• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

5G Capability in F150 Lightning

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I just saw this article stating that the F150 Lightning will be 5G capable, I had previously heard only about 4G.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/att-5g-ford-f150-lightning-connectivity/
This makes sense but the only thing in the article that has me weary is a picture of an ICE F150 that the caption claims to be a Lightning in testing ?
Actually, that was one of the early F-150 BEV prototypes. If you read the caption, it is the one that was used to tow a train loaded with ICE F-150s. They build that before they settled on the Lightning external design and long before the name was announced.

OP
OP
JPro

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Actually, that was one of the early F-150 BEV prototypes. If you read the caption, it is the one that was used to tow a train loaded with ICE F-150s. They build that before they settled on the Lightning external design and long before the name was announced.
Good catch! There are a lot of people writing articles who don't know what they're talking about but this one seemed legit.
Sponsored