• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Air Lift Air Bags not available on Powerboost

Cajin Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Minister
Recently went to a local installer to have air bags installed on my 2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost and was told no air bags are available yet to install on the Powerboost. It has to do with the lithium battery pushing everything rearward, so the gas tank gets in the way of the mounting brackets. Has anyone else experienced this? And are there other options to avoid squat in the rear? I am using a weight distribution hitch. The truck does have a 2.5" leveling kit on it.
Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster
Your hitch should compensate for any squat when adjusted properly.

OP
OP

Cajin Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Minister
Your hitch should compensate for any squat when adjusted properly.
Not with a leveling kit. That's why I want airbags. Hoping the RAS will be a temp fix until Air Lift figures it out.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I do not have experience with a leveling kit so you'll have to educate me, why won't the WDH work with that modification?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cajin Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Minister
I do not have experience with a leveling kit so you'll have to educate me, why won't the WDH work with that modification?
The truck comes from the factory with a downward rake in the front. Manufacturers do this to help with MPGs. So when looking at the truck from the side, the front is lower than back. A leveling kit makes the truck sit....well, level. However, with the leveling kit, there is a now a bit of a squat in the rear, even with the WDH, because the front is now higher, or "level." One would have to really bear down on the weight bars to get it to pick up the rear of the truck. My travel trailer only weighs about 5800lbs. So that would put increased tension on the frame of the trailer. Air bags solve all of these issues. But still use the WDH hitch.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So without the leveling kit and the trailer hitched, you were level. Now with the leveling kit and the trailer hitched, you're not level?

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost FX4 XLT with Stuff
Recently went to a local installer to have air bags installed on my 2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost and was told no air bags are available yet to install on the Powerboost. It has to do with the lithium battery pushing everything rearward, so the gas tank gets in the way of the mounting brackets. Has anyone else experienced this? And are there other options to avoid squat in the rear? I am using a weight distribution hitch. The truck does have a 2.5" leveling kit on it.
I have the ride rite by firestone on my PB. No issues with install or availability. I tow a 3 horse trailer and Travel trailer.

OP
OP

Cajin Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Minister
I have the ride rite by firestone on my PB. No issues with install or availability. I tow a 3 horse trailer and Travel trailer.
Is that so! Did you have it installed? Or do it yourself? Any modifications have to be done?

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
The Airlift system works fine - it was certified for 2021+ Powerboost. I received one of the first that were updated for this application, in June 2021, and have used them since without issue. The battery/gas tank wasn't the fitment problem - it was the leveling controller bracket on the left rear axle. However, I now see on the Airlift website that there is no longer a spec for the Powerboost - no idea why - you should call them to see what's up. I communicated with their engineering group several times prior to receiving mine, while they were in development. It's quite strange that they sold them for a while but they no longer have them listed. Worth a call - 800.248.0892

https://www.airliftcompany.com/vehi...021/4-wheel-drive/?sub_model=NON+PowerBoost#l

OP
OP

Cajin Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Minister
The Airlift system works fine - it was certified for 2021+ Powerboost. I received one of the first that were updated for this application, in June 2021, and have used them since without issue. The battery/gas tank wasn't the fitment problem - it was the leveling controller bracket on the left rear axle. However, I now see on the Airlift website that there is no longer a spec for the Powerboost - no idea why - you should call them to see what's up. I communicated with their engineering group several times prior to receiving mine, while they were in development. It's quite strange that they sold them for a while but they no longer have them listed. Worth a call - 800.248.0892

https://www.airliftcompany.com/vehi...021/4-wheel-drive/?sub_model=NON+PowerBoost#l
This is super helpful. Thanks for the excellent information! I will follow up with Airlift for sure.

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is that so! Did you have it installed? Or do it yourself? Any modifications have to be done?
Complete install took about 35 minutes. Nothing other than parts and pieces that came with the kit.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Complete install took about 35 minutes. Nothing other than parts and pieces that came with the kit.
Jesus lucky you. I installed a set of these on my 2019 Ranger and it took TWO DAYS because the bolt holding the bump stop in place broke. Then I had to drill it out and get a longer bolt and through-bolt the bag into place. Really sucked.

itsdchz

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jesus lucky you. I installed a set of these on my 2019 Ranger and it took TWO DAYS because the bolt holding the bump stop in place broke. Then I had to drill it out and get a longer bolt and through-bolt the bag into place. Really sucked.
Probably helped that my F150 was only 4 days from the dealer lot, and 3 months from build date.
Sponsored