• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Alarm goes off with truck turned off and trailer connected.

PJBecker

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Mechanical Technician
I have a 2021 Powerboost. Every time I hook up my travel trailer the alarm goes off after I turn off the truck. I get the message that the truck has detected a trailer disconnect. This happens, usually, about 5 minutes after I shut off the truck. Just about every time. Right about the time I get my shoes off and sit down or, when I get seated at the restaurant we happen to be eating at. Has anyone else had this happen? I would like to know if I can turn off this feature?

Thanks, Pete.
Sponsored

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer, 2021 F150
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
My single Axle Cargo trailer sets off the alarm too. Neighbours dual axle i use some times wont. Dealer just changed the trailer-tow-module, but i haven't used the trailer yet to see if that helps. Let the rest of us know what your dealer does to fix it.

IrishFordGuy

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT PowerBoost
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 2021 Powerboost. Every time I hook up my travel trailer the alarm goes off after I turn off the truck. I get the message that the truck has detected a trailer disconnect. This happens, usually, about 5 minutes after I shut off the truck. Just about every time. Right about the time I get my shoes off and sit down or, when I get seated at the restaurant we happen to be eating at. Has anyone else had this happen? I would like to know if I can turn off this feature?

Thanks, Pete.
Sounds like a software bug please report to dealer so it can be fixed. New F150 has ability to receive "over the air software updates" to correct things like this.

OP
OP

PJBecker

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Mechanical Technician
My single Axle Cargo trailer sets off the alarm too. Neighbours dual axle i use some times wont. Dealer just changed the trailer-tow-module, but i haven't used the trailer yet to see if that helps. Let the rest of us know what your dealer does to fix it.
I'm not sure when I'll be able to take the truck in but, I will update with any news.

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
I'm not sure when I'll be able to take the truck in but, I will update with any news.
Ford HAs an update out on this they are supposed to be sending out notices today to anyone with a dearbourne built truck between January and August of this year.

Sponsored

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Ford HAs an update out on this they are supposed to be sending out notices today to anyone with a dearbourne built truck between January and August of this year.
do you have a TSB or notice number for that?

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical

r-model

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT with some goodies, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Velocity Blue (ordered)
Occupation
designer
I had the same problem when I connected a u-haul car trailer, dealer replaced the right hand door lock button, that might have solved the issue, will find a trailer this coming weekend to verify.

Gator87

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 ecoboost
Had this done to my truck today and did not help mine, alarm still goes off few min after I lock the door or remote start truck Ugh so frustrating!

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Ford alarm system is these trucks are the worst quality shit ever. Trailer connected and walk away? Alarm goes off.

randomly my motion detector sets my truck off at night as well. So frustrating. Believe it or not having a window shade on the windshield prevents my alarm from going off. If I don’t have the shade up I need to manually turn off motion detection before leaving.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I’m on my second rental trailer with this problem. First one I thought it was bad wiring or loose connection (I left it unlocked to stop alarm and it drained battery overnight). Just picked up a U-Haul and same problem, so seems to be the truck. Just leaving this one disconnected so the neighbors don’t kill me.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
This happened to me this weekend. I rented a uhaul and the dang alarm kept going off telling me the trailer was disconnected ~5 mins after I would lock the truck.

Luckily I was able to return the uhaul that same day, but I would really like to get this fixed before I have to rent another.

Gator87

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.5 ecoboost
So I have figured out on my truck it most definitely was because all of my trailers have LED Brake/Turn Signals. I added two incandescent lights (one on each side) to the brake/turn signal circuit and my truck works perfect now. Does NOT matter what kind of lights you have for tail/markers lights only the brake light circuit. The LED lights do not draw enough current for the truck to pick up that lights are still plug in so the truck thinks someone has unhooked the lights. Hope this helps some others!

Jason Kendall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So I have figured out on my truck it most definitely was because all of my trailers have LED Brake/Turn Signals. I added two incandescent lights (one on each side) to the brake/turn signal circuit and my truck works perfect now. Does NOT matter what kind of lights you have for tail/markers lights only the brake light circuit. The LED lights do not draw enough current for the truck to pick up that lights are still plug in so the truck thinks someone has unhooked the lights. Hope this helps some others!
This is very helpful - thank you. Would you please write with additional detail about your fix, or share photos, such as the wattage of the bulbs, where you located them, and where/how you connected to the brake circuit?
Sponsored