pushed, so battery consumption is high. Not like normal driving. If you drive the truck hard the range will drop big time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
The auto show reps are not very knowledgeable about much except how to plug your information into their little palm pilot to get you on the marketing list.

DC auto show rep told me they were producing 200k of them this year to clear out the reservations and then open up the ordering for 23 to the public again. He also told me to provide my contact info so he could send me a lightning brochure. What I got was a coupon for $750 off a ford purchase before 4/22. Of course not applicable to a lightning purchase…?‍♂

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
On a warm day with the HVAC off, empty except for driver, and don't go over 50 mph, you could get 400 miles I think.
And going down hill

Until you drive an EV you don’t realize how suspectable range is to so many elements, ( a log of which you can’t control).

gpbst3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
And going down hill

Until you drive an EV you don’t realize how suspectable range is to so many elements, ( a log of which you can’t control).
I get what your saying.

If the lightening is anything like the tesla I drove, you have to hit the gas going down hill. Lifting off gas pedal will essentially stop the car.
Sponsored