• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control, if R/L turn signal on, temporary acceleration?

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
p278 "Note: When you are following a vehicle and you switch on a turn signal lamp, adaptive cruise control may provide a small, temporary acceleration to help you pass."

Has anyone experienced this? Does this mean when you are following someone and indicate that you will be changing lanes with the turn signal, then immediately an acceleration is added, even before moving out of the lane? Seems weird.
I would think that this acceleration would occur only if you are going under your set speed, and you have moved out of the lane from behind someone so that there is more than your set adaptive gap availble.
Sponsored

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
The vehicle does accelerate after you move to the clear lane, but I honestly haven’t noticed it as an “additional “ acceleration. It feels quite smooth and natural. The adaptive cruise and Blue Cruise functionality while changing lanes has been surprisingly good. I like it better than my Model Y. It just feels normal and there is no fighting for who is controlling the vehicle.

xycarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Sasquatch, Lighting Lariat ER on order
I assumed it accelerated as I was changing lanes because I was moving out from behind a slower car.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'm confused. Manual is quite clear. Makes total sense.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
hopefully it would not accelerate BEFORE you leave the lane, since you may only be indicating that you are about to TURN.

Sponsored

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
I am ecstatic to hear that the lightning has this feature. My wife's Volvo has this feature and it makes driving in moderate traffic on the highway a little less stressful. My Audi will not accelerate from behind someone going slower than you until you are completely in the other lane which can be frustrating if you are trying to get a move on. I often have to give it a little acceleration manually.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I am ecstatic to hear that the lightning has this feature. My wife's Volvo has this feature and it makes driving in moderate traffic on the highway a little less stressful. My Audi will not accelerate from behind someone going slower than you until you are completely in the other lane which can be frustrating if you are trying to get a move on. I often have to give it a little acceleration manually.

My Buick wagon(aka Opel) has this feature as well. It smooths out the adaptive cruise as you "signal" your intention to pass--makes it less jerky. Feels very natural to me, like how you would do it if you were to pass and not use the adaptive cruise.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
hopefully it would not accelerate BEFORE you leave the lane, since you may only be indicating that you are about to TURN.
It actually does accelerate before you leave the lane. In fact, it does EXACTLY what the manual says it does - " When you are following a vehicle and you switch on a turn signal lamp, adaptive cruise control may provide a small, temporary acceleration to help you pass".

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I would think that this acceleration would occur only if you are going under your set speed, and you have moved out of the lane from behind someone so that there is more than your set adaptive gap availble.
This is exactly how it has worked for me, set point of 70, eventually I creep up to a slower vehicle, I slow to their speed, then I change lanes (with or with out using signals [mass-hole driver here]) the truck accelerates to my CC set point, after getting around the slow-poke I merge back to the center lane maintaining my set point until the next slow poke rinse wash repeat.
Sponsored