• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

502A package Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control HELP please on lifted truck

VeganF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum
I mean up to you if you don’t want your ACC to work but it is not working correctly if it is braking when a semi in the lane next to you. If you are happy having that happen all power to you I guess, lol.
No it brakes when a semi changes lanes and appears IN FRONT of my truck and I am accelerating upon it. Not when there is a vehicle next to my truck. It senses the full 18 wheeler as wall and will decelerate rapidly pretty normal to me. The ACC works well and did 3600 mile road trip in 2021
Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
No it brakes when a semi changes lanes and appears IN FRONT of my truck and I am accelerating upon it. Not when there is a vehicle next to my truck. It senses the full 18 wheeler as wall and will decelerate rapidly pretty normal to me. The ACC works well and did 3600 mile road trip in 2021
Gotcha mine does not treat them differently than any other vehicle…

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
3. Lane centering is not working well. When the truck was stock and I'm in the left lane on the highway it seemed to want to pull to the right. I would fight it and then get mad, let go. It would run to the center line and sometimes over it. Then it would come back to center. This is my second 2021 F-150 Lariat 502A. The first truck did the same thing so I just figured this is just how it is. Now with the lift the lane centering kinda weaves back and forth and does not want to go straight. With a trailer the lane centering is really scary and I just turn it off before it causes a sway condition.

My 502A job 1 truck behaved this same way for almost a year. The latest set of updates that enabled blue cruise include a PSCM update that appears to have fixed it.

OP
OP
Jimmy Young

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
So monday the 4th my truck will be at the ford dealer for a month now. They have tried almost everything to get the intelligent adaptive cruise control to work properly. They first reset and reprogrammed all the senors. Then they forced all the updates threw as for some reason my truck was way way behind. That did not work. They Opened a case with ford and they have been working with them. Last week that had them change out the IPM Module I guess it was throwing codes and giving them programming issues. When they tested the truck this week they drove it over 100 miles testing on HWY's. Now the problem switched from breaking when passing big rigs on the right to the left side....ugh. So they are asking FORD what is next to try. They did say the lane centering is working correctly now though so that is good. The dealer has been fabulous they fill my pain and I feel there's they never expected it to take this long.

They were telling me if they cant get it fixed by end of next week then it qualifies for a FORD buy back. I really don't want that I just want my truck back. I do not want to threw all that. It does suck that for the 6 months since I bought the truck it has spent 2 months total now at Ford and only 4K on it....really hope this is not a lemon I love my truck but common. Spend 78k for that I cant drive. My last Trunda Platinum 8 years 85K zero days at shop......so so frustrating

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have mentioned this. It gets ignored. There is a height setting in the IPMA. When you do any calibration it even asks if the height is still correct. The fender height needs to be adjusted to the new height

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jimmy Young

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
I have mentioned this. It gets ignored. There is a height setting in the IPMA. When you do any calibration it even asks if the height is still correct. The fender height needs to be adjusted to the new height
Ill send this over to my service person at Ford. They just ordered a new Cruise control module. The reason I have it at this dealer is they do a ton of custom trucks there and have a lot of experience with lifted newer trucks. They said mine for some reason has been very challenging but its helping them learn and they are up for the challenge. I just miss my truck and want it back.

Thanks Jesse for the info.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yeah, They dont need an IPMA> They need to look at the prompts. When they go into the IPMA calibration it will say the current fender height. It will ask if thsi is still correct. They need ot measure it and enter the new height. I believe its in MM

You can also do it in forscan in the iPMA configuration the non as build format selection.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Also if it’s a job one they need to make sure they updated all the modules. Ipma, ccm, cmr and pscm.
Even if it’s a job two there are updates for those

OP
OP
Jimmy Young

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
Also if it’s a job one they need to make sure they updated all the modules. Ipma, ccm, cmr and pscm.
Even if it’s a job two there are updates for those
Thanks a ton Jesse. sent all that info over to my service tech. I know at one point they kept having problems programming the sensors and FORD had them manually put them all in and that took some time. The IPM Module that was replaced did help so it must have been defective. Now I have my fingers crossed when they get the new Cruise control module in that it all works.

Cant that you enough Jesse for all the info.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks a ton Jesse. sent all that info over to my service tech. I know at one point they kept having problems programming the sensors and FORD had them manually put them all in and that took some time. The IPM Module that was replaced did help so it must have been defective. Now I have my fingers crossed when they get the new Cruise control module in that it all works.

Cant that you enough Jesse for all the info.
If they replaced it it probably improved because it updated. The new updates helped a ton with the ACC..

Hope you get it sorted
Sponsored