• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
“Sales of Ford’s profitable F-Series pickups were off 10.7% through August compared with the prior year. The company has sold 6,842 models of its all-electric F-150 Lightning pickup to date as of Aug. 31, including 2,373 vehicles last month.”

F-150 Lightning’s top three conquests are Ram pickup, Model 3 and Model X.

Ford F-150 Lightning 6,842 Lightnings sold so far, 2,373 in July 2022 đź“Š ford-august-2022-sales-report-summary-

Ford F-150 Lightning 6,842 Lightnings sold so far, 2,373 in July 2022 đź“Š ford-august-2022-sales-

Ford F-150 Lightning 6,842 Lightnings sold so far, 2,373 in July 2022 đź“Š ford-august-2022-inventory-

Ford F-150 Lightning 6,842 Lightnings sold so far, 2,373 in July 2022 đź“Š ford-august-2022-production-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This answers a question I had in another thread, how many MY22 will be sold? If sale means by dealer to customer and 10/10 is the last MY22 production date, presumably this means sales of MY22 occur hrough November. With one month being half sales, there should be about 6,000 of additional sales in MY22 at the current run rate. 13k Lightnings for MY22 estimated, this lines up pretty well with the percentage of people who got pushed to MY23 and the original MY22 15,000 estimate.

More important than MY22 will be MY23. It will be exciting to see the first 10,000 Lightning sold month. Bets on when that will happen?

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Interesting to see Model 3 as one of the top 3 conquest. They are so very different vehicles. Probably a lot of people like myself who got tired of waiting for cybertruck or any other EV truck for that matter.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Interesting to see Model 3 as one of the top 3 conquest. They are so very different vehicles. Probably a lot of people like myself who got tired of waiting for cybertruck or any other EV truck for that matter.
Since Model 3 is the most common EV in the US, and it's not even close, anyone switching from an EV to a Lightning, there's a good chance it's from a Model 3. And like you were kinda saying, lots of people bought Model 3s that would have otherwise preferred a truck or an SUV because for a while, the Model 3 was the only or best "affordable" gas-replacement EV readily available.

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
This is underwhelming. F stock sliding from $25 to $11 from initial hype about Lightning to production numbers in July tells quite a story despite promises of producing 80k in 2023 and 160k in 2024. Reality check doesn’t add up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
A lot of potential truck lovers like myself prefer EV because we don't like to burn gas, no need to mention full size pickup trucks with 15mpg.

Lightning solves that problem.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This is underwhelming. F stock sliding from $25 to $11 from initial hype about Lightning to production numbers in July tells quite a story despite promises of producing 80k in 2023 and 160k in 2024. Reality check doesn’t add up.
Ford stock has never been and never will be at TSLA numbers. I’m not exactly sure why people even look at that when buying a truck.

As far as Model 3 owners, I suspect a lot of them will go back to Tesla.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Wow only 6.5 more years till all the reservation holders get their trucks at this rate. The latest email I got from ford today says most reservation holders should be invited to configure by next summer. Color me skeptical unless they can ramp unbelievably fast

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Why? Because of super charger network? FSD? Sentry mode?
All that and some have never owned a Truck but expect it to perform like a small compact Sedan along with luxury items.

Once the CT is released (2030) there will be a mass exodus. I will then pick up a Pro as a 2nd Lightning.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
All that and some have never owned a Truck but expect it to perform like a small compact Sedan along with luxury items.

Once the CT is released (2030) there will be a mass exodus. I will then pick up a Pro as a 2nd Lightning.
I disagree. Those from model 3 and never drive a full size truck before could feel the truck is even bigger than they expected, but I don't see that would be the reason to switch back.

CT would be targeted to different customers. Lightning is for pure truck fans or small business owners while CT customers are more overlapped with Rivian. Lightining and CT/Rivian are just different trucks.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Why? Because of super charger network? FSD? Sentry mode?
Those things. The dealership model. UI/Software.

That said, the EV market is going to grow very quickly and there will be PLENTY of demand for several trucks to be successful. I think Ford will be very successful, and still be the leader, but the Cybertruck and others can be successful, too.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I disagree. Those from model 3 and never drive a full size truck before could feel the truck is even bigger than they expected, but I don't see that would be the reason to switch back.

CT would be targeted to different customers. Lightning is for pure truck fans or small business owners while CT customers are more overlapped with Rivian. Lightining and CT/Rivian are just different trucks.
The CT is a toy to compete with the TRXs and Raptors of the world.

The Rivian is really the Truck Model 3 owners should be looking at and it’s the Truck Tesla should have put out.

The Lightning is a car first, tech gadget 2nd IMO, and that’s what I love about it.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
In a mature market, sure, but in a VERY limited market where supply is crushed by demand for years and there are only a few models to chose from, many EV trucks are competitors that otherwise wouldn't be.

They'll all sell as many as they can build, but people who would otherwise *prefer* a Rivian or CT might go with the Lightning because they can get one first, and some people who would prefer a Lightning might go with Rivian or CT if they can get one.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Anytime a company is gaining overall market share that is huge. That tells you they are doing every thing a company needs to be doing. Very impressive from a Centuries old Corporation.

Momentum and energy, innovation is impressive for a Legacy Automaker.
Sponsored